sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

No problem actually sb, they loaded just fine except for the error about a SCAR. But now I decided to start over the missions I made to fix/update a few things.

Plus I want to see if this time I can play through with out the sight adjustment function disappearing for rifles and launchers. I'm not sure if you saw my post about it in the ACE forums. Hopefully with the new XEH this won't stop working this time. The sight adjustment for vehicles via the action menu still worked but the keyable rifle way didn't.

Thanks for the update guys. After years of bitching from some people about a lack of a release, gee look, this mod isn't dead! 2 updates in a little over a month is some serious work if you ask me. Thanks for sticking through all that crap.

Cheers fellas. You guys are geniuses.

Right, as an FYI to mission makers:

SCARs that had EGLM and Suppressor have been removed.

also

Some of the SCAR variants have changed names.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Right, as an FYI to mission makers:

SCARs that had EGLM and Suppressor have been removed.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

That's too bad. Those were great, although I was using the mk13 more and more. Time to make the change in the acu SF config as well.

Thanks for that info bud. Not a big deal.

That's too bad.

Yeah, I debated about it for a long time. The number of SCAR variants started to get excessive and I wanted to cut the # at 40, total. I was going to cut more of the suppressed variants to allow for more unsuppressed, but was convinced just to cut the EGLM/SD versions by a few of the other devs.

Also, in my experience, hardly anybody ever uses the suppressed version in the servers I've been playing on.

And, stay tuned for a cool new feature that will make it more convienient and palatable to use the MK13 standalone, or any of the other Standalone GLs wink_o.gif

Currently downloading the update now, what were the problems with the Rucksack system that needed fixing out of curiosity?

YEAH!

Big thank for update!

Ps : i dont know if that's mentionned, some vehicule have no shadow : M2a2 M2a1, ZU23

My team is using "an addon" for an ACE mod (khm), and now it says:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.ACE_HoldMedicalItems'.

I guess there is no need to add bandages in v1.02, I ask authors whats the correct *new* procedure of adding medical items to regulars/medics in our addon pack?

Or we should only remove ACE_HoldMedicalItems and ACE_HoldExplosives from weapons[] line?

@IceBreakr

It seems the class was removed.

No good for backwards compatibility. Open a ticket at their site.

Does anybody else have the issue of the player being  the commander of a tank (in this instance a M1A1 abrams), and the AI gunner not engaging automatically, I have to designate every target and order the gunner to engage, vehicles that have no commander postion do not have this problem.

*EDIT, simple case of RTFM*

the changelog covers turning while prone.....

just installed 1.02 and i got that problem it's unplayable, how do you fix it ?

From the change log:

Quote[/b] ]Turning while prone is more restricted, you have to press a movement key together with the mouse to turn faster. [

From the change log:
Quote[/b] ]Turning while prone is more restricted, you have to press a movement key together with the mouse to turn faster. [

ok so it's not a bug ? it's supposed to add realism ?

Yea thats what Invasion 1944 did with OFP.

BTW love the russian units just love them. I hope the next update puts in new US units perhaps IMWM's ACU biggrin_o.gif

Sidenote: Awesome M4's guys I love the sights on the things. Next thing is to make a grenadier model.

Sidenote: Awesome M4's guys I love the sights on the things. Next thing is to make a grenadier model.

If by grenadier you men M4 with M203: there is one (actually, two).

Quote[/b] ]ok so it's not a bug ? it's supposed to add realism ?
Anyone who ever played games like Ghost Reacon or Vietcong will know the feature. I think it is awesome.

Increase your free float zone in controls and see what it does, perhabs you find it too restrictive because you have the slider all the way to the left.

OR: Hold down Alt.

I'm going to shamelessly plug this idea yet again, but I run a realism unit that uses ACE mod and the one & only desire we are left with after getting our servers set up with this mod is the inability to manually load incapacitated soldiers into vehicles.

Would this be a possible future addition or is this simply not possible given the arma platform?

Please just delete the holder weapons like medical and explosives, since they are part of the put weapon now.

This has already been this way since v1.01 actually smile_o.gif

It's better to error than to be backwards compatible in this case; you dont want an extra weapon on all your soldiers, looking at the magazine/weapon overload problems the ruck system caused etc :P

Hi guys

Patching to 1.01 using the auto updater and I'm getting this...

Can't write: C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@ACE\Tools\sixarma-updater.exe

Bit nervous to click "cancel", am I going to have to restart the DL / patch process?

Quote[/b] ]Are there any plans to re-work the "jump out" feature for helicopters?

Is it possible to get some help removing the "Mando features", and the weapons system from all aircrafts and revert the A-10 flight-model or use Rock's flight-model?

I would agree that Jump Out needs to be OMG GTFO NOW!!! without turning off the engine while Get Out is the controlled and calm procedure that turns off the engine. Vanilla ArmA had Eject & Get Out which differed on this engine off point which let you leave the engine (and lights) of a truck on which was a very nice option to have.

The Mando features on the aircraft do absolutely nothing useful frankly. The ordinance count is never right and the lock functionality is completely superfluous.

As for the A-10, I flew Shadow's unit's modpack version and the one in ACE 1.01 and I found them extremely similar with the ACE one slightly more brick-ish. However the ACE A-10 is perfectly serviceable and possibly even more correct than one which is more forgiving.

Maybe it's the same flight model, but the ACE A10 is heavier?

Doomguy

It's already been discussed, apparently Aushlife plans to make it more like the RKSL version. Go back a page or two.

The Mando features on the aircraft do absolutely nothing useful frankly. The ordinance count is never right and the lock functionality is completely superfluous.

The Mando features are there for the flares, ILS (HUD for planes to help with landing) and GPS on the HUD as far as I know.

I guess the other action menu items should be hidden.

Feel free to place that as a report on the ACE project tools if it's not there already.

For everyone feeling that their suggestions / reports are ignored; they actually might be.

http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?projectid=1

is the place where we handle Issue Tracking smile_o.gif

Hi guys

Patching to 1.01 using the auto updater and I'm getting this...

Can't write: C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@ACE\Tools\sixarma-updater.exe

Bit nervous to click "cancel", am I going to have to restart the DL / patch process?

Please read the announcement post.