sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

great work thumbs-up.gif

feel free to mirror anything with FTP i gave Q & F

any problems let me know notworthy.gif

Does anybody have any idea how to add a parachute to a unit via the editor?

If I jump out of an airplane with any of the ACE units, I exit the aircraft with no parachute and splatter on the ground below.

Thank you ACE-team for a complete new feeling to ARMA.  This is an awesome piece of work, well worth the name.  smile_o.gif

Hi there,

Before i ask my question: Great Job! I realy like this mod. inlove.gif

The question is about the Feature IR-Strobes.

How can i use this???

I checked the Wiki and didnt found an answer.

I tried to put a SF Team on the ground at night. I fley with the chopper over them and saw no flashing lights in my NVG.

Do i have to give them a specific Item? Where can i find those strobes?

Again, great Job!

Thanks

Regards

MAG

After few more hours with the mod. I have a guestion about the wounding system and AI. It seems that AI units do not use bandages at all. It is quaranteed that a player is getting two nice bandages out of every downed AI soldier that he examines. This feels pretty unrealistic. How about bleeding? Do AI units know how to stop bleeding at all? Or is bleeding considered only for AI units when they are out of action? (Just the time it takes for an unconcious AI unit to die).

It is also pretty confusing to see an enemy soldier that you a few moments ago gunned down to all the sudden just spring into full action again without any kind of disarray or confusion.

If it is impossible to make AI to use bandages add at least a script that randomises the number of bandages on previously wounded AI soldiers between 0-2 bandages. So that from time to time a player would make a dash only to discover that there is no relief there to be found.

EDIT: This is not unbearable whining - it's just constructive criticism tounge2.gif

EDIT2: It seems that AI units do bleed. They just don't do anything about it (even that they have 2 bandages). They just bleed to death not worrying about it wow_o.gif

not sure it is a bug or not:

But it seems crew AIs are very passive to enagage enemy when player is the commande

example: when I am charging a Abrams, my crew do not engage infantry with MGs unless I assign them the target. while other fully AI controled tanks just keep shooting anything moving.

Fantastic mod.. really really great stuff. Brings together loads of other mods ive picked up over the years, and improves on alot of them.

Just a couple of things

1) Right mouse click when in Laser Designator changes view to third person for me.. rather than lowering the LD unit from eyes.

2) Cant seem to find a way to rebind the flare countermeasures key (Lshift by default) in the ACE keybind file. Am I just missing something here?

2) Cant seem to find a way to rebind the flare countermeasures key (Lshift by default) in the ACE keybind file. Am I just missing something here?

I do it from inside the copter. Select Mando keys(or something like that) in the action menu. It will bring up the key bind menu. Hit the key for the first option, then hit the key for the second option, then hit the key for the 3rd. I believe the flares option is either the 2nd or 3rd in the list. Then I believe you hit esc key to exit this menu, if I recall it says which key is to exit menu if esc is wrong.

I can't remember the exact process but I'll check a little later. I gotta run for now.

I hope this is right, I can't remember for sure. It's been a few days since I did it.

I was having a problem with deformed faces while testing the Afghan Patrol map. Restarted game & computer, still was happening. I think it may be an issue with the Special Forces FIG operators. Because when I play w/ the US Marines or Infantry this doesn't happen.

Screenshot

Does anybody have any idea how to add a parachute to a unit via the editor?

If I jump out of an airplane with any of the ACE units, I exit the aircraft with no parachute and splatter on the ground below.

ok i figured this one out, I guess the parachute is a weapon

this addweapon "ACE_parachutepack"

this will add a parachute to any unit via editor

Binkowski, I noticed the same thing too especially with that mission as well. Me and a friend put up a quick temp server to try the mission and noticed it. We both checked to make sure nothing else was running except QG, the new beta and ACE (with the map of course, hehe), and no matter what we did it kept happening so we both just played with the deformed faces.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. biggrin_o.gif

another question in the ace mod folder I found an updater just like the 6th sense mod. Are you still going to give out the news? Or evem just the patches/ new versions out. Because I had some trouble when I tried to update with 6th.

another question in the ace mod folder I found an updater just like the 6th sense mod. Are you still going to give out the news? Or evem just the patches/ new versions out. Because I had some trouble when I tried to update with 6th.

Yep. We wouldn't let you go on testing an old beta.

When we have an update we will alert you guys.

Or you can click on the updater every day if you do not want to wait for that alert. The ACE updater is working. There are just no updates released yet.

Happy Beta Testing ACE and thanks!

Great mod, rucksacks and fatigue system really makes you think about what your carrying.

as said before by others: most fun I've had playing ArmA in a long time.

Not sure if it's been mentioned (not taken the time to read back) but Dragging bodies, Examing Bodies and the jump out function don't seem to work in MP when running V1.15Beta.

Might just be me but the engine start up noise on the vehicles also doesn't seem to work in MP either. Could just be me though again only when running V1.15Beta.

Anyways, amazing mod smile_o.gif

Keep searching for the answer.

Because everyone of our many test communities report working wounding system with v1.15 beta.

