sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Problem found at GOL clan with quite some testing:

Ace has a strange facedeforming bug.

When you connect to a multiplayer server either from my tool or via a shortcurt (with -connect=ip -port=port) faces are deformed.

Workaround: launch the game locally, then connect to the remote server via the ingame tool or use the shortcut without -connect.

We tested this with only 1.14 and acemod loaded;

Hello Yoma,

It sounds like you know about this strangeness already that only seems to happen with your tool which I use very very much in the www.theatre-of-war.com tournament.

You have a great tool by the way!

Please post here when you think you have a new YOMA release that solves this problem.

http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?issueid=768#note5169

Thanks!

The problem is not in my tool.

You'll face the same problems launching via a shortcut with -connect *sometimes*.

I'm pretty sure its not a problem inside my tool, but a problem inside Ace.

The strange thing is that it doesn't allways happen. But at GOL server i could reproduce the exact same problem when launching from a shortcut that directly connected to the server.

See my workaround for a "solution" that seems to work on GOL server. (launch via local game and manually connect to the server via the ingame browser).

I have no idea what causes this problem, but it looks like it's something inside ACE itself.

After some games under my belt I post a couple of more notes:

- Javelin missile always strikes at the closest target no matter what I aim at. So if you have a BMD-2 within 250m and want to fire at T-72 at 380 meters this cannot be done since you always get the closer target.

crazy_o.gif

- Suppression where is it? Does ACE suppression mean effects vs. the player or player firing at AI or both? So far no AI unit has used anything , but normal fire only when I'm visible to them.

- AI needs to be worked further. After using combination of VFAI, FFN and ECS ACE AI currently feels almost as that of vanilla ArmA (the belly wheel returns, no smoke is used, AI crawls around in the the open, no checking of buildings etc). You can kill easily tens of AI soldiers if you have a building to hide in.

How do you get your assistant gunner to deploy tripods be it for the HMG or AGS??  There doesn't seem to be any option to do this via the action menu.

Also is it possible to release weapon name and magazine class name lists?

I agree with Wipman on binoculars view point. You should be able to hold the binos around the same height as your shoulders , So that you can get a good look over your surroundings, and then lift the bino to your eyes to take a quick look if necesary.

The holographic sight projects a white "light", also when not looking through the sights. But I'm guessing someone has already mentioned that. I have a NVIDIA 8800GTX card on 180.48 drivers.

Great mod. If Arma 2 arrives early, this will be a big reason for me to go back.

Random screen

how do you change weapons in a chopper ? for example , in the cobra you can't change the wepaons nor as pilot nor as gunner either. sorry if this have been answered before

Some ppl who experienced problems with the FCS and other ACE Features, had multiple versions of the XEH (Extended Eventhandlers) Addon in their Mod folders.

Please remove all but the ACE one, this is an unofficial version v1.91, with a more advanced init eh system.

I have done this but still the same problem did not fix anyting. It will not let you switch your weapons when choseing the choppers with the all load outs but it will let you if you chose the ones with the same loads like all AMGs or all Rockets sad_o.gif For the backpack thing is there any way of takeing them off the units its that all the units in this mod have backpack on them crazy_o.gif  Would be nice to have an back pack class like moutains units instade of all units in this mod.

Like I said before, go to your gear. Click on the pack (usually in your AT slot) and click drop. That should get rid of it.

Hi, @Törni, the ArmA's vanilla AI units do infact enter in buildings if

they know that you're inside, the problem is that they do it prone;

instead standing or crawl (as they should) i haven't try it but i'll

swear that haven't been taken off from the ACE. Let's C ya

I can't use the Binocs with any unit, i mean look thru 'em; so they're

useless.

Press the right mouse button or whatever you use to look down the sights.

there is just 1 stryker that has protections... where r all the new hummers and new weapons and new unists and all the stuff of imwm? i apologize for this but i'm a bit upset..

there is just 1 stryker that has protections... where r all the new hummers and new weapons and new unists and all the stuff of imwm? i apologize for this but i'm a bit upset..

