sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

For what it's worth, my little brother and I play Arma online since he lives in a different state. I have enough trouble trying to explain mod-folders to him as it is over the phone, and having a simple unified installation for the ACE mod has made playing with him easy (It's even got a shortcut for 1.15 "out of the box!"). We're not all computer whizzes, and while most of us have broadband and a spare hour to download a large mod, not everybody would be able to wrap our heads around another layer of complexity like downloading addon-modules for an addon-mod.

Well an good way for this space thing would be to dem down the SF units there all the same with just diffrent Names to them crazy_o.gif Yes they got diffrent Camo and lol diffrent back packs to them but are all same like the ACU unit team leader looks the same in all of them options to chose in diffrent SF units. Ya cant even chose from light armor or heavy armor like in the SF units of Johnys.

If many look the same, removing them won't change a thing, because they all point to the same model and thus data.

I don't know about the Armor choice, but if you're missing the feature, add a ticket in our PT and who knows smile_o.gif

This mod has been created by a lot of ppl and we have been fighting for motivation, (To be honest, we were with about 5 truelly active devs).

I'm sorry it aint perfect but that's not what you can really expect from a BETA anyway, can you?

Even though we do our best to uphold a certain quality, of course.

If some of our features compare to a 5-minute-script of yours; then it seems like you should've been making ACE instead of us, while we could've gone out on Holidays smile_o.gif

i was.. had my SVN account for a long time, been hanging in the #acemod channel on irc, same in been helping VTE, WGL and many more, the only thing I did for ACE I guess was the SPG-9 optics stuff.

wouldn't mind helping you guys out... but we see what happens.

i was.. had my SVN account for a long time, been hanging in the #acemod channel on irc, same in been helping VTE, WGL and many more, the only thing I did for ACE I guess was the SPG-9 optics stuff.

wouldn't mind helping you guys out... but we see what happens.

I've updated my post a little in between smile_o.gif I just come from being ill and still have a cold. And from a year+ or so of hard ACE work, so things are a little sensitive biggrin_o.gif

You're welcome to help out. Constructive critism is certainly useful aswell, but not really in a generic forum's discussion thread smile_o.gif

Cheers again for the SPG-9 opics stuff

Dear ACE mod devs,

THANK YOU! This mod is a keeper and will remain on my server for a LONG time (until final version replaces the beta that is !wink_o.gif

It has transformed how I, and others, play ARMA - and its ALL for the good. Gone are the gung-ho days of Rambo style attacks. Sure they can still be done, but not without taking the time to plan, and have serious firepower behind you.

The missions that are being released with ACE as the focal point are amazing.

I know that people want to share their experiences, and some may not be able to couch their criticisms too well but from a long-time ARMA player, can I thankyou from the bottom of my M14 !

[TAO] Kremator

This is a great mod!

But I have some questions is AI doesn't fire missile but only machinegun in heli. How can I send the order to Ai to file missile?

How do I set mando missile with gamelogic in editor for vehicle?

Can someones helping? Thanks.  notworthy.gif

Well an good way for this space thing would be to dem down the SF units there all the same with just diffrent Names to them crazy_o.gif Yes they got diffrent Camo and lol diffrent back packs to them but are all same like the ACU unit team leader looks the same in all of them options to chose in diffrent SF units. Ya cant even chose from light armor or heavy armor like in the SF units of Johnys.

If many look the same, removing them won't change a thing, because they all point to the same model and thus data.

I don't know about the Armor choice, but if you're missing the feature, add a ticket in our PT and who knows smile_o.gif

removing the ones that are all the same it would make an big diffrents why would you need the same units and all when its just the name that is diffrent huh.gif For the armor thing is that the SF units are all light armor and are the same in all the classes just an diffrent name witch is an lot of them. What im saying why not just make an SF units to chose from and remove all the ones that just have the diffrent name your saying that changing them would not work because there the same model and date huh.gif Lol why would you have units of SF that are the same class and are the mostly number of units in this mod its like SF recon look like SF Air Force just diffrent back packs, why not just add more johnys SF units to them names?

While the functions added by ACE are absolutely top-notch, it just seems a bit superfluous having 287Mb just to add more variations of SCAR, HK, and M14 varients. Would be awesome if the core ACE functionality could be put in one pack, and then have an enhancement pack with all the SF stuff.

I play with a group of folks who have played online together since OPFP (and actually way before that in other sims), it used to be a pretty large group until the add-on situation got out of hand and folks got tired of trying to log into a session and not having all that was required to play and/or having to deal with system conflicts.

It got so bad that in ArmA the rule has been NO Add-ons, period. However, because ACE has provided a comprehensive mod package with a built in system to provide for updates it's definitely going to be used.

