sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

In my experience it seems like sometimes you get the visual cue that you're tiring out before you get the audio cues. I think it should be more like breathing, then heartbeat, then heavy breathing, then being forced to lay down, then blinking. I'm not so sure about the whole 'can't do anything anymore but wiggle around' phase. I don't think you'd ever be so tired as to not be able to pull a trigger when you're being shot it. Now, not being able to aim properly maybe, but never not able to pull the trigger. That's just my opinion.

Also I'm finding that the accuracy penalty for being tired seems to last much longer than you can hear your own breathing, and instead of tapering off seems to go away all at once.

I also seem to be finding that when you're coming out of being tired that your aim seems to get 'stuck' grouping very tightly off to one side or the other. When I open and close the optics view it seems to remedy itself. I'm not sure if I'm experiencing the way you guys are handling dispersion or if it's actually getting stuck.

I've been using the m14s and m21s mostly when I experience this. I'm not sure about other weapons.

It's a gameplay element, and it accomplishes an important task in the mod. It could be tweaked, and it would likewise be swell if there were other options available to the team to make the end state better (ie: force slow walking after becoming exhausted), but as far as I know there are currently limitations on what is and is not possible, and everyone has to work within those confines. That some people are becoming twisted around the axle with respects to "blackout" is a result of them railing against the black-and-white "realism" of it while ignoring the reality inherent in modding for ArmA vs creating a new game from the ground up, without any arbitrary or undesirable limitations.

Thanks

Now I know it's a limitation in ArmA. Now I know ACE have taken a decision on how to present the stamina effect.

Works for me.

I just wanted to say what I thought, but ACE have (as usual) thought of it.

Keep up the good work an I hope we can see a final release some day.

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way of getting bodies into vehicles when you are dragging/have dragged them. IMO that is a vital part missing if not.

No, not yet i would say.... but the Person above your post suggested that already ~6 months back, so there is a ticket for it in the Project Tools and so you can be assured it was and will be addressed in future. tounge2.gif

multiplay has taken off for me with ACE. even in the first days of arma and even OFP has multiplay/singleplayer/map making never been so enjoyable. and a download that's less than 700GB - that's pretty reasonable if a little small for my taste.

fantastic mod. sure it needs tweaks but really this is something else! and the devs care so much about it that it's refreshing.

love the limitations (weight/stamina/damage/etc) as much as the other features. it forces tactical thinking and teamwork. just what i am looking for...

the coming tweaks should be great.

I echo the hope that other great mods can be made 'compatible' with ACE so combining them makes arma the modular/integrated combat system it could be.

multiplay has taken off for me with ACE. even in the first days of arma and even OFP has multiplay/singleplayer/map making never been so enjoyable. and a download that's less than 700GB - that's pretty reasonable if a little small for my taste.

fantastic mod. sure it needs tweaks but really this is something else! and the devs care so much about it that it's refreshing.

love the limitations (weight/stamina/damage/etc) as much as the other features. it forces tactical thinking and teamwork. just what i am looking for...

I echo the hope that other great mods can be made 'compatible' with ACE so combining them makes arma the modular/integrated combat system it could be.

Cheers mate, im glad we were able to achieve this with the Beta!

Other mod & mission compatibilities:

[*] Should use the well spread and used "XEH" Extended EventHandlers systems. (Many use vanilla eventhandlers which breaks their addon with everyone elses biggrin_o.gif)

[*] Should use the S_Hole XDEH (Extended Display EventHandlers)

[*] Should not relink/break the ArmA default class inheritance tree (many Islands, but especially Sound Mods, do)

So basically we don't have to be compatible to others, and others don't have to be compatible to us;

All of us should simply be compatible with XEH+XDEH+Non Broken Override Configs, and we will simply be all compatible with eachother biggrin_o.gif

The only issue of course is when there are 2 same kind features in 2 seperate mods. You will have to make a choice by disabling or removing one smile_o.gif

Maybe we should maintain a list of Addons that are XEH/XDEH compatible and thus also compatible with us?

Incl overlapping features etc. But I believe this is a job for the Community  thumbs-up.gif

Forgot to mention 1 issue:

A.C.E. Mod has a custom onPlayerConnected and onPlayerDisconnected framework. It is not generally accepted as of yet. We will work on this in the future, but mods/missions with their own onPlayerConnected stuff will break A.C.E. Mod.

[*] Should use the well spread and used "XEH" Extended EventHandlers systems. (Many use vanilla eventhandlers which breaks their addon with everyone elses biggrin_o.gif)

[*] Should not relink/break the ArmA default class inheritance tree (many Islands, but especially Sound Mods, do)

So basically we don't have to be compatible to others, and others don't have to be compatible to us;

All of us should simply be compatible with XEH+XDEH+Non Broken Override Configs, and we will simply be all compatible with eachother biggrin_o.gif

The only issue of course is when there are 2 same kind features in 2 seperate mods. You will have to make a choice by disabling or removing one smile_o.gif

Maybe we should maintain a list of Addons that are XEH/XDEH compatible and thus also compatible with us?

