sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

The wiki talks about some tutorial missions for ACE features. do these exist?

I also wonder what usage the additional medic-kit has(not the bandages, ephi and morphine, but others such as plasma bag etc.) has on the battlefield of Arma.

@ Jan. 14 2009,02:47)]It fires the shot, but there is no impact from the grenade.

Hope this is of help, if not just slap me.

Does it work at long range? ACE codes the nades to not explode at short range shots.

Hope your work with a system for vehicle evacuation of dead and woundet is making progress.

I finnaly had a chance to play with the mod and it looks verry promising.

I also wonder what usage the additional medic-kit has(not the bandages, ephi and morphine, but others such as plasma bag etc.) has on the battlefield of Arma.

Not yet enabled.

Wounding system is afaik still WIP.

Quote[/b] ]The wiki talks about some tutorial missions for ACE features. do these exist?

No ones that im aware of.... check when that was added in the wiki, maybe its very outdated and simply hasn't been achieved yet.

Quote[/b] ]Quote ([Chris] @ Jan. 14 2009,02:47)

It fires the shot, but there is no impact from the grenade.

Hope this is of help, if not just slap me.

Does it work at long range? ACE codes the nades to not explode at short range shots.

In case of the VOG-25 and VOG-25P one, be aware that they self-destruct after 14 seconds like in RL.

I remember a nice "fun" Deathmatch in LAN where i shot at my brothers UAZ from like 5m with VOG-25... the thing didn't detonate and he thought he is safe..... however after 14 seconds it made "boom" and his car was wrecked+him bleeding..... very funny...

Finally, an addon to make the game the way bis should of made it...Excellent work guys, please keep up the hard work its greatly appreciated!  thumbs-up.gif

on another note, Sickboy, please check your PM's mate..there maybe an offer you can't refuse in your inbox.. biggrin_o.gif

SBP Team is extremely satisfied with ACE 1.00beta and will use it in all upcoming squadnights. We also converted our Slovenian soldiers & SLO/YU Weapons addons to be totally compatible with this mod. Everything works like a charm. We're organizing ArmA events since November 23rd 2006 and ACE is now like what we expected from ArmA 1.0czech to be back in 2006 wink_o.gif

Greetz to all milsim lovers around the world. And thanks for all the hard work to all included in amazing ACE project.

Finally, an addon to make the game the way bis should of made it...Excellent work guys, please keep up the hard work its greatly appreciated!  thumbs-up.gif

Absolutely! yay.gif

We can't praise the ACE-MOD developers often enough for what they achieved! They really deserve it!

During Alpha Tests one of my Brothers even said to me, that he would have rather given the ACE-Team 50% of the Price Arma1 has cost and 50% to BIS, for that awesome work the ACE-Mod guys did.

Im wondering about the CQB sights on the weapons. It seems sometimes after i have thrown a grenade it will change to CQB and i cant change it back. I dont know what button change it in the first place to be honest, but i tried all buttons and i cant seem to change back to the scope.

Another issue i will take up at opteryx island thread as well is that when i start with his maps (afghan/avgani) - all the ACE units have long really weird faces. If i start with for example the desert map and then go to opetryx maps its all ok. You might already know this, just thaught i let you know.

Regards

Alex

Alex:

You change from CQB-optics with shift+f. You can also change trow-modes for hand grenade by pressing shift+h while having the grenade selected.

Melted faces bug:

it is linked to ACE.

Next time try relaunching the game in-local mode and do not use world=empty

This fixes it for a number of ppl...

good luck..

Got the same bug with the UKF UGL. The grenades don't explode instantly at any distance. Think they explode harmlessly with no effect after a long time.

Yeah, the UGL rounds don't explode at any range. It's firing the M433 HEDP rounds, but they don't explode no matter what the range. I thought maybe it was just a distance thing as per real life, but even at a range of 300 odd metres they won't detonate.

It would be a cool feature if they didn't explode at short ranges though!

Thanks a lot Sparks! wink_o.gif

I do use "world=empty" to speed up the start of ArmA. Will delete it. And i missed the shift+F/H. Should have known that... Shame on me.

Another question that possible have been answered to death and i apologize for this in that case, but there is a script to get out the classnames of the things you put in a mission. Does this include all gear like backpacks too? I really need all classnames for all weps, meds and the rest to create ready units in a mission, and i never found a complete classname list over all weps & gear. But if that script works all is good. smile_o.gif

Best regards and huge thanks

Alex

Just a note, was playing a COOP on Afghan village went down and needed medical attention. Was given and once I was up I had the good old headbug. Couldn't get rid of it, couldn't reload, couldn't use medical supply's, couldn't get in the Humvee to evac. Not sure if it was just a problem with some addons we were using or what.

