sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I can't see the two T90 tanks I've placed over 170m but with weapons Sight they pop-up .The other tanks are ok.Is it just me or a bug?

Knight Trane,

Your question was addressed in the 6th BC thread already. No, as far as people familiar with both DAC & ACE, there shouldn't be any conflict. I doubt the BC crew would've made DAC missions for ACE if there was a conflict between the AI.

I've used DAC extensively with ACE and haven't seen a single problem thus far.

enjoyed the mount gun on surface - it really is a revolution! but it kept getting unstuck when i tried to turn around to aim at enemy. I'd recommend keeping it on surface until space+shift is pushed again. sort of like a toggle.

Great update on ACE guys!

Played with the mount gun stuff for a while now and I have to disagree with twisted, I'd rather get unstuck to shoot at enemies on my rear imidiatly and having to press keys to get mounted again then the other way around. As it would cost precious time to press the button to unstuck and aim out of the angle you can mount on.

It is a great feature and I love how it's done! Surely a ArmA II must-have feature!

Hi guys, tried the autoupdate option - it got to 100% complete but then sat there forever.

Just downloading the update.exe now manually.

Great work though - it's brought ArmA back to life and thanks for all your time and hard work.

Ace-Team: You guys are too modest, this mod is fantastic!

I was so accustomed to play with a menagerie of mods yet I finally played this mod as stand-alone and realized some other mods actually took away the many outstanding features of this mod. I've always been an SP player but I might have to leave my hermit hole and try this puppy on-line  tounge2.gif

Still dont know how to change weapons in Ah1z...

The one with all the goodies.

Somehow the AI wont change when i press the key i have

tied to that operation. F...OR Mousebutton #2..

2 questions.

Is there a way in a future patch to make the ai gunner change from gun to missile against armor?

Is it just me or the new patch made ace uncompatible with other mods? The 1.00 was able to cooperate with gl3, ecs, since 1.01 if i load any other mod, ace doesnt start. I tried it with the new xeh(installed with the patch) fired only.

BRILLIANT mod! Seriously. I do have one question however ...

Is it just me (and my installation) or are vehicles that I am in, NOT attacking the enemy automatically? For instance I can enter a T90 or a BRDM and the AI in my team will NOT engage. In the T90 I have to manually assign targets to the AI.

Is this a 'feature'?

[TAO] Kremator

Great idea with the deployable weapons!

The cobra works great with TOW+HF (you can aim at and destroy houses now with both weapon systhems) but I can not get the appaches HF to work like with the cobra.

Hope you implement a MEDEVAC (where you can load bodys in vehicles) feature soon.

Great work!

Fk Andersson Press Space and F if your a pilot smile_o.gif

@ Ace Team. pls tune done the sound of the AH-64 heli. its way to load. it sounds like its right up my ass when i am 1km away from it. really anoying.

A new first...

I've been stacking up on medical supplies and have started running under fire to check out fallen ai squad members and pull them to safety, I have never done that in a game before. Today I ran "half way across Afghanistan" for my convoy to get hold of epinephrine to take care of my RO who got hit during our pullout.

Ps. he's OK.

Just a quick Q though...has the walking/aiming been "nerfed" a bit, it does not feel excessive but more than before.

BRILLIANT mod!  Seriously.  I do have one question however ...

Is it just me (and my installation) or are vehicles that I am in, NOT attacking the enemy automatically?  For instance I can enter a T90 or a BRDM and the AI in my team will NOT engage.  In the T90 I have to manually assign targets to the AI.

Is this a 'feature'?

[TAO] Kremator

Same thing happened to me I was driving a stryker and I waited like 20 seconds for my gunner to mow down an enemy squad right in front of us but he didn't fire a shot. By the time I tried to take the gunner spot so I could shoot myself, a few RPGs made sure I was gonna respawn soon.

I got the same problem when i tried the helis.. the AI Gunner does not seam to engage the enemy vehciles if they have turned ther engine off..

it dosent matter if you 1km or 1m away from it.. assigning targets does not seam to help if engine is turned off.. can anyone confirm this?

Nuxil,

I can confirm this.

I just tried the EricM Hind D and the ACE AH-64 fully loaded against an ACE T72A, T90, and BMP-2 with the fuel and ammo set to zero. My AI gunner would not engage on his own either. Then even when I ordered him to attack each vehicle he would only engage with the gun. No rockets or missiles were fired.

I wonder if it has to do with the "Ace_sys_air was deleted" error I get with v1.01 when I try to load the missions I was playing with v1.00. I'm kinda sad I need to start these missions over, or revert back to v1.00. It took me weeks of playing with the little time I have to get were I was.  sad_o.gif

Forums down?

Yep, forums are currently down. I'm unaware of the reason though.

And as for the TOW and HF working like a charm with the Cobra, it's the only helicopter currently using the ACE Fire Control System.

