sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

@ Jan. 25 2009,15:57)]I was hoping to see them in the package as well, spent alot of time fine tunning them but that was over a year ago. If they have no plans on using them then I will get up with Johny and update the gear to modern standards and release a solo package. Nice to see ppl requesting them again. Might make a brief AA return for this.

Great to hear and please, do.

ACE had great potential, but is definately a disappointment so far. I was "in the loop" for several months and played beta versions of ACE before its release...But someone, somewhere along the line really dropped the ball.

Where are the SEALS, where is ACE Palms EAF, where are all the slat armor strykers Ryujin made?

The people who "dropped the ball" were the people like yourself who were "in the loop for several months" but then never finished their projects and left, only to be seen some months later criticizing the mod that has disappointed them so much... icon_rolleyes.gif

Huge "unification package" vs. variety of different addons+mods?

Both sides have their pro and con's. Think that most people would like to see better ACE configuration setup and play asap with "bug-free" ACE features/AI. wink_o.gif

We played yesterday with ACE and found out that ACE AI sometimes is better than default but sometimes even worse.

Other things:

- Human players with heavy gear cant run for miles like AI - simple test on airport.

- Many times AI medics dont heal their heavily injured teammates even if they are face-to-face.

- Backpacks are a very nice feature but if AI cant use them its more like an "extra ammo/medic cheat" for human players.

- Pilots usually speak with wso/gunner thats much faster than ACE command-target-fire procedure for AI gunner.

Maybe an "override all controls" feature is better? Think of the possibility to get controls from gunner to pilot and vice versa.

The ACE Mod is now the best all-in-one modification for US army & marines addicted/freaks.

Just counted all ACE-Powered Arma Servers (both 1.14 and 1.15beta) and its exactly 87 Servers!!!!

Unbelievable.......

@NoRailgunner:

Generally you will need some extensive play-hours to get what has been changed in ACE under the Hood. Its obviously not mainly the Addons which makes ACE a awesome Mod, but rather all those tweaks, changes and added features!

Quote[/b] ]- Human players with heavy gear cant run for miles like AI - simple test on airport.

Was suggested long ago but as far as i remember dropped because of possible to much impact on Performance... imagine to add script to every single AI on the battlefield.... while this could work for small AI-powered missions, as soon as you place larger amounts the server would go to its knees IMHO.

Quote[/b] ]- Many times AI medics dont heal their heavily injured teammates even if they are face-to-face.

Comrade Heal is AFAIK done by FSM. FSMs have the habit to get a lower priority than scripts, so mot likely AI was just "in something else" or "doing something else" - i might be wrong though.

Quote[/b] ]- Backpacks are a very nice feature but if AI cant use them its more like an "extra ammo/medic cheat" for human players.

Was suggested and should be even easier to add since there are currently some bigger changes in Ruck-System happening. Maybe Q1184 can shed some light into this, or simply read in ACE-Mod Forums in the Project tools section.

Quote[/b] ]- Pilots usually speak with wso/gunner thats much faster than ACE command-target-fire procedure for AI gunner.

Maybe an "override all controls" feature is better? Think of the possibility to get controls from gunner to pilot and vice versa.

Read here please:

http://www.acemod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106

Noticed online when you jump into a vehicle really tired - you never recover when you get out of it. At least the BH i was flying with. I was blacking out for an hour. That was before i exited and logged back in.

72 @ Jan. 26 2009,16:48)]Noticed online when you jump into a vehicle really tired - you never recover when you get out of it. At least the BH i was flying with. I was blacking out for an hour. That was before i exited and logged back in.

I have opened a ticket about it in the ACE Forums, so the Devs can better overview it.

ACE had great potential, but is definately a disappointment so far. I was "in the loop" for several months and played beta versions of ACE before its release...But someone, somewhere along the line really dropped the ball.

Where are the SEALS, where is ACE Palms EAF, where are all the slat armor strykers Ryujin made?

The people who "dropped the ball" were the people like yourself who were "in the loop for several months" but then never finished their projects and left, only to be seen some months later criticizing the mod that has disappointed them so much...  icon_rolleyes.gif

You obviously didn't even know what was going on with your own mod then. I didn't have any projects. All I did, as a military consultant, was post information in an attempt to help you guys get it right.

