sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I was browsing through the ACE wounds code and discovered some "temporarily" commented out code that allows the AI to drag to safety/heal passed out group members.  Is this being looked at for inclusion in the final 1.00 release?

Even more impressive are all the new particle FX on the explosions and smoke.  If anyone could put me in touch with someone who is good at making custom explosions my mod (Lost Brothers) could use alot of help with that.

Why dont you build your mod so it can be used with ace? Then all of ace's features will be part of your mod smile_o.gif

Is there a list of classnames of ACE units anywhere? Would be handy for missions using the CO-OP essentials pack.

Hi...see under ACE Forum Public Discussion...it's there.

EDIT

@helping hand: I've read somewhere here or in Armaholic Forum's that this glitch issue is related with -world=empty parameter...after I've deleted it I've not more melted long faces.

There is something similar at least in the docs folder in the @ACE folder I think..

I seem to get face "mutations" whilst playing a few missions that have been designed and made for Avgani and the Afghan Village map. It's been somewhat intermittent in appearing too. I'm stumped as to what it's being caused by =[

Even more impressive are all the new particle FX on the explosions and smoke.  If anyone could put me in touch with someone who is good at making custom explosions my mod (Lost Brothers) could use alot of help with that.

Why dont you build your mod so it can be used with ace? Then all of ace's features will be part of your mod smile_o.gif

you know - that would be awesome.

there are some great mods out there.

And ACE has a core and features and gameplay that raise Arma to a level of realism and enjoyment beyond what i had expected!

would be amazing if some other mod makers build their mods to be used/compatible with ACE.

additionally-hope BIS notices of how realistic people want arma and the appreciation for such level of detail.

Is there a list of classnames of ACE units anywhere? Would be handy for missions using the CO-OP essentials pack.

MechaStalin,

Try @ACE-> Docs-> references-> inflist

Just make sure to look at the worksheet tabs or you'll miss the rest. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]General Note: If certain features don't work, next to the wrong XEH Version possibility, it's also possible you have an old SPON Core installed.

Please verify you use one of the latest versions (v0.5.3 and up)

Still no success. I never had SPON Core installed so I tried the suggested one. Put it in ACE addons, and tested only singleplayer from the editor. The archive also came with XEH 1.9 and I tried ACE/SPON with this 1.9 variant and the version that originally shipped with ACE. 1.9 would make ACE fail badly/completely. The included XEH would make ACE work, except I can't get certain things to work. Most notably, I get regular FFARs from all pods when using illumination/smoke equipped air vehicles.

Is SPON required for ACE to work? If so, it should have been mentioned in the readme. Sorry if I missed it.

I've figured out how to give a unit an ACE parachute pack but how do I get it to where he is free falling with it and is able to pull the ripcord. Thanks

Small bug in the way magazines is handled regarding suppressors (only tested on SPR). Take SPR with 2 mags each of 20 round, 30 round, and 30 round tracers. Now switch to SPR silenced. When you now fire the 30 round tracers magazine has been converted to a regular 30 round magazine. Seems to me there exist no (hidden) 30 round magazine with tracers. Just feel slightly wrong, although I love how the new system deals with silenced weapons/ammo in general, pretty smooth.

Is there an advantage in ArmA engine to not using tracer ammo regarding how easy AI will spot you? As mission designer I tend to equip and make available only the "correct" choices (even if no impact).

Which brings me to a last thing; how do I properly re-equip units? I know we're not supposed to do it in init field, but I've tried various sequences via script which doesn't seem to work properly, such as Binoculars not reacting to the B key anymore, only action menu. Any ideas anyone?

Hey I was just going through all my mod folders and removing most of it thanks to ACE now I don't need 50 billion addons running to have a semi good game, as now I can have an excellent game with just ACE. biggrin_o.gif

I was going through the addons and I was curious about something that I was hoping someone could answer--and that is after coming across Q11's recoils I was curious if its compatible with ACE per chance?

BTW, really loving the tracers. notworthy.gif

Being relatively new to mapping, I was wondering if somebody could either tell me the class name for the ammo for the crew served Mk 19 & M2's or point me in the right direction of how to find them. I've tried digging through files but simply cannot come up with it.

What I'm trying to do is create my own custom weapons crate with the ACE mod crew served weapon ammunition inside. I would appreciate any help given!  smile_o.gif

This is probably a stupid question but I need to ask it, I'm working on a replacement pack for my units, and so far all of them work fine in ACE except the medic. Is there any chance in hell that I could replace that unit?

Primarily because, while I love the ACE mod, I don't want over well over a gig of addons to be added to my mod that is already almost 3 gigs in size with the new historic stuff we're working on.  

