sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Quote[/b] ]I'm done with this.

Peace out.

In other news, I'm mulling over what I should do with my new-found powers of "spokesperson for ACE".  rofl.gif

This is just hilarious to me.  biggrin_o.gif

Anyways, to clear things out, I'm not a spokesperson - but I am opinionated. I have the distinct advantage that I don't care what people think about me so I'm not afraid to speak my mind.

edit: I invite anybody who has personal problems with me to PM and air their grievances.

Now Now Boys... mad_o.gif

ACE is awesome!! okay yes it may have its bugs but that isn’t unusual.. Every piece of software ever made will have updates for such things..

I know Sickboy and team is working around the clock to sort all these issues at your expenses.

Complaing about add-ons which haven’t been added in a beta is just really stupid.. Its a beta release, don’t expect everything.

Constructive Criticism is excellent as long as you can report a bug and show how you can reproduce this bug and maybe even how to solve this bug

Opinions aren’t really needed unless they are good opinions.. as they just cause flaming and bad attitudes.. so if you have something bad to say just dont say it at all.

Well, another 2 pages lost for those who want to follow the thread to find information and help by giving information.

Please read this statement and dont replay to this issue anymore, because it is loosing the scope of this thread.

Criticism is allowed in the world of free speech, that is applying to this part of the Forum, too. No one gets crucified for expressing his/her opinion, but there is always a chance that other people will disagree with you. One important factor of communication is the way you are expressing it.

Looking from an objective POV, monty67t statement that "ACE [..] is definately a disappointment so far." is expressing that all developers and constributors and even advisors have failed.

It is okay, if that is your opinion.

Many systems in ACE are still work in progress and they dont drop from the sky and not in a perfect condition. Feedback is very important for that. But time isnt endless and the way to perfection is looong. Too long to get acomplished ever, so you need to set your priorities and i am sorry if there is a "delay" in delivery. wink_o.gif

Helping hands, feedback and opinions are welcome. But please express your criticism in a more constructive manner, listing valid points based on facts. Only becasue there are changes in the Armies equipment, it doesnt apply to the models, textures, configs and scripts. You should know how hard it is being worked on, even if you dont know how much work it really is.

I just can say that we (normally RPG players) just had one of the best games we ever had on one of the ported ACE-Islands (Trinity), ACE-Mod powered of course.

With us playing were the majority guys, who played the ACE-Mod for the first time.

Their Response after that Game was hardly to put in words (on a extremely positive side) - is this enough?

During the last Month after ACE release i read+heard one sentence from "ACE first-timers" maybe over 50times... they always saying it like:

"This is how Arma should have been since its release"

I can't imagine any better praise for the Devs - simply don't let some negative opinions and bullshit get your moods down, the most em are probably only pure envy.

Aushilfe @ Jan. 27 2009,00:38)]Criticism is allowed in the world of free speech, that is applying to this part of the Forum, too. No one gets crucified for expressing his/her opinion, but there is always a chance that other people will disagree with you. One important factor of communication is the way you are expressing it.

Well I just wanted to say that if anybody got the impression from me that we're not accepting constructive criticism, I'd like to apologize.

The ACE bug tracker is open for feedback - and that is a better place to discuss such things, than here.

@Monty: What you played was an Alpha months ago, and that befell under an NDA, in any case, not nice to throw around with on a public forum.

@Scuba: I don't believe that internal Developer affares belong in the public. Let's not go there.

@Spokesman debate:

There are no official spokesmen of ACE down here. ACE Team Members answer questions, out of free will, free time, and basically not in an official ace capacity.

A.C.E. Leads are the guys who answer in official capacity:

http://www.acemod.net/wiki/The_Team

and

http://www.acemod.net/forums/showgroups.php

@ Our Release State etc:

The reasons for the state of our releases has been clearly explained in the first post of this thread; Active ppl and Motivation.

Feel free to join us if you feel you can do things better or have something to add.

Otherwise, there's very little reason to moan about a free Mod with numerous components and features, developed in the free time of people around the world!

(Unless it is our motivation you wish to attack)

@ All the bla bla bla:

No Comment.

Let's get back to discussion and reporting problems and feedback shall we.

Seems some people can't appreciate getting 'free' sh*t, I do, so thankyou very much to all the people involved in making ACE!

Damn fine job guys !

P.s. PLEASE, check your PM box sickboy I'm waiting for a 'yes' or 'no' reply.

Edit.

Thanks for replying mate, appreciated!

Did i miss some info on the ACE A-10? Is it possible i can kill my turbines? Sometimes flying, it seems that my engines flare out or something like that, i cant get anymore lift when that happens and i "glide" more or less to my demise on the ground... especially in tight turns it seems the hog looses lot of his "will" ... the speed drops and i cant get it back up.

Also some more armour around the cockpit would be nice. is there a titanium material?

otherwise its loveleleley!

especially in tight turns it seems the hog looses lot of his "will" ... the speed drops and i cant get it back up.

It's called stall. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Seems some people can't appreciate getting 'free' sh*t

you got that right.. no one is forcing ace upon them.. if they dont like it,, they could alway try to make a better mod.

ace is not perfect.. probealy never will be.. but its the best mod for arma so far.