All the above is just a long winded way of saying a big d/l is a small price to pay for reliability and consistency, at least for now.

removing the ones that are all the same it would make an big diffrents why would you need the same units and all when its just the name that is diffrent huh.gif  For the armor thing is that the SF units are all light armor and are the same in all the classes just an diffrent name witch is an lot of them. What im saying why not just make an SF units to chose from and remove all the ones that just have the diffrent name your saying that changing them would not work because there the same model and date huh.gif  Lol why would you have units of SF that are the same class and are the mostly number of units in this mod its like SF recon look like SF Air Force just diffrent back packs, why not just add more johnys SF units to them names?

Many share the same model, but they have different designations and loadouts, right?

So they have purpose, and it won't make a difference in file size by removing all except the unique model ones,

since 1* class pointing at a model, or 20* class pointing at a model, doesn't change the amount of models, just a few bytes of classes smile_o.gif

If we have an overdose of classes or didn't use all available models; that might be possible, please create a ticket in our PT, and we take a look.

I like the fact that there are some addons included.

It gives mission makers more to play with, and keeps things simple.

Quote[/b] ]All the above is just a long winded way of saying a big d/l is a small price to pay for reliability and consistency, at least for now.

Agreed.

There is something similar at least in the docs folder in the @ACE folder I think..

I seem to get face "mutations" whilst playing a few missions that have been designed and made for Avgani and the Afghan Village map. It's been somewhat intermittent in appearing too. I'm stumped as to what it's being caused by =[

I've been getting that face mutation too. Only noticed it so far on the Avgani map. It didn't happen the first time I played with the ACE mod on that map but seemed to develop after a few games.

See http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?issueid=768

It may be related to the way you start ArmA, with or without -world=empty parameter.

Thanks very much Whisper I will check that out

k get what your saying about the space thing but yes there is an lot of same models in diffrent class on the SF sides and all are in the light armor gear, about creating an ticket on your forums iv tryed to log in or what not but i just cant get in to your forums as so people have tryed and could not get in, this is why i post bugs and stuff on here.

I just read the entire thread and i would like to say that i agree with most guys, that ACE "makes" Arma into something as it always should have been since Armas release.

The ~35 Servers playing ACE and the suddenly massively increasing playercount of a somethimes already dead-believed Game on those servers tell everything!

To make it short: ACE is (in my eyes already) a gigantic success for the Arma Community!

Thanks again to all guys involved with it!!!!

BTW: Can the Votes for the Arma Community Award Thing, be revoked?

I am pretty sure at a new Poll/Vote, ACE would win - and the Team really would deserve it.

Erm.. this is modification is still Beta - save your praise and raves until it is really Final. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. tounge2.gif

To ACE devs - dont stop getting better and better!! Cheers.

k get what your saying about the space thing but yes there is an lot of same models in diffrent class on the SF sides and all are in the light armor gear, about creating an ticket on your forums iv tryed to log in or what not but i just cant get in to your forums as so people have tryed and could not get in, this is why i post bugs and stuff on here.
Thanks.

Your account was on status "Awaiting email user confirmation".

There have been a lot of ppl signing up, and I see many of them with valid "Registered" status.

I've manually set your account to Registered. Might it be possible the mail has bounced, ended up in spam, or ignored?

Or do we have some kind of mail problem on our end?  crazy_o.gif

@Praise:

Cheers Guys, i'm sure it will do good to all those who share credit to our Mod  thumbs-up.gif

Erm.. this is modification is still Beta - save your praise and raves until it is really Final. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. tounge2.gif

To ACE devs - dont stop getting better and better!! Cheers.

Wait, what? Why should people not praise or rave about the mod because it's "beta"? That's utterly nonsensical - if the community worked on that mindset (complain? yes! rave? no, wait for final! ) , there would never be any 'final' mods because all the modders would get utterly burned out by the community and refrain from posting their mods to the public.

It doesn't matter if it's beta, alpha, final, or whatever - if it's good, praise it, rave about it, motivate the developers to make it even better.

Been crying since I got it, in joy.

@GranQ:

Why shouldn't all those variants be included? Yes it makes the list long and cumbersome to choose from from a full crate, but it is up to the mission designer/scripter to make something more useful from it. Now a scripter can create a script where you can attach accessories to your weapon because nearly all the combinations exists: On your personal rucksack, addAction "Attachments", you get the picture.

Personally, I love the M14 (in ArmA). It is a very nice addition to the 7.62 caliber family.

@ACE Team:

Is it possible to do something about the default loadouts in vehicles? IIRC the Stryker has inheritance of car, making it very limited in terms of how much it can carry, way too little. Similarly, the ammo truck is overfilled by default. Is it possible to have all default ammo cleared for all vehicles except ammo truck which should be increased slightly in capacity and given equipment (ammo mostly, not guns) in not the extreme default amounts, containing mags from both calibers (heavy sniper stuff should be left out). Scripting for cargo in terms of respawneable vehicles, multiplayer and JIP is a nightmare, at least I've given up.

