sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I only find the IR Strobes for the M203, which are like a flare, only seen with NV.

But personal Strobes, none. Maybe they are in the final version.

Did you do a population survey when I wasn't looking?

Yup, people have been complaining about it on coop and I excperience it myself. Its no big thing, don't take everything you read literally.

Wow, looks like my little baby is all growns'up now and released? Is there room for an OG ACE developer like myself still or should I just hold off for OFP2 to make my triumphant return?

wink_o.gif

:: wonders how much of his original stamina system is left in ACE ::

After hours speding playing MP and testing features in SP I can say only one thing:

Total ownage awesomeness mod of monstrual increase of everything which makes Arma really realistic and keep it as a best game ever in my mind.

Thank you ACE mod team, appreciate thanks.

Great job, really.

I would like to try this Addon on our dedicated server under Linux

It work under Linux ?

I've not seen anything on this subject.

Just a big thank you to the ACE modders! This is fucking amazing! notworthy.gif Felt like i was playing ArmA2.

Only thing i missed (and i used like 200 addons to get arma enjoyable before) was that you guys used the stock sky. I love that hires sky addon that makes the sky look very realistic. But thats the only minor, not really necessary, thing i missed. You know its good when you only 1 mod to be uber happy. wink_o.gif Good work!

PS. If Datakill agreed to add his RUS units/weapons/vehicles into ACE to beef up the OPFOR side, oh my... Datakill and his crew has made the best RUS units to date IMO.

Studio Berkut (Datakill's mod): http://studioberkut.vox.com/

Best regards

Alex

72 @ Dec. 30 2008,17:32)]Just a big thank you to the ACE modders! This is fucking amazing! notworthy.gif Felt like i was playing ArmA2.

Only thing i missed (and i used like 200 addons to get arma enjoyable before) was that you guys used the stock sky. I love that hires sky addon that makes the sky look very realistic. But thats the only minor, not really necessary, thing i missed. You know its good when you only 1 mod to be uber happy. wink_o.gif Good work!

PS. If Datakill agreed to add his RUS units/weapons/vehicles into ACE to beef up the OPFOR side, oh my... Datakill and his crew has made the best RUS units to date IMO.

Best regards

Alex

Yeah those are wonderful units, definitely of ACE quality.(Judging from the pics.) I can't wait to see them in game when they get released. I completely forgot about those.

faces are deformed.

Workaround: launch the game locally, then connect to the remote server via the ingame tool or use the shortcut without -connect.

The problem is not in my tool.

Agree, theres no way Yoma's tool does anything strange to arma, it simply can't. It just provides the command line options you desire when launching the game. Indiana jones face melting seems to be caused by Ace + running the game with no intro island, ie -world=empty. You might be fixing it by conicidence, by not launching it with Yoma, but it isn't Yoma's tools fault. smile_o.gif

I didnt find info about the parachutes more than steering on the ACE WIKI, but im wondering about how you deploy it?

Just love the animation when jumping out a heli for example! really waving arms and legs like in reality. Amazing. I chosed a para unit wich ofcourse had a parachute, but i couldnt figure out how to deploy it.

Maybe this has been stated somewhere, sorry in that case.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alex

If you don't have a parachute you'll fall flailing your limbs.

If you pick one up you'll simply have them outstretched.

Pick a parachute up from the ACE Weapons crate (under Empty>Ammo). With that, and when in an ACE aircraft, you'll have a "Jump Out" option. Once out, you'll have a "Pull Rip-cord" option, pull this and control using WASD.

Proceed to attempt to land in the window of a Minaret...

I haven't seen this mentioned yet but I may be wrong. Regarding the ACE Weapons Crate, I'm not sure if there are plans to split up the contents into East/West crates but if you do would it be possible to keep this "all-in-one" crate as well? Personally I think it's a fantastic idea for SP players such as myself who enjoy being able to use a lot of different weapons. Having East/West crates would be nice too but if you do go that route eventually I hope you could keep the current crate. It's nice to be able to use all these great weapons and only have to deal with one crate. Call me crazy but I'm enjoying it.

I looked, but could not find anything on how to add items into the ruck/backpack in a mission? Is it via drag and drop or what?

Thanks, loving the mod, great work. =)

several quick questions, does ACE use a modified version of the Mando Missile suite?.