Incl overlapping features etc. But I believe this is a job for the Community  thumbs-up.gif

All the aircraft I have converted from Ofp are XEH but what is XDH and where can I read up on it becuase I've not heard of this before.

Compatible aicraft at the moment are:

F-35

F-111

Su-27

Mig-29

Mirage 2000

F-14

Eurofighter

Su-47

Southy

Do you know some islands which breaks ACE and can you name them?

can you please move on to a different subject?

1. the file size (note that installer is 633MB and not 2 gig) for todays standards is nothing...

2. there is a updater available in your tools, so you can easily update your version (when that becomes available).

3. having a whole pack together means it is easier to maintain and handle by both clients and server admins. I still wonder, since everyone has been wanting a more friendly interface of arma (not the UI itself, but how easy you can manage your game, addons, server etc), not you want modules, that would make this "unification" obsolete.....

4. wanting more addons compatible is one thing, being able to add your preferred models etc to the game you play, but to ask for less when more is provided, just because of size feels looney at least. I always thought that more is better, especially since this more is quality and not just quantity.

5. this is still a beta, and for what i know, it will be a a wip even after final version is released. so stuff like disposable system for AT, etc will be implemented. If those were released in a non-working stage, ppl would be complaining more than if it is not released.

In the end please have patience, this mod is free, it is done as a hobby if you like, in the spare time that some ppl have between a job and/or uni, a wife/GF kids etc.

Amen! I'm so happy an ACE dev sees the issue with a 'modul ACE'.

We are all on the same page finaly with ACE, which is why we have the playerbase of ArmA and server population on the rise.

If you made ACE modular, it would send everyone on different pages, the playerbase would shrink, and servers would be empty once again.

And to that statement about how its free; this is actualy somthing I WOULD pay for! (meaning this is what I wish games were like today)

All the aircraft I have converted from Ofp are XEH but what is XDH and where can I read up on it becuase I've not heard of this before.

Compatible aicraft at the moment are:

F-35

F-111

Su-27

Mig-29

Mirage 2000

F-14

Eurofighter

Su-47

Southy

The KA-52 is also completely compatible, and is great to use in ACE. Unfortunately, the Mi-24's aren't set up for XEH. sad_o.gif

Loving ACE. Keep up the great work, fellas. Can't wait to see where you go from here.

ps: sure would love to see a Preditor in there with an interface like the HuntIR...orbiting a target area

Thanks for making this fantastic mod !

I am exploring ACE for the last few days and i am very happy with the shear amount of content given by the ACE team.

Some verhicles that i expected in the Vanilla game, or at least in the expansion are now finaly at my disposal in a nice way.

Thanks ACE team.

Little bug i noticed.

With the fatige system, when in "kneeling" mode (default X button), my avatars haed leans forward very quick, as beeing tired allready.

When i go back to (C button) standard jog this goes away.

I personaly find that the effects of the fatige take slightly to long to go away again and i have no clear indicator when.

The fatige system kicks in a little to soon to i think.

I got blackouts after 100 meters sprint with standard load out.

US marine AT gunner.

US rpg launcher and 3 rounds

Standard US infantery gun with 6 mags

Pistol with 6 mags (not sure?)

I think if i personaly would run that load in real life i would get black outs to wink_o.gif but i expect a little more from my soldier.

As a fanatic infantery ground pounder i find myself wresteling with the fatige system a little to much.

Could be ajusted a little in my opinion.

I played quite some hours as a commander on ACE servers playing warfare, WACO 1.15d (or something) and the new ACE warfare BE mission on the hotshots server.

The ai teams get stuck after a while and after more than an hour you are lucky if some are still moving.

I tried everything, respawning, move commands etc, nothing helps afer a while.

Its all Beta i know, just thought i mention it in case it might help.

Thanks and respect

The fatige system kicks in a little to soon to i think.

I got blackouts after 100 meters sprint with standard load out.

US marine AT gunner.

US rpg launcher and 3 rounds

Standard US infantery gun with 6  mags

Pistol with 6 mags (not sure?)

I think if i personaly would run that load in real life i would get black outs to wink_o.gif  but i expect a little more from my soldier.

How far would you like to run when you're fully-laden like a mule? You've got a rifle, a pistol, the ammo for both, an AT4, and 3 rounds for it... and you tried to run the length of an American football field?

