sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

- RPGs + RPO i think needs a tweak... its allmost impossible to hit anithing beyond 100m rockets  simply fall to fast... its not like that in RL

Have you adjusted the sights with the up and down arrow/cursor keys? Most of the AT weapon sights can be adjusted out beyond 200m, and IIRC the RPO can be adjusted quite a bit further.

I'm usually able to hit targets quite reliably out to at least 300m once the sights are set up properly.

now i feel stupid... i did not read instructions banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]Theres a thing called holding the right mouse button to zoom in even more.

Why should we hold zoomin keys to see something? In my sample video you can see that things can be solved quite simple

- RPGs + RPO i think needs a tweak... its allmost impossible to hit anithing beyond 100m rockets  simply fall to fast... its not like that in RL

I think that at least the Russians have PG-7VL HEAT rockets as standard, instead of the old PG-7V one.

The sights on the RPG-7 is configured after the PG-7V, so if you use a PG-7VL rocket you'll have to double all sighting adjustments, due to it being a heavier rocket (i.e. if you want to shoot a target 100m away, use the 200m line on the sights).

If you'd use the PG-7VR (Tandem HEAT) you should always aim at the 250m mark, and never shoot at targets further than 150m away. smile_o.gif

Thank you guys @ ACE team for a great mod.

i have no complaint on this mod..

exept for one thing..

almost every time i try to join a ace servers "Domination".

i get:

"Battleye Memory Corruped #2"

i am woundering if this is related to the mod. since i dont get this error with no mod running..

but i can not be sure about it.. Has anyone else this problem. and is there a fix on it..

I'm not sure if it's been covered or not so if it has sorry.

If you pack more than one M72 rocket you don't carry the extra weight, lovely as that is for me it's still a bug I guess.

Working on a new system for disposable launchers, in which this bug will disappear, if it hasn't already before that. smile_o.gif

One of the most annoying bugs are dissappearing inventory items. I.e. medical accessories (sidearm ammo slots) and HuntIR monitor (main weapon ammo slots) seem to dissappear every time I do something in that menu. Vanilla ArmA also share similar problems but not to those extremes.

Problem becomes very tough to deal with when multiplayer mission bury the dead enemies with our crucial equipment on them when someone is not aware of the problem.

One of the most annoying bugs are dissappearing inventory items. I.e. medical accessories (sidearm ammo slots) and HuntIR monitor (main weapon ammo slots) seem to dissappear every time I do something in that menu. Vanilla ArmA also share similar problems but not to those extremes.

Problem becomes very tough to deal with when multiplayer mission bury the dead enemies with our crucial equipment on them when someone is not aware of the problem.

Well this is a less confusing statement to that:

When you drop or equip anything other than medical supplies, any medical supplies you were carrying, get dumped.

For all of you who are complaining...if you dont like it, there is an ansfer : Dont use it. Guess what its a Mod and not game patch.

It's an open beta.  I think that if someone thinks some values are incorrect, they are supposed to report that.  That would be the point of the open beta.

Well this is a less confusing statement to that:

When you drop or equip anything other than medical supplies, any medical supplies you were carrying, get dumped.

Yes, this is ArmA behavoiour.

Reason is these are magazines and yyou do not carry any weapon that "fires" them, so they get dumped whenever you pick up a weapon.

Those new ACE AI need some extra "training". AT units are pretty useless or is it only an aiming bug like with AI grenadiers (M203/GP)?

Tested AI gunner in Cobra and those Hellfires fly unguided. confused_o.gif

Is it possible to change the "ironsights" from AT/AA weapons? They look bit strange - its more like you spit the warhead out of your mouth. More the view and feeling of a "shoulder launcher"...

Changing from rifle to AT weapon and back is a bit too fast most noticeable in prone position.

Those AI "Assistants" and "Ammo bearer" need some action entry similar to medics eg. player can send gunners to reload their magazines. (Didnt test ACE with VFAI_Equipment yet.)

Only curious - why ACE really needs an extra folder in Dta? ECS made a proper all-in-one "@ECS" folder without touching Arma default ones.