While the functions added by ACE are absolutely top-notch, it just seems a bit superfluous having 287Mb just to add more variations of SCAR, HK, and M14 varients. Would be awesome if the core ACE functionality could be put in one pack, and then have an enhancement pack with all the SF stuff.

I play with a group of folks who have played online together since OPFP (and actually way before that in other sims), it used to be a pretty large group until the add-on situation got out of hand and folks got tired of trying to log into a session and not having all that was required to play and/or having to deal with system conflicts.

It got so bad that in ArmA the rule has been NO Add-ons, period. However, because ACE has provided a comprehensive mod package with a built in system to provide for updates it's definitely going to be used.

All the above is just a long winded way of saying a big d/l is a small price to pay for reliability and consistency, at least for now.

Sums up the situation beautifuly. It is great to be able to avoid the fuss. Though my local server has been using Yomas for some time so much of those hassles have been eliminated. Though it also runs apublic 'no addons' server.

Maybe in the future it would be usefull to see a core pack, '@CASE' (Core Advan....you get it). So that people who play mods that are ACE compatible can use thier addon set without the compulsory 2gig load beforehand. But really, wich comes first, the chicken or the egg?

1. Take it with a pinch of humor. (I should say - save your energy and breath for ACE final release.) wink_o.gif

2. Any Mod or Addon can have a great effect in missions. Imho the most people here are grateful for those countless hours of making addons better and better.

3. "Its done, when its done" - its up to developers and what they like to see ingame. It should be a very good + proud feeling if probs are solved and getting "impossible things" working.

All the best to ACE team and some drinks/beers for the hard time!!

Cheers.

can you please move on to a different subject?

1. the file size (note that installer is 633MB and not 2 gig) for todays standards is nothing...

2. there is a updater available in your tools, so you can easily update your version (when that becomes available).

3. having a whole pack together means it is easier to maintain and handle by both clients and server admins. I still wonder, since everyone has been wanting a more friendly interface of arma (not the UI itself, but how easy you can manage your game, addons, server etc), not you want modules, that would make this "unification" obsolete.....

4. wanting more addons compatible is one thing, being able to add your preferred models etc to the game you play, but to ask for less when more is provided, just because of size feels looney at least. I always thought that more is better, especially since this more is quality and not just quantity.

5. this is still a beta, and for what i know, it will be a a wip even after final version is released. so stuff like disposable system for AT, etc will be implemented. If those were released in a non-working stage, ppl would be complaining more than if it is not released.

In the end please have patience, this mod is free, it is done as a hobby if you like, in the spare time that some ppl have between a job and/or uni, a wife/GF kids etc.

You know you've hit the big time when people are coming out of the woodwork to criticize the size of your installer!

Tanks seem way overprotected now. I'm not complaining that I can't take one out with M136 or M72, hehe. But running over quite a few mines or taking hits directly to the tracks or rear doesn't seem to have much different effect from taking hits on heavy protected areas. I suggest lowering protection on certain areas as well as increasing the point effect on mines (not splash damage).

If artillery support makes it into ACE in the future, I would like to see bigger artillery (M198?) Copperheads or Bonus rounds as an alternative means to tackle tanks. But put a limit setting due to price on how many rounds available per gun (2?) or something so that mission designers can avoid having the feature exploited. I'm using an explosive HE shell for visual effect and three sabots to simulate one Copperhead. Works like a charm and can take out T90s, even catastrophically on a good hit. Will hit approx designated target area if not lazed, or when lazerpoint is out of range.

Daniel @ Jan. 04 2009,18:27)]@subroc

Agreed. I'd consider seperating a lot of the extra US SpecOp only gear from the core of ACE. Have it as a seperate "bolt-on" or "plug-in" for ACE. That'd shave a hell of a lot off the download size for players that aren't US SpecOp orientated (there's a few of us, honest!  tounge2.gif ).

Ditto.  smile_o.gif

Size does matter when many users have a limit of maybe 2GB a month? And ArmA itself has a huge bandwidth take up anyway.

Also a bug report, is you can't put in any addons that are based off SoldierWB or any of the base units, they just don't appear in the menu in the editor. However can be placed via the 'mission.sqm'.

Also a bug report, is you can't put in any addons that are based off SoldierWB or any of the base units, they just don't appear in the menu in the editor. However can be placed via the 'mission.sqm'.

This has been covered several times in the thread already. Look for posts that talk about hiding BIS classes, and how to reenable them.

I'll ask again as the guys in the know probably missed the questions before.

Is there a way of getting bodies into vehicles when you are dragging/have dragged them. IMO that is a vital part missing if not.