sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Tried to download it 3 times now.. each time it gets to 85% and stops!

Use this to get complete downloads. wink_o.gif

Hi...great mod but several times i tried to join a server and i just enter as a seagull in spectate mode.....can anyone else confirm same,or have a solution... icon_rolleyes.gif

I've downloaded it successfully now only to find that it is corrupt, great.

Quote[/b] ]Hi...great mod but several times i tried to join a server and i just enter as a seagull in spectate mode.....can anyone else confirm same,or have a solution... icon_rolleyes.gif

this has been said several times:

ACE is suppose to be used on both client and server machine in other words connecting with ace mod on a non-ace server would just mean problems.

For all having problems with the installer, try and use a download software. The size and the traffic the current mirrors have now can corrupt your download pretty easy

Thanks to everyone involved! Looking forward to test this one out...

/KC

Great to see that you you have the first version of the MOD out!

I would love to try it out but I am on holiday and can not play.

One question:

Can you load multiple injured and/or dead persons in vehicles to evacuate them?

Is there an way to get the backpacks off the units? I mean there on all the units crazy_o.gif

Go to your gear, click on the pack (usually in the AT slot) and click drop. However, those packs do come in handy!

Problem found at GOL clan with quite some testing:

Ace has a strange facedeforming bug.

When you connect to a multiplayer server either from my tool or via a shortcurt (with -connect=ip -port=port) faces are deformed.

Workaround: launch the game locally, then connect to the remote server via the ingame tool or use the shortcut without -connect.

We tested this with only 1.14 and acemod loaded;

how do you change weapons in a chopper ? for example , in the cobra you can't change the wepaons nor as pilot nor as gunner either. sorry if this have been answered before

Changes slightly with each loadout. But for example, since the pilot orientates the chopper, he controls the FFARs. The gunner controls the cannon and the missiles. The pilot can sometimes choose to control the missiles manually.

In choppers such as the AH-6 and KA50, you can change weapon as usual.

how do you change weapons in a chopper ? for example , in the cobra you can't change the wepaons nor as pilot nor as gunner either. sorry if this have been answered before

Some ppl who experienced problems with the FCS and other ACE Features, had multiple versions of the XEH (Extended Eventhandlers) Addon in their Mod folders.

Please remove all but the ACE one, this is an unofficial version v1.91, with a more advanced init eh system.

Problem found at GOL clan with quite some testing:

Ace has a strange facedeforming bug.

When you connect to a multiplayer server either from my tool or via a shortcurt (with -connect=ip -port=port) faces are deformed.

Workaround: launch the game locally, then connect to the remote server via the ingame tool or use the shortcut without -connect.

We tested this with only 1.14 and acemod loaded;

Hello Yoma,

It sounds like you know about this strangeness already that only seems to happen with your tool which I use very very much in the www.theatre-of-war.com tournament.

You have a great tool by the way!

Please post here when you think you have a new YOMA release that solves this problem.

http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?issueid=768#note5169

Thanks!

Some ppl who experienced problems with the FCS and other ACE Features, had multiple versions of the XEH (Extended Eventhandlers) Addon in their Mod folders.

Please remove all but the ACE one, this is an unofficial version v1.91, with a more advanced init eh system.

I have done this but still the same problem did not fix anyting. It will not let you switch your weapons when choseing the choppers with the all load outs but it will let you if you chose the ones with the same loads like all AMGs or all Rockets sad_o.gif For the backpack thing is there any way of takeing them off the units its that all the units in this mod have backpack on them crazy_o.gif Would be nice to have an back pack class like moutains units instade of all units in this mod.

Great mod but one thing I would like to highlight. Group icons at the bottom are rather poor readable due to they size and quite often partially hidden behind report lines. I belive its only a matter of proper alignment.

BUG report well acuttlly mod clash... WIth FNN AND ACe. for the racs. FNN replaced the racs m240 with M60. and ace has the racs with 240... SO when ever im a machine gunner i GET fricken no anmo

BUG report well acuttlly mod clash...  WIth FNN AND ACe. for the racs. FNN replaced the racs m240 with M60. and ace has the racs with 240... SO when ever im a machine gunner i GET fricken no anmo

That's not surprising. Tony wasn't a fan of making that mod compatible with others. Are you using the XEH replacement? I used it extensively before ACE but I haven't used it since. I just figured it wouldn't work well with it at all. I may have to give it a try but I want to see how ACE's AI compares.