Yes been playing this mod for an while and just found out that there is no Air force pilot to chose from just chopper pilots? I cant find the units but if i chose the Jets like the F-16 or the AV-8s there the unit is, Also an other bug is when i tryed to use the ACE pilots from the AV-8s or the F-16s to get the Air Force pilots i jump into fz FA-18s and the helments are on top of the canopy or if i use them in any other jet that is not ACE of couse this could be that fz FA-18s are not ACE addon but they are playabel in game.

Only curious - why ACE really needs an extra folder in Dta? ECS made a proper all-in-one "@ECS" folder without touching Arma default ones.

To allow you to config the mod client-side.

I like the way the parachutes are controlled.

I was building a mission that really needed a precision drop, now I have it.

The rest of the mission has gone to the dogs due to all sorts of things but the fact that I can land +or- where I want has allowed me to sleep a little better at night.

Great mod, thanks...

First of all I want to thank you for youre good work.

Will you convert the OFP Campaigns to Armed Assault? I really would like to play them.

First of all I want to thank you for youre good work.

Will you convert the OFP Campaigns to Armed Assault? I really would like to play them.

that's what the CWR guys are already doing.

For all of you who are complaining...if you dont like it, there is an ansfer : Dont use it. Guess what its a Mod and not game patch.

It's an open beta.  I think that if someone thinks some values are incorrect, they are supposed to report that.  That would be the point of the open beta.

O im sorry, Like i dont know its open beta, and Like i dont know what is the point of beta version....

Instead of quoting me... you should read back, and you will see that some are complaining and not reporting.

I just reinstalled ArmA on a fresh Vista based PC.

I must say that I am greatly impressed by the extent and features offered in ACE. It is good to see a mod with a decent amount of external consistency; even while having been built by multiple contributing persons.

When I test run gameplay altering modifications I have a set of "basic" editor only type missions that I run through. ACE offered a great improvement in gameplay in all these, at least compared to Vanilla. But in comparison to the base load-out of mods that I play usually play ArmA with? I'm not so sure.

As I see it the prime advantage that ACE gives us is a specific template of realism that makes it easier to organize large games. While I suspect most large-scale Arma/OPF clans/gaming leagues had these already, there is a hope I have that ACE can unite them all.

But what is the next step? Beyond fixing bugs or tweaking existing game values that is. ArmA is currently riddled with clutter; perhaps ACE is the answer? A seamless integration that seeks to simplify an already messy control interface, brain addled AI, and to have a real and marked effect on HOW we interact with the game.

Of the various subsystems I've had time to play around with, the result has been generally pleasing. Many are familiar from already existing mods (ballistics, models, etc) but the with an added internal consistency the end product is excellent.

- Stamina System has yet to make itself felt.

- Steady Aim is awsome

- 'Improved AI' and 'suppression' I cannot speak for.

- Effect and quality of models ranges from acceptable to excellent.

Thank you ACE.

- Ken

Awesome mod, you lot did one spectacular job.. However, my only complain is, I have a wicked wind sound? What is this and how do I stop it? or is it normal?

Here´s something i´ve been working on for quite some time,

still feels a little bit unfinished but its been gathering dust for long enough now.

So here you go, a special treat for all ACE lovers out there  xmas_o.gif

ace_covertiny.jpg

Click image for full size / 2MB / 2165x1496 px

Disclaimer: Units on pics may vary from teh end product.

The author is not to blame if this sets your printer ablaze.

@Burns Huahh

I did this years ago for Resi .... lool searching for it

First of all i must say good job to the ace team, i was/am a big fan of wgl for ofp.

really like the medic/backpack/crewserved system

but my question is: are there any plans for a sortof ACE core release? (just all nifty config/scripting)

when i look in my ace addonfolder it seems like 1.65GB are just models of soldiers/vehicles/lotsa m4. My personal opinion is that this could scare some people from dl this great addon.

I think that WGLs strength was its config and scripts and if you want to play it with lots of cool models there were replacements packs.