First start a clean dedicated server with nothing but default pbos in your server and client Arma\Addon folders and only use the 1.15 Beta and ACE. Then do a quick test. Once that is working then customize your server from there.

Good luck. We will answer questions as you bring them to us.

But keep working on your server with ACE. Because you are missing out. ACE + 1.15 works well enough to have a lot of fun even though they are both betas.

On our aussie ace server (GamingSA.com ACE Mod v1.00), the drag feature doesnt work for anyone, nor can anyone heal other players ever (no matter how many different bandages, epinephrin etc they're carrying). we had around 20 players for about 8 hour the other day and not once on any mission could anyone drag or use the medic features, and there were alot of people who were just running ace and nothing else, so there was no additional XEH used (note it all works on ai, just not other players).

any suggestions?

Maybe the problem is with the server? The server admin will need to check that. It may have conflicting addons. Most likely another version of extended eventhandlers (XEH).

Very strange.

i have already asked the server owner about it. these are the additional addons other than ace the server is running (in an @GSA folder):

afghan_village.pbo

afghan_village.pbo.OPX.bisign

{...removed for brevity...}

as you can see there are no additional XEH.

the command line for the server is:

beta;DBE1;@ACE-Islands;@GSA;@ACE;@SIX_BC

If it helps I have tested in two major test communities that uses all of those PBOs you have listed. ACE worked successfully in just about every major way we could test.

Keep searching for the conflicting pbos.

And also do not forget to look in the Arma\Addons folders of your server.

just one small thing i noticed :

In the atv, the backpacks dissapear from view when entering.

ie if you carry a bcakpack, it shows on your back normaly, but as soon you get on the atv, it isn't on your back anymore

ohhh, and the wind volume, i think it's a little to high

After few more hours with the mod. I have a guestion about the wounding system and AI. It seems that AI units do not use bandages at all. It is quaranteed that a player is getting two nice bandages out of every downed AI soldier that he examines. This feels pretty unrealistic. How about bleeding? Do AI units know how to stop bleeding at all? Or is bleeding considered only for AI units when they are out of action? (Just the time it takes for an unconcious AI unit to die).

It is also pretty confusing to see an enemy soldier that you a few moments ago  gunned down to all the sudden just spring into full action again without any kind of disarray or confusion.

If it is impossible to make AI to use bandages add at least a script that randomises the number of bandages on previously wounded AI soldiers between 0-2 bandages. So that from time to time a player would make a dash only to discover that there is no relief there to be found.

EDIT: This is not unbearable whining - it's just constructive criticism  tounge2.gif

EDIT2: It seems that AI units do bleed. They just don't do anything about it (even that they have 2 bandages). They just bleed to death not worrying about it  wow_o.gif

All feedback and suggestions are welcome in our Project Tools, it will be much easier for us aswell as yourself, to track.

http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?projectid=1

About the Javelin issue:

It seems that ACE javelin goes very strange with some third party addons such as RHS T-64 or some Vilas AFVs (but not all). And it gets even more strange if you start mixing many of these third party addons as targets. Suddenly missiles seem to find only the closest target (with only one vehicle there is no lock at all).

If I switch back to NWD_RocketBallistics I can lock and shoot normally at these targets. (there is no direct fire option - but I cannot hit anything moving with the current ACE Javelin anyway with the direct mode).

About the Javelin issue:

It seems that ACE javelin goes very strange with some third party addons such as RHS T-64 or some Vilas AFVs (but not all). And it gets even more strange if you start mixing many of these third party addons as targets. Suddenly missiles seem to find only the closest target (with only one vehicle there is no lock at all).

If I switch back to NWD_RocketBallistics I can lock and shoot normally at these targets. (there is no direct fire option - but I cannot hit anything moving with the current ACE Javelin anyway with the direct mode).

http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?issueid=789

please attach your arma.rpt; prefered would be to start with a clean rpt and only run the test / problem once, and then save the rpt.

Issue might be related to broken configs that relink to the wrong classes, or XEH incompatibilities.

About the Javelin issue:

If you want help to fix the compatibility problems then you MUST start adding the information I quoted to the following bug report.

http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?issueid=789

Register for an account first and then you should have access.

I have completed my post beta testing again specifically with ACE Beta 1.0 and there are not problems. But I believe you are seeing what you are seeing. Therefore the problem is probably somewhere in compatibility with some unknown addon. That some unknown addon must be identified in the bug report or our hands are tied.  

Unless you add your comments to that bug report then we really cannot help fix the compatibility problem even if we wanted to. And I do want to fix it. I know you said RHS T-64 and Vilas AFVs but post the links to the exact PBOs in that bug report.

Cheers Mate!! Thanks for the feedback and testing!

EDIT: Oops Sickboy was faster

Ok. I'll start to go through my addons+ACE and test them one by one in order to find out which one is the problem child. I'll report back what the results are.

Thank You for Your outstanding work ACE team ! thumbs-up.gif  notworthy.gif

Got one question:

Are there any plans to integrate one of currently available great sound mods into next ACE release ? Vanila sounds are terrible  crazy_o.gif