Just a questions.

Where is everthing being installed to? Is some of the ACE mod being installed into the Addon folder or is all the ACE mod suff in its own mod folder? Just asking if I ever need to remove ACE for a new version or if something goes wrong with ArmA.

Also I had some time to play this. Great mod! I was kind of disappointed that some of the stuff IMW was working on didnt make it in the beta release, but some of the ACE stuff made up for that. Will the rest of the IMW stuff be in the final release? Overall its a great mod! Thanks ACE team for all your hard work, and Merry Christmas. xmas_o.gif

Just a questions.

Where is everthing being installed to?  Is some of the ACE mod being installed into the Addon folder or is all the ACE mod suff in its own mod folder?

There is an uninstall exe inside your ArmA root folder. AFAIK the mod only uses its own folder and ArmA\Dta\ACE for its config files (which shouldn't collide with stock game).

The mod is made in such a way it won't cause problems if you want to play another mod or stock ArmA with the mod still installed - just use a shortcut without mod=@ace in parameters.

I highly suggest that anyone using ACE play with it with no other mods to see what it can do first. You may find it very good. If you need other mods add them later. Islands are ok.

Dont complain about ACE until you have tried it solo, then the team can work out the issues.

Is this a feature?

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arma2008122517301440vk7.png

It looks like the door is like 5 meter away, and I doubt that a Hummer is that wide.

I'm testing it, everything is pretty good, but I have this horrible FOV that ruins the game.

I have the game configurated for 4:3, the normal thing, but I get this anyway.

Hi, @Benoist, that seems to happen because the eye memory point

on the units it's placed backwards than the usual; it's also noticeable

as grunt without enter in any vehicle, you can notice a slight kind

of fish eye FOV or POV.

I can't use the Binocs with any unit, i mean look thru 'em; so they're

useless. I like how the units walk standing keeping the 90% of the

accuracy, but this dissapears when you walk crouching and there

isn't any slow/normal advance speed option; also.. the units (even

the SFs) get tired too quick (in my opinion) when they run at the

common speed (not sprinting) i wouldn't get that tired so soon even

when im a smoker (tobacco, not just weed & hash) and i tell this

after run 23Km with my 25Kg on the backpack plus the rest of

the equipment, that i don't know it's stimated weight, but was

more than other 15Kg for sure.

The mod looks good and seems to have interesting features, but

i miss more USMC things instead so much army crap; where's my

damn LAV-25!?. Let's C ya

more major bug report when player plays infantry HE can not throw gernades. WTF i think theres code or two missong ALso to awnsers manzzilla question No im not using xeh replacmeants just the addon. FOr several smaller addons like CH m1a2 abrams and T90 pack. i think to fix the fnn Clashing with ACE. i think just seperating them into modfolders. basicly taking my FNN addon files and making my own mod foldier.... that or we can have the painstaking task of trying to get the two mods to love eachother

more major bug report when player plays infantry HE can not throw gernades. WTF i think theres code or two missong ALso to awnsers manzzilla question  No im not using xeh replacmeants just the addon. FOr several smaller addons like CH m1a2 abrams and T90 pack.   i think to fix the fnn Clashing with ACE.  i think just seperating them into modfolders.  basicly taking my FNN addon files and making my own mod foldier.... that or we can have the painstaking task of trying to get the two mods to love eachother

Yeah you're gonna have some conflicts with FFN. Tony was against making it XEH compatible. Although I believe that he did say in the future he will make it XEH. The grenade thing may have to do with FFN as well. I had the same problem with FDF, although the v1.15 patch helped fix that. At least I think it did. After the patch I could use grenades again.

I'll have to give FFN a try with ACE when I finish messing around with it on it's own. (Although I'll probably end up using the FFN XEH compatible replacement file, I'm to lazy to add the script calls to each 3rd party unit. biggrin_o.gif )