I had no choice but to step away for a while due to having surgery on my neck for a medical problem I earned overseas serving my country in real life, not in virtual reality.

Should I apologize for being a disabled veteran who can't spend 40 hours a week in front of the pc?

What about an option for mission makers to enable/disable stamina for AI?

Hey comrade mr.g-c first we applied as many bandages we had after that parked a M113 Ambulance near him than called two AI medics - nothing happen even if switched them all to aware and safe. Maybe the default and capricious ArmA AI took over ACE AI? wow_o.gif

Ok for air-to-ground combat AI stays close to useless. Lets if BIS is improving pilot+gunner AI in Arma2....

Hi comrade, i was not specific enough, sorry!

What i mean with "AI heal" is that AI applies bandages to others if they are still bleeding.

When you say you already applied bandages on your own, then the AI does not do this as you already stopped the bleeding.

However the "magical heal" i mean the reducing of "damage", can a AI Medic only do if the Squadleader gives him the order to do so (in vanilla Arma aswell as ACE powered).

So mostly squadleaders say like "2, support at that Misslesoldier at 5 o'clock", then the medic replies "supporting"......

Monty, this mod has 70 forum pages of people praising it,

the beta has several groundbreaking features, and much more.

And you are calling it a failure because a few addons isn't included yet?

I have no business in ACE dev, but surely you can see how unreasonable you seem.

Teamleader command (like in vanilla ArmA) heavily injured and still bleeding AI "got to medic" - neither this injured AI took action nor medics did. Teamleader forced those medic AIs to go around and close to this guy - nothing happen only "Im injured".

Btw there was no more blood on this guy but "examine" show lines with "heavily injured and bleeding".

Waiting for improved medic/healing feature smile_o.gif

Monty, this mod has 70 forum pages of people praising it,

the beta has several groundbreaking features, and much more.

And you are calling it a failure because a few addons isn't included yet?

I have no business in ACE dev, but surely you can see how unreasonable you seem.

I never called it a failure.

I've just now started using ACE over the past couple of days. Here are a few things. I can stand five feet away from an enemy and it takes at least 4 shots from an M4 to kill him. The latest version of the UH-60 is the M model. I posted all of that information in your forums a very long time ago. I assumed you would want to stay up with the latest and greatest. These aircraft are in service and are in combat already. The latest version of the CH-47 is the F model. It's also already deployed. Nothing personal, but your chinooks look worse than the ones that came with OFP.

ACE had great potential, but is definately a disappointment so far.

That hits the mark in my dictionary. But never mind, I have better things to do.

Should I apologize for being a disabled veteran who can't spend 40 hours a week in front of the pc?

Point is, a bunch of people just like you disappeared from the mod and didn't finish their projects - and several of these people have resurfaced to publicly complained about it.

For your service to your country, America owes you a debt of gratitude.

ACE, however, dosn't owe you anything. Maybe your expectations were too unrealistic if you're truly disappointed.

Either way, I'm sure you know the old adage "If you don't like it, don't play it..."

I've just now started using ACE over the past couple of days. Here are a few things. I can stand five feet away from an enemy and it takes at least 4 shots from an M4 to kill him. The latest version of the UH-60 is the M model. I posted all of that information in your forums a very long time ago. I assumed you would want to stay up with the latest and greatest. These aircraft are in service and are in combat already. The latest version of the CH-47 is the F model. It's also already deployed. Nothing personal, but your chinooks look worse than the ones that came with OFP.

It is completely at developers' and mod makers' discretion what to release, when to release and to what extent.

Play with what is available today and help them out to bring the rest into the game by giving constructive feedback rather than complaining in a dissatisfied tone.

Hopefully, many see the great improvements, ACE brings, on gameplay that lie behind so-called missing eye-candy.

Seals would be nice indeed, but ACE Palms can't be delivered when its maker is either not reachable or not active anymore - thought about that?

If you have made a reasonable effort to get permission(s) then there is no reason that material can't be used.

The fact remains that NO third party content creator for any BIS game can legally sell what they create so copyright is a non-issue.