Aside from that, quite honestly, I looked at the XEH compatibility stuff, and it would take TONS and TONS of work to make all of our addons XEH compatible....and I'm unable to accomplish it in some cases with my very meager config.cpp skills.   The rest in my mod are super busy (or being bombed in Gaza at the moment and without power) so my hands are tied in that matter.   For that reason, I'm just interested in adding the explosion/smoke FX to my mod....or if not from this mod (if I can't get permission) then at least maybe some contact info to someone who knows how to do that kind of stuff as my mod does not have any members who are experts at script writing and particle FX.   The one thing I AM good at however is with sound editing.   I have experience as an audio engineer and could exchange any such scripting services for doing audio enhancement work of any samples in order to make them more intense. Likewise, I am a mission maker and could make some killer missions as I also have military experience in the US Army (Reserve).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Most of the effects, besides vehicle destruction and burning, are done by my effects mod. Standalone version can be found here.

It's only 3.86MB. Although for weapon firing effects to work on your units they need to be XEH compatible.

Also, if you mod is XEH compatible and coded in the right way, it should be able to run fine both with and without ACE. It might be difficult getting a large mod compatible though, but I'm sure it's possible.

Being relatively new to mapping, I was wondering if somebody could either tell me the class name for the ammo for the crew served Mk 19 & M2's or point me in the right direction of how to find them. I've tried digging through files but simply cannot come up with it.

What I'm trying to do is create my own custom weapons crate with the ACE mod crew served weapon ammunition inside. I would appreciate any help given!  smile_o.gif

Easy way to find out the class names of what you are looking for is to make a trigger in the editor with these properties:

Repeatable

Activates on radio alpha

In the Activation field: hint format["%1", magazines player];

Same can be done for weapons, just replace "magazines player" with "weapons player".

Hi, I was just wondering what is next on the A.C.E mod teams list?

what about replacing the standard chinook with a proper one made by the community instead of the original OFP one?

Well the only other Chinook in game is the Afrograx (excuse spelling if it's wrong) port from OFP...

well done ACE team.

have a issue with getting ded server up keep getting "include file dta\ace\ace_clientside_config.pp not found".

thank you for your time,Kryptonite!

I have to disagree with Nobrainer; the stamina effects are perfect in my view: No more sprinting with too much gear (yes even myself exploited this).

Yes I completely agree. I like the idea of not running forever...with an M1A1 and a CH-47 in your rucksack...

How much weight was on the unit you used in that video?  It would be useful to at least note the weight in the description of the video, if not flat out show it in game.  Either way you ended up sprinting a good 200m (or, for roughly 22 seconds).  After that, when you go back, I can't quite tell if you were sprinting or jogging, but if you were still sprinting you were sapping your stamina much faster by going up hill slightly while you were doing it (on top of already being winded).  On top of that you stopped for about 12 seconds in total during the course of that run and covered 400-450m with a slight elevation change.

The answer to weight is as I stated but maybe you don't know.

ACE-MercenaryTeamLeader-ammo.png

This is standard Mercenary Team Leader, nothing added, nothing removed...

That heavy breathing and loud heartbeat you hear is that signal you are tired, and should probably slow down from a sprint to a jog, or a jog to a walk.  If you decide to push on even farther despite the warning and start "blinking" (where the screen goes black real quick then resets), that's when you should probably find some cover, stop, and take a knee.  In your example video you did none of that. you just pushed on, which piles up more stamina.

I want to get a hold of the actual report or whatever, but I heard that some guys at BIA found out the actual speeds characters in Arma travel.  I was told that when you sprint in Arma, you do it at the speed of an Olympic sprinter (not sure which event).  Jogging is similarly fast as well, and walking with your weapon down is roughly the same pace as a standard hiking pace (if a bit slower).

Like I see it, I'm having a hard time finding the right time for when to jog and when to run. Because the player is a computer and not my own body. Because it's a animation and not myself thats running. I get blackouts...If I where running and got blackouts - I think I would be useless in combat.

I like this new feature, but only when I'm walking on patrol or when I'm driving any vehicle.

What I'm trying to say is, since it's a computer, there should be a longer period of degraded speed, before walking - then it should hit the ground. This is just a suggestion. Not the answer!  Maybe more input on how to make it playable from more people, will give the "answer" to all those developing ACE.

I completely love the work of ACE. But to make it "perfect", it just needs tuning. Maybe my suggestions are "wrong", but thats up to those that make ACE.

some times when a teammate AI is downed (unconcious and bleeding) he becomes alive again and is fine??? how is that possible yet when you examine him, he still the same stat.

wounded teammates(AI) should stay down as they wouldnt realistically be able to get up after being shot and being unconscious

Team KUSARI likes to say Thank You ACE-Mod.

You made this game loveable again, you bring us the fun back.

Thank You and a happy new Year to all.

pistols.gifpistols.gif

Hi, I was just wondering what is next on the A.C.E mod teams list?

what about replacing the standard chinook with a proper one made by the community instead of the original OFP one?

There's too much on the list to count, actually. Both new things and bugfixes are being worked on by a lot of people and the list is LONG.

I don't think there are any urgent plans on Chinook replacement though. There are many things higher on the priority list than to polish something that already works.

How many changes are visible or noticably different to 1.0 I'm not sure of though ^^