sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I removed the ACE Mod from my game till I can figure out why I get that terrible wind sound on Afghan. sad_o.gif

@subroc

Agreed. I'd consider seperating a lot of the extra US SpecOp only gear from the core of ACE. Have it as a seperate "bolt-on" or "plug-in" for ACE. That'd shave a hell of a lot off the download size for players that aren't US SpecOp orientated (there's a few of us, honest!  tounge2.gif ).

Daniel @ Jan. 04 2009,18:27)]download size

Oh, OK.

I was getting worried, but it seems the forums are back to normal...

Quote[/b] ]there's a few of us, honest!
Make a mod?

I mean, ACE is made by US-playing gamers, so it's obvious it is US-centered because it suits their needs.

Great mod...oops, great new game! Thanks a lot for this christmas gift.

One thing: does might be possible to make it compatible with TrueInGameUI addon (wich is lesser invasive than standard Arma UI)? Cause the extended rucksack ui override and overwrite the equipmentUI provided by TrueMod.

@Halkrath: define the "don't overrideBis Spound" option in Dta\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp, or simply remove the ace_sound_enviroment.pbo file.

@ Jan. 04 2009,18:46)]

Oh, OK.

Make a mod?

I mean, ACE is made by US-playing gamers, so it's obvious it is US-centered because it suits their needs.

i thought they were mostly europeans?

as I see it.

ACE Core would be nice.. but if want to keep some stuff (don't want to have too many modules).. then like all vehicles should make use of proxies to keep fileseize down.

Soldiers with hiddenselections, could save down alot.

There is not a need for alot of SF units, there is only need for SF, Pilot, Grunt basicly and maybe some settings, desert/summer.

Sure 2 gb is not much some may say.. I say it is, esp if its not a getting bigger concern, what happens in next version. With 2 gb they could had delivered the double amount of "playbility" because face it, several different SF units with several different m4's doesn't really do that.

Hello..will there be any UK forces in the next upgrade..hehhe as we all feel left out..lol......love the mod though S"""""T hot. inlove.gif

I'll try to ask this again... biggrin_o.gif

What is with the loud wind sound in this mod? I really like this mod i just don't like that wind sound I've been getting. is it just on certain maps? Or what could it be? I'd like to keep this mod because it seems so real, I just can't stand that wind sound thats loud.

I'll try to ask this again...  biggrin_o.gif

What is with the loud wind sound in this mod? I really like this mod i just don't like that wind sound I've been getting. is it just on certain maps? Or what could it be? I'd like to keep this mod because it seems so real, I just can't stand that wind sound thats loud.

From what I know:

It depends on ASL altitude you're at. This is specified in map file and also affects helicopter handling, wind speeds etc.

You will get more wind sound in higher places. If entire map has high ASL elevation you will hear a lot of wind.

Oh ok I see, so im relieved after all, I can reinstall this mod and have fun! biggrin_o.gif

btw, my base and where i experienced this is the far north eastern corner of the Afghan Map. And i have the month set as January, 09'.

So after playing for a few days...

While the file size doesn't concern me too much, I think that the abundance of 'extra' stuff particularly in endless varieties of the same weapon families.

Particularly the HK416/7, SCAR, and M14 suffer from this. While I do enjoy the additional weapons/stuff, I think this hopelessly clutters the Interface. I think it could be worth learning from BIS, instead of having a million varieties, come up with 8-12 different and interesting game enhancing varieties.

While the functions added by ACE are absolutely top-notch, it just seems a bit superfluous having 287Mb just to add more variations of SCAR, HK, and M14 varients. Would be awesome if the core ACE functionality could be put in one pack, and then have an enhancement pack with all the SF stuff.

Wich file do i need to modify the units ?

I want to add the SF Grenader to the other ACE Units

wich file is it?

Sure 2 gb is not much some may say.. I say it is, esp if its not a getting bigger concern, what happens in next version.

I believe 2GB's is hardly a price to pay for a unification package. smile_o.gif

Ontop of all the wicked things in ACE, I believe it serves as a platform to unite players and their equipment. It's done a good job thus far.

Armed Assault needs one package (built around the ACE Core) that a player can load up with and start shooting without having to coordinate with everyone which mods are going to be used..

wink_o.gif

wich file is it?

ace_config_men.pbo

Use UnRap from Kegety's Tools pack to unbinarize the config.bin and mod away smile_o.gif

I removed the ACE Mod from my game till I can figure out why I get that terrible wind sound on Afghan.  sad_o.gif

For the record, I actually like that sound. It drops bottom on my subwoofer, sounds like wind, with a faint tinge of "heartbeat."

notworthy.gifrofl.gif

@ Jan. 04 2009,18:46)]

Oh, OK.

Make a mod?

Yes, download size. It doesn't bother me so much, but most units that represent a certain faction or country have their own chosen addons. When you add ACE to that with all the extra gear... It'd just be really nice to have a realistic mod that everyone feels encouraged to use without worrying about putting newcomers off.

Again, just suggesting things in the hope it helps ACE becomes community standard.

wich file is it?

ace_config_men.pbo

Use UnRap from Kegety's Tools pack to unbinarize the config.bin and mod away smile_o.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif

Daniel @ Jan. 04 2009,22:39)]It'd just be really nice to have a realistic mod that everyone feels encouraged to use without worrying about putting newcomers off.

Again, just suggesting things in the hope it helps ACE becomes community standard.

I install the mod, type in ACE in browser, pick server and join.

No extra addons needed.

This is what I consider to be a community standard - not having to download 10 missing addons to join your server.

I can go and play with GOL clan, or with any other nice people that are out there.

Sure 2 gb is not much some may say.. I say it is, esp if its not a getting bigger concern, what happens in next version.

I believe 2GB's is hardly a price to pay for a unification package. smile_o.gif

Ontop of all the wicked things in ACE, I believe it serves as a platform to unite players and their equipment. It's done a good job thus far.

Armed Assault needs one package (built around the ACE Core) that a player can load up with and start shooting without having to coordinate with everyone which mods are going to be used..

wink_o.gif

agree.. but would you say the same if you got the same content as today but taking 4 gb, 8 gb, 10 gb.. or 1 gb?

I removed the ACE Mod from my game till I can figure out why I get that terrible wind sound on Afghan.  sad_o.gif

For the record, I actually like that sound. It drops bottom on my subwoofer, sounds like wind, with a faint tinge of "heartbeat."

notworthy.gif  rofl.gif

I don't like it because of how loud it is...

Since there is some fuss about the MODs file size, here is a standalone icon that can be used as destop-icon.

Be aware: filesize is 38182 bytes!!!  tounge2.gif

->ACE standalone icon