1. The reason why I'm asking is that this breaks all of my custom mando missile setups despite setting my mando missiles to use the script suite rather then the addon variant (by setting [false,etc]) in the init.sqf of my mission, I've tested without ACE enabled and it works ok, the second i run with ACE it refuses to work.

Please read the recently updated ACE Wiki on this subject.

http://www.acemod.net/wiki/ACE:Feature:Missiles

Currently there are certain mando components you cannot disable in the ACE Beta. But read that wiki and that should answer many questions you have.

I looked, but could not find anything on how to add items into the ruck/backpack in a mission? Is it via drag and drop or what?

If you've got a rucksack, select an item such as a magazine and click the "Pack" button.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet but I may be wrong. Regarding the ACE Weapons Crate, I'm not sure if there are plans to split up the contents into East/West crates but if you do would it be possible to keep this "all-in-one" crate as well? Personally I think it's a fantastic idea for SP players such as myself who enjoy being able to use a lot of different weapons. Having East/West crates would be nice too but if you do go that route eventually I hope you could keep the current crate. It's nice to be able to use all these great weapons and only have to deal with one crate. Call me crazy but I'm enjoying it.

It sounds like they might split it up soon. The original purpose was so that you could test every ACE weapon/item easily, however it sounds like crates with so much stuff are causing problems on dedicated servers. Specifically JIP, and people spawning as seagulls. So who knows if they'll keep it in. If they do, missions that have it will continue to kill players who JIP, and people will keep complaining to the ACE devs, which they will surely tire of. tounge2.gif

We'll find out sooner or later I guess.

Another option would be for them to cut down on the number of weapons/mags for each type in the crate. I don't know if that would help the problem any though.

several quick questions, does ACE use a modified version of the Mando Missile suite?.

1. The reason why I'm asking is that this breaks all of my custom mando missile setups despite setting my mando missiles to use the script suite rather then the addon variant (by setting [false,etc]) in the init.sqf of my mission, I've tested without ACE enabled and it works ok, the second i run with ACE it refuses to work.

Please read the recently update ACE Wiki on this subject.

Currently there are certain mando components you cannot disable in the ACE Beta. But read that wiki and that should answer many questions you have.

Vipermaul,

Thanks for addressing this, I completely missed his post. I'm curious to see what it says, unfortunately that link gives me the "Permission Error". I'm registered as well.

Daniel @ Dec. 30 2008,19:27)]

If you've got a rucksack, select an item such as a magazine and click the "Pack" button.

Excellent! Thank you! =)

Thanks Manzilla.

Yep i just checked if it was working now. Noticed some things isnt activated. I know its a beta so i should keep my pie hole shut and just say how awesome it is. And it really is. wink_o.gif

Hopefully some sort of durgs viewblock with foliage gets implemented too. Maybe not as heavy as durgs but not as light as stock ArmA. When totally inside these big bushes (my mate couldnt even see me), then AI shouldnt be able to spot us either. Well IMO anyway. All for realism. smile_o.gif

Ok back to the game. pistols.gif

Regards

Alex

Yeah I figured the dedicated server thing would be a cause to split it up but it would be nice if they keep the crate and label it as Test. As well as adding more categorized ones. It wouldn't be a big deal to me if it was done away with though. I got no problem placing more crates in my missions. Whatever they do is all good with me.

Wait a minute....... people complain to content creators? wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

My apologies if this was already mentioned, but I found it strange that the RPO rocket was aimed like a mortar or something.   Any chance you guys could make it fire like a normal rocket as they work in real life?  The whole distance setting thing usually just ends up getting me shot when I'm trying to use it.  

Aside from that, the only serious bug I had was with the Avgani map where the wind was really loud (it isn't loud on the stock map without the ACE mod).  

Also M4's on the US infantry would be realistic rather then M16A2's.   Aside from that, the Iraqi insurgents could use a little touch up work as far as placement of some of the gear on them that was a tiny bit sloppy.  But really I'm knitpicking and its not a big deal.   Overall I had a blast with this mod and I REALLY like that you included the option for turning off some of the wound FX.  I must say that knocking an insurgent down and having him stand back up and shoot at me was a swift reminder to double tap or triple tap when shooting at them.  If I hit them with one shot, I usually plugged 'em a few more times on the ground just to make sure they stayed down.  In the future, a capture prisoner script might be added like in the FFN mod where you can capture them after they are wounded before they get up again.   It is a big annoying though that you can't distinguish the dead from the wounded.  I wish they rolled around or something after being wounded.