Would you feel better if you could get an extra meter or two out of it? That's about all I think you could ever expect any soldier to do. The AT4 weighs in at 6.7 kg, and the rockets are about 2kg each, so double the AT4 weight to carry three rockets. So now you're carrying ~13 kg of AT gear, in addition to your rifle and pistol and ammo.... YEAH RIGHT you're going to run more than 100m... lol

cant use it in MP...

tried to join a mission with JIP and after choosing soldier and all that and pressing ok i got to the "receiving data" message.. it then stopped at about 60% and then where stuck there for 27 minutes before i gave up..

i could see what all players wrote in global and side modes but i couldnt communicate with them as i wasnt in the mission yet.

we then tried to start a new mission wich worked fine, until ingame where i couldnt change weapons from the weapons crate and after a while i asked the others to just shoot me... it took about 5 minutes after the first shot (to the head) before i died..

during that time they shot at me with M16, HK416, M249, M2 and also threw grenades at me.. the soldier reacted to the grenades but didnt die...

after respawn i shot one of my fellows to the head and it also took about 4-5 minutes before he died from my shot...

after that i tried to join a mission through JIP again and same thing.. only now i gave up after about 10 minutes....

so, with ACE, ArmA 1.14, no QG and no other addons except the AVGANI and Afghan Village islands it´s impossible for me to play in MP mode.

i have also tried with some other mods and addons and with QG and arma 1.15 beta but you might guess the results... same thing.

everyone else seams to be able to play though but for me it´s just impossible...

might add that i have never had any problems in MP before i tried ACE som im 100% sure this mod is what causes the problems.

i havnt tried it in SP mode yet so cant say if i have problems there...

my PC specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

2GB ram

ASUS Radeon EAH4850 graphics

Soundblaster X-fi Extreme Gamer

Windows XP professional SP3

and 24mbit ADSL internet connection

dont know what else you might want to know to help me with my problems....

cant use it in MP...

Do you remember which server it was that you were trying to join, and are you sure that the server was also running ACE? Remember that you can't join a non-ACE server when you are using the mod.

Forgot to mention 1 issue:

A.C.E. Mod has a custom onPlayerConnected and onPlayerDisconnected framework. It is not generally accepted as of yet. We will work on this in the future, but mods/missions with their own onPlayerConnected stuff will break A.C.E. Mod.

I'm using the new onPlayerDisconnected in A.C.E. and it works great and was easy to change over to.

Question: how can I test an island or addon to see if it "works" with A.C.E.? Let's say an island specifically... What about a helicopter addon? I suppose the question is does it use the missile and flare system?

cant use it in MP...

Do you remember which server it was that you were trying to join, and are you sure that the server was also running ACE? Remember that you can't join a non-ACE server when you are using the mod.

it was a private server and jes it was running ace.

I played my first MP session tonight. Very enjoyable but a couple of quirks which I would like to raise.

1) Stamina system. I'm not going to go into the why's and wherefores of this as it's been discussed before and it's quite obvious that there is going to be no significant change to the system. I experienced this for the first time today and it really pissed me off. (Blackouts wise) Its actually worse than getting shot. I agree with what you're trying to do, but can you please make the audible noises more obvious, as the first sign I had was blacking out. Could be the afghan village map masked the sound, but it really needs to be more obvious.

2) Losing medical items at crates when changing weapons. This is uber annoying, and if you're not really careful can leave you sorely in the poo when you need to medic a buddy. I really hope that there is a smart way of dealing with this.

3) Dragging down stairs. Not sure anything can be done with this, but we seemed to have some problems dragging casualties down stairs in the afghan village towers. Could be something to do with the map, or the vehicle anim?

You can drag at certain angles, dragging a casualty into the back of a chinook was pretty cool. Guess it can't cope with certain gradients.

2) Losing medical items at crates when changing weapons. This is uber annoying, and if you're not really careful can leave you sorely in the poo when you need to medic a buddy. I really hope that there is a smart way of dealing with this.

Yes, this has been bothering me too. It often makes packing a frustrating affair.

Anyone else had trouble linking up machine guns when deployed as a human team? The ammo seems to almost always disappear when loaded. Doesn't happen with the Mk19.

Daniel @ Jan. 07 2009,00:29)]Anyone else had trouble linking up machine guns when deployed as a human team? The ammo seems to almost always disappear when loaded. Doesn't happen with the Mk19.

Yeah, that happens a lot. It's being looked at for a future update, but for now, try this:

1) Pick one player as the one who will do all the linking.

2) Have that player hop in as gunner for a moment. Count 1-2-3 smile_o.gif

3) Next, he gets out again and links/loads a magazine.

The more I play the more I like ACE. When and if the fundamental design flaws and major bugs are fixed this will be "the mod".

Only trouble seems to be that bug reports are mounting in huge piles. Let's hope that the team pulls it through thumbs-up.gif

Yep, thats also my opinion.

No way: Thats absolutely great work. You are allowed to shoot me, if I missed something, but when aiming with the aimpoint (M4 SD), it zooms out a little bit instead of zooming in.

Rgds

Another thing, many of the Eotechs and Aimpoints are yellow-plastic looking in the glass when in iron sight mode.

Now my Aimpoint is clear as glass when I look directly through it, so I can not figure out why that would be. Its obviously not a big issue though, It does its job.