I still have no clue what those Smoke/Illum choppers are supposed to be good for. Are these support functions fully implemented yet? I had some groundtroop support functions from helis back when I tried some mapfact (I think) addon.

An answer would be great smile_o.gif

Fk Andersson Press Space and F if your a pilot smile_o.gif

@ Ace Team. pls tune done the sound of the AH-64 heli. its way to load. it sounds like its right up my ass when i am 1km away from it. really anoying.

Nope...Stupid AI switch back FFAR.

And my stick is useles now...

Who decided to mess with key bindings??

NOT a good idea.

PS: Tried Manual fire..Same thing, Space+F doesent change

weapons. It tries but it is switched back.

Quote[/b] ]Is there any conflicts in behavior between ACE AI and DAC AI
There shouldn't be. We use ACE every single day with DAC (Through Battle Center) over at 6thSense.

The AI should be a bit extended with suppressive fire, and the reaction to it, but nothing more.

Also our enhanced AI Settings (no scripts/features) should cause the AI to be more responsive and spot you from larger distances.

Quote[/b] ]Is it just me or the new patch made ace uncompatible with other mods? The 1.00 was able to cooperate with gl3, ecs, since 1.01 if i load any other mod, ace doesnt start. I tried it with the new xeh(installed with the patch) fired only.
We strive for good compatibility with Community Standards. I use ACE with a lot of stuff and have no such compatibility issues.

Do you mean the game starts, but the ace features don't work? Sounds like you're using an addon which is not XEH compatible and overrules all others.

Why this would change between patches, is a bit of a mystery smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I wonder if it has to do with the "Ace_sys_air was deleted" error I get with v1.01 when I try to load the missions I was playing with v1.00. I'm kinda sad I need to start these missions over, or revert back to v1.00. It took me weeks of playing with the little time I have to get were I was.
Make a backup of your save game, edit your save game and remove ace_sys_air from the required / loaded Addons list.

We will look into why AI Vehicles don't engage. You could help us by moving the ace_config_core_ai_**** addons away to a backup folder outside ArmA, and see if this changes the behaviour.

But please create a Ticket for this in our Tracker.

The AI in SF Hummers still can`t use the mounted guns.

Now it`s worse than before, because the game lags like hell when driving those vehicles. confused_o.gif

Edit:

ArmA lags like hell with A.C.E. 1.01 when i place only one soldier on Rahmdi.

Thats not normal. I tested the same without A.C.E and the problem is gone.

A.C.E. 1.01 is unplayable because of the lag i get, before i updated it there was no problem performance wise. huh.gif

So long guys, i´m out of here. goodnight.gif

We have no such ticket in our Project Tools.

I think it's clear by now how we work and that we will deliver the proper support and care for problems and suggestions posted in our Ticket Tracker.

A suggestion:

Give the Bradley commander control of the TOW misiles. As far as i know, IRL the commander controls the TOW.

I have to agree that the sway is a bit too much now, both on up and especially when knee aiming. Impossible to hit anything *unless* you rest the weapon. Also, resting weapon is a bit too magical now. Unless being forced that way by being limited to the current stance effects, I suggest tone it down. Or, lower the sway for knee stance and make weapon rest use this sway.

I'm all for having a bonus while resting the weapon, but it shouldn't be the only way, nor should it be too good. A sniper class unit should have additional bonus while using a sniper rifle. A designated marksman also using DMR weapons, but to less extent. Not sure what the ArmA and ACE limitations are here.

About the AI, I like how they spot us from far away, but I hate how they open fire from that distance. Maybe it's a mission fault by not setting them to Engage but Hold Fire. I will try this myself. Also, they shouldn't be able to spot you from far away if they are in safe mode. Again, not tested with the editor yet.

If human player have invisible targets over their heads, consider not adding/moving them until he has been detected. Not sure how this works internally, but I earlier used to remove the invisible target when some time had passed, and placing them based on knowsAbout. Distance to enemy should also factor in if targets are used, I get the feeling I'm being supressed from way too far away.

Point being; let AI engage/flank us but on hold fire until feeling threatened or when we open fire. We should also be able to remain undetected, which currently seems very hard.

There is no such AI Scripts running in Vanilla ACE.

We do have the suppression system, ported from Rommel, but this only uses known target positions to try and surpress the enemy. KnowsAbout, invisible targets, etc is IMO left for the OFP ERA smile_o.gif

The Skill settings on AI in Mission Editor (or scripts), and the Skill + Precision Settings in your ArmA Profile (Difficulty Settings) are the key to tune the AI to your loving.

In case of MP, the Server settings will decide this.

We use these settings for AI over at 6thSense and are pretty happy with it.

skillFriendly=0.750000;

skillEnemy=0.750000;

precisionFriendly=0.750000;

precisionEnemy=0.750000;

Further more we use DAC with a random skill setting of between 0.5 and 0.9.