I think overall my favorite vehicles in this mod were the Abrams M1A2 TUSK tanks. Those things are pure awesomeness.   I still have to experiment a bit however trying to kill them with an RPG because so far they seemed invincible to RPG attack, but maybe the model is designed to be that way only on certain parts of the tank??  I was able to destroy them however with a few shots from a T90 tank.  So at least that was good.    In addition it would be good to see a Bradley M2A2 in desert paint to match the Tusk (mabe a newer version of the M2A2 with ERA as used currently).  I helped make one of those awhile back for ArmA.   It would be a good vehicle to have included in ACE. It would just need a bit more work to get that nice 25mm bushmaster cannon recoil effect that you guys made.  That was very nice.  The thud thud thud sound was spot on with your Bradley as I've been around them in real life when they were firing their cannons.  However the engine sound was a bit off as the Bradley has a very distinctive engine sound (very similar sounding to the new engines on some of the most heavily armored humvee variants that are being made right now).

The rest of the sounds however, are fantastic.  I was especially impressed by the Mk19 grenade explosions!  WOW!  

Even more impressive are all the new particle FX on the explosions and smoke.  If anyone could put me in touch with someone who is good at making custom explosions my mod (Lost Brothers) could use alot of help with that.  

On the air arena, I was very impressed so far by all of the helicopters.  On the fixed wing side however it was a little sad just to see one A-10.  It also strangely would not engage the ZSU-23-2M.   Giving it the ability to attack all ranges of targets would be good....even having it attacking infantry with its cannon would be awesome to watch and very scary to be on the recieving end of.

At any rate.... I could go on and on...  Overall awesome job guys!!!  The more I play it, the more new features I discover!  smile_o.gif

Keep up the excellent work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Vipermaul,

Thanks for addressing this, I completely missed his post. I'm curious to see what it says, unfortunately that link gives me the "Permission Error". I'm registered as well.

Try the ACE Wiki Main page

http://www.acemod.net/wiki/Main_Page

Then click "ACE Features" then "ACE:Feature:Missiles"

If you still get an error then I am sure we will resolve that soon.

I'm told you have to be logged in to read it.

EDIT: By the way, this wiki link permissions error was fixed back now.

@ Miles Teg

If you have a model in the works for a desert, or newer, Bradley, you could always go to the ACE Forums and offer to donate it.  The less work the ACE Devs have to do to put something in the better (like creating a whole new ERA Bradley model). biggrin_o.gif

As for capturing prisoners, while it is not possible without further scripts in Coop, you can do it in Adversarials/TvT.   thumbs-up.gif

If you manage to get another player unconscious and you can get to him before he wakes up, all you have to do is drop your own main, rocket slot and secondary weapon.  Once you get to him you can examine him, and you should also be able to access his gear.  From there all you have to do is take his weapons and any grenades that might harm you.  Then he can't hurt you, and you've got yourself a prisoner!  It works best if you have a buddy to cover you, that way if he unexpectedly regains consciousness your buddy can put him down for good.   pistols.gif   Also, it even helps your survivability if you are behind him when you strip him of his weapons!

It's sort of out of the box, and not really a "feature" but it's pretty cool none the less.

Vipermaul,

Try the ACE Wiki Main page

http://www.acemod.net/wiki/Main_Page

Then click "ACE Features" then "ACE:Feature:Missiles"

If you still get an error then I am sure we will resolve that soon.

Yeah I tried that before I posted as well. Sorry I should've mentioned that as well.

EDIT: I am logged in.

Quote[/b] ]PS. If Datakill agreed to add his RUS units/weapons/vehicles into ACE to beef up the OPFOR side, oh my... Datakill and his crew has made the best RUS units to date IMO.

Best regards

Alex

Wow, had not even seen those before. Im 100% behind any attempt buff up the russian and resistance side in ACE.

Quote[/b] ]PS. If Datakill agreed to add his RUS units/weapons/vehicles into ACE to beef up the OPFOR side, oh my... Datakill and his crew has made the best RUS units to date IMO.

Best regards

Alex

Wow, had not even seen those before. Im 100% behind any attempt buff up the russian and resistance side in ACE.

This would be awesome. Come on Datakill go for it.