@ace team

. could you guys move the map "hud" to buttom left corner or some better place. its kinda hides the radio. i have sent many wrong commands to my units cos i didnt see what was under ther." thought i pressed right command" tounge2.gif

i know you can hide it, but in a stressed situation i dont always got time to mess with action menus.

i dont know if its reported.. but the bleading screen. seams to be in wrong aspect sometimes. it looks like its 16:10 instead of 16:9. it looks kinda weird.

i have to nag about the sound on ah64 tounge2.gif

please turn down the sound on the heli. when i am on teamspeak i cant hear shit when i am in this heli..

blah rofl.gif , i know what stall is but, the engines die totally, at least there should be warning signals, its about to happen or it happened. Even in level flight the power doesnt comes up much after ... i dont know what it is, thats why im posting here. Does the stall kill the engines or does it only shut them off?

Also the RL A-10 can fly quite tight turns, look at some footage that thing flies like a modelplane wink_o.gif ... and even in properly simulated flightsims i have to work hard to kill my machine so totally. And in ArmA i have no problem with the stall itself but i guess theres a " max. airframe speed" somewhere just like with the wgl helos, and that kills/shutoffs my engines. the thrust is totally gone. Would be nice to get a hint when powering on the hog, telling me max. airframe speed 760 or something. Or a reply confirming this.

The stall isnt my biggest problem but the engines failing. I dont care if its a bug or a feature as long as i know what not to do. And please dont tell me "dont fly tight corners"... nargh... rofl.gif

Speaking of the map HUD, I find it to be too small to be of any practical usage. If I can, I usually use ctrl+m instead of it.

blah rofl.gif , i know what stall is but, the engines die totally

You mean you don't hear the engine sound anymore? If so then I cannot reproduce it.

I have just tested, my guess is your speed dropped way below 200 and you got into something called static stall - and just fell down like a stone.

You surely know there are two kinds of stall. With static stall you need to point the nose down and wait for speed to recover.

Couple of things:

1. Do not post PM contents in public, not ever, unless you specifically have the permission of the sender to do so. The P of PM stands for Private, you should only be reading them yourself, or if they're abusive you should forward them to a moderator and we'll read them then deal with them accordingly.

2. Please stop all the petty bickering, it's really quite ridiculous, you're all here because you have a passion for ArmA and making addons/mods or playing with addons/mods, why cause and be part of so much animosity? There's no need for it and it just drags the whole thread down because one or two people are letting silly, petty stuff build up and boil over.

Enjoy the mod or don't enjoy the mod, the choice is always yours, but don't drag the mod, the thread, the forum down for other people please smile_o.gif

a suggestion for the next version : in the ACE_config_men.pbo , please don't replace the models for the miner and medic so we can use a 3rd party replacement with ACE , thanks

smile_o.gif

First off A.C.E. is fantastic! Playing with it online and very pleased.

Second.. is there a way to disable suppression on some AI-s? Because nem zombies go to crouch and stay that way and zombies dont croch tounge2.gif Or maybe its something else than suppression. Just would like to see the dead WALK again.

Btw i think you can use all units that are not showing up in the editor by making a mission w/o ACE and then in ACE you can copy-paste them.

Thanks

Btw i think you can use all units that are not showing up in the editor by making a mission w/o ACE and then in ACE you can copy-paste them.

Thanks

Once again...

Or you can use all those units in the Editor with ACE by going to the ace_clientside_config in the Dta/ACE folder and following these instructions. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]"ACE Mod" - "Class hiding"

Hide BIS classes: set "ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS" to "visible"

NOTE: it's 2x a underline ( _ ) before "hidden" or "visible"

*/

#define visible 2

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS __visible

I think this is what you're talking about.

a suggestion for the next version :  in the ACE_config_men.pbo , please don't replace the models for the miner and medic so we can use a 3rd party replacement with ACE , thanks

smile_o.gif

We need to replace them because the standard models have backpacks on them, which looks wrong with the ruck system.

They were replaced with models that don't have backpacks on them.

ACE should use the RKSL flight model. The BIS one doesn't take into account the fact that engines generate thrust.

a suggestion for the next version :  in the ACE_config_men.pbo , please don't replace the models for the miner and medic so we can use a 3rd party replacement with ACE , thanks

smile_o.gif

We need to replace them because the standard models have backpacks on them, which looks wrong with the ruck system.

They were replaced with models that don't have backpacks on them.

Ok , i understand . Them maybe an invisible rucksack could be defined to fit these two men classes , that way they could carry the stuff in a logical rucksack without the need of changing the model, and the replacements could be used. the only issue is that if you throw the rucksack , it would be still attached optically to the model, but that's a minor thing compared to the advantage of being able to use replacements, just my opinion.

Ok , i understand . Them maybe an invisible rucksack could be defined to fit these two men classes , that way they could carry the stuff in a logical rucksack without the need of changing the model, and the replacements could be used. the only issue is that if you throw the rucksack , it would be still attached optically to the model, but that's a minor thing compared to the advantage of being able to use replacements, just my opinion.

Well the replacements could always be made with a seperate "ACE version" to work with ACE. That config would just list the ACE infantry addon under requiredaddons to make them load after the ACE addon.