Just out of curiosity, how compatible is ACE with other units?

If say, <X> army units uses <X> custom weapons and those weapons use custom ammunition and magazines, will ACE still be compatible?

I'm guessing ACE ballistics only cover default ammunition or that included in ACE right?

Just out of curiosity, how compatible is ACE with other units?

If say, <X> army units uses <X> custom weapons and those weapons use custom ammunition and magazines, will ACE still be compatible?

I'm guessing ACE ballistics only cover default ammunition or that included in ACE right?

If you are using for instance Stalker's British troops and the UKF Weapons (OFP ported), there would be no problem as long as you had the required ammo down for the UKF weapons (standard BIS magazines). If you have custom weapons, as long as the ammunition designed for those weapons is in the ammo crate, there will be no change to those addons.

You are correct, ACE ballistics covers the default ammunition and the stuff included with ACE. You are not able to use ACE ammunition in separate addons that use standard BIS ammunition.

I hope that makes sense!

I found the classnames. For anyone else that has been lazy like me and not read everything. You find all the classnames in the "REFERENCE" folder inside the ACE mod folders. It is a spread sheat file (EXCEL) so get the Excel Viewer 2003 if you dont have the full EXCEL prog installed.

Super neat with the classnames, just gotta say that. Super work through and through with this mod. Hasnt stop amazed me yet. wink_o.gif

Regards

Alex

Hi all,

First of all thank you for this really amazing mod!

I'd like to ask if anyone know how it would be possible to make the A.I. Medic to come to the player's help in case he's dieing on the ground. I really like the wound system implemented in ACE, but many times I die on the ground without the medic in my squad coming to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if A.C.E is compatible with SPON Map and/or SPON Recognise ?

Im using the following mods with ACE. I do have a problem with IA being lame in SP and don't like the sounds. Can I use CSM with this?? Also I wanted to add skill to the IA by adding GL3 and TrueGameplayMods.

TrueGameplayMods;@LoBoMod;@GL3;@TrueGameplayMods;@Avgani;@ACE;@;@ECS:@CSM

I may be wrong here but I believe disabling the ACE sounds is mentioned somewhere in this thread. I can't remember for sure though, I just use the ace sounds. There's a way to disbale the ACE sounds in the Dta/ACE folder. Try a "print this topic" search in this thread and you should be able to find some info.

Regarding TrueGameplayMods and GL3, I'm not sure. I believe GL3 should work alright if you use the EEH config that SNKMAN included. I haven't been able to test it out with ACE in my missions yet due to GL3's conflict with RKSL Cargo System but since a fix has been released I can give it a go when time permits.

TrueGameplayMods is something I'm curious about as well. I haven't tried it yet. I did ask rg7621 in his thread but no response yet. I've seen others ask about this as well but I don't remember a concrete answer being given. There may be one somewhere in this thread though, I just haven't looked in a few days.

LoboMod probably will have some conflicts due to a lack of XEH compatibility but I can't confirm this since I haven't used LoBo stuff in a while. It's just a hunch. I did see namman2 posted an ACE compatibility though, I just haven't tried it yet. Check the LoBo thread for it. It was just released a few days ago.

If you look at the original TrueGamePlay thread, rg7621, the author suggest to NOT use TrueGamePlay with ACE as ACE does most if not all of what TrueGamePlay does. It was unclear what features exactly that ACE does and I have asked for clarification from rg7621 in that thread but no response as of yet.

If nothing else I would like to use the TrueGamePlay-AI with ACE and nothing else. Even though I have seen the ACE AI behave much better than vanilla ArmA and similar to TrueGamePlay.

Im using the following mods with ACE. I do have a problem with IA being lame in SP and don't like the sounds. Can I use CSM with this?? Also I wanted to add skill to the IA by adding GL3 and TrueGameplayMods.

TrueGameplayMods;@LoBoMod;@GL3;@TrueGameplayMods;@Avgani;@ACE;@;@ECS:@CSM

HOW TO ENABLE YOUR OWN SOUND MOD WITH ACE

Click HERE for instructions

Note to the ACE team, this is quite a common request - maybe a link to the FAQ in the first post? smile_o.gif

Thank you all for your responses..

I do feel that SLX is a lot better for house searching and fighting. In ACE AI enemies wont search a house but fire on it from afar. I use to play FFUR SLX by Thunderbird84 and enemies would seek cover in buildings and take building positions.

I don't know if it was ACE of 1.15 beta, but i recall being bunkered up top of one of the ruined buildings in corazol and an ai killed me after running up the stairs while i was fireing out of window.

Besides that i think the best approach to searching buildings is that groups send one unit max inside the building, else you can just get in a building, fire out window a bit and lay down aiming for the door to kill every ai that tries to come inside.