That does not mean that BIS cannot ask that all content creators respect each others creations and make a reasonable effort to ask for and receive permissions, but again, the key word is reasonable.

I'm so sorry for posting my opinion on ACE. I thought these forums were for feedback and discussion. I thought everyone was entitled to their opinion. I didn't "talk shit" or "flame" or anything like that. I didn't know I would get crucified for posting my honest opinion.

I'm so sorry for posting my opinion on ACE. I thought these forums were for feedback and discussion. I thought everyone was entitled to their opinion. I didn't "talk shit" or "flame" or anything like that. I didn't know I would get crucified for posting my honest opinion.

That's pretty light for a "crucifixion" as you call it.

I guess we've established that you don't like ACE, right? Perhaps, having established that, you can take leave of this thread, since it seems you've said what you felt like saying and don't have anything constructive to add after that?

That'd be swell.  wink_o.gif

That's pretty light for a "crucifixion" as you call it.

I guess we've established that you don't like ACE, right? Perhaps, having established that, you can take leave of this thread, since it seems you've said what you felt like saying and don't have anything constructive to add after that?

That'd be swell.  wink_o.gif

I never said I don't like ACE. That's how you took it. That's how you take it anytime anyone disagrees with you in any thread about anything. That's just the Dslyecxi way of doing things.

My statement was that the beta versions I played of ACE months ago seemed much more promising then what got released. If that hurts your feelings I'm sorry, but everyone has the right to post their opinion without a bombardment of PMs and lashings by you and others.

To me a missing unit is one of the easiest things to fix later on. The basic functionality is the hardest one to built so that it does not leak from the seams.

AI offering medical aid without constant player influence is a BIG leap forward as is the new vehicle damage system. Thanks for those ACE team smile_o.gif

Suddenly reading this thread feels sad.

I guess every mod and every modding team is a source of many dissapointments and sorrows.

Quote[/b] ]I never said I don't like ACE.

Oh, come on. Now you're playing word games. You said exactly that, you said ACE was a disappointment, you rated it very poorly, etc. How is that "not liking ACE"? At least stand by what you've written. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]That's how you take it anytime anyone disagrees with you in any thread about anything. That's just the Dslyecxi way of doing things.

icon_rolleyes.gif

People disagreeing is fine. However, if you disagree for what I see to be irrational reasons ("ACE sucks because it does not have these five units"), you can expect that I'll disagree right back at you. Nice double-standard, though!

Quote[/b] ]My statement was that the beta versions I played of ACE months ago seemed much more promising then what got released. If that hurts your feelings I'm sorry, but everyone has the right to post their opinion without a bombardment of PMs and lashings by you and others.

It doesn't hurt my feelings in the least. I love ACE, my group loves ACE, and you can see from this massive thread that the vast majority of the community loves ACE. You not liking it doesn't hurt my feelings at all. You must think very highly of your opinion if you truly believe that your dislike of ACE is going to down me or anyone else. rofl.gif

Just remember that opinions are not usually direct attacks against someone.

Unless it is about politics tounge2.gif

I never said I don't like ACE.

Quote[/b] ]"ACE sucks because it does not have these five units"

I never said that.

Quote[/b] ]You must think very highly of your opinion if you truly believe that your dislike of ACE is going to down me or anyone else.

Then why are you throwing such a fit about my opinion and send me all these PMs?

Then why are you throwing such a fit about my opinion and send me all these PMs?

Why are you so eager to misrepresent what I've done? I PM'd you to ask why you thought such minor cosmetic changes caused ACE to be a failure in your eyes, and I chose to use a PM because I knew (as has been shown here) that arguing with you in public would get us nowhere. You see that as "throwing a fit", and it's baffling. My other main point in the PM was that ACE is a mod done by people in their spare time, and that you were being rather rude and in my eyes, unreasonable in how you posted your complaints.

You'll note here that I won't even go into what you said in reply to that PM. I'll respect that it happened in PM, and not bring that into the discussion. However, I would appreciate it if you would stop misrepresenting what you've said, and what has happened, and try to spin it into some nefarious light. It's unbecoming of you.

You don't like it. Well, you say you do, but you said before you don't... oh, whatever. I don't care anymore. Can we drop this now, or do you insist on continuing?