You're upset that you got a big, complex, awesome mod for completely free? Or you're upset that content which was stated to be planned for integration after the beta release isn't in the beta release that they said it wouldn't be in?

I'm confused. Please enlighten me! rofl.gif

Who cares if you're upset. That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. First you moan about a release and now your not happy? Give them a break. Have you read the thread at all? It's been mention that more will come.

i apologize for this but i'm a bit upset..

Here, catch ........... a handkerchief to whipe of your tears.

This is a true fan..........incredible what a devotion to a project!!!!!!!!

You're upset that you got a big, complex, awesome mod for completely free? Or you're upset that content which was stated to be planned for integration after the beta release isn't in the beta release that they said it wouldn't be in?

I'm confused. Please enlighten me!  rofl.gif

i was thinking at a thing like VBS2 inlove.gif lmao

Agreed. I can't understand why after all these months people pissed and moaned about news, screens, info, and more specifically a release and when they got their hands on it, they are pissed because something didn't make it in this time around? Can someone explain the logic behind that to me?

I know I had an issue or two at the beginning, but that's because its just a massive monster of extreme orgasmic goodness, I just needed to relearn some things and explore. Now I'm a happy little buffalo that still has a lot to get use to and learn--but that's just the best part, the whole thrill from exploring.

People need to realize all the hard work and time that has been put into something like this and for free and be thankful to those who otherwise could have easily said screw the community and used their time for family and stuff. Many makers here make a lot sacrifices--many a time even causing strife with their wives over how much time they put into stuff for us....I think instead of bitching about things we should show out gratitude for something they didn't have to do for us at all.  At least that is my humble feelings on that issue.

Once again I extend my gratitude to the entire Ace team. Since I can't serve in real life due to my disability, these guys have given me a great gift personally for ArmA. And for that I am ever-so thankful. They have made things that much more immersive and real for me. Way to go guys, you all deserve a beer and a standing ovation for a job well done!

--John--

Well said bud. I couldn't agree more. These guys do this in the spirit of charity. The world needs more fellas like this. BIS owes all of the developers a huge debt of gratitude. People like this ultimately keep companies like BIS in business and people like me coming back for more.

- Javelin missile always strikes at the closest target no matter what I aim at. So if you have a BMD-2 within 250m and want to fire at T-72 at 380 meters this cannot be done since you always get the closer target.

crazy_o.gif

This is the Mando Javelin. Can you supply a screen shot of your verified target lock just before fire? and then just written text of the observed object the missile actually impacted.

Thanks! We will take a look at again. But this will be very helpful.

About buildings - with the three mods enabled AI searches all nearby buildings immediately, places snipers and gunmen on rooftops and uses suppressive fire and grenades. Not perfect, but much more effective in smoking defenders out than the current ACE AI.

Downside:

Big drop in FPS. Some minor issues between three different mods. Plus AI propably cheats tounge2.gif

Is there any way to make replacement for ACE units? I mean, I found .pbo with Men's config (ace_config_men) but config file looks binarized. Is it possible to bypass that or can you post config file in .cpp format, please?

You know, personally I prefer some other models for ACE soldiers than those BIS-looking ones. wink_o.gif

Lots of thanks to all involved in this!

It's amazing how much more atmosphere it adds to the game.

Thank you!!!

xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Is there any way to make replacement for ACE units? I mean, I found .pbo with Men's config (ace_config_men) but config file looks binarized. Is it possible to bypass that or can you post config file in .cpp format, please?

You know, personally I prefer some other models for ACE soldiers than those BIS-looking ones. wink_o.gif

Use Kegety's unRap tool. It is in his tools pack. It'll take the .bin file and convert it to .cpp

Use Kegety's unRap tool. It is in his tools pack. It'll take the .bin file and convert it to .cpp

Oh thanks, I didn't noticed that tool before. I hope it converts .bin to .cpp properly, because in OFP debinarized configs were useless wink_o.gif

Anyway, gonna try that tool.