sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

wow this is nice. Good work love it wink_o.gif But some issues with aircraft on the AH-64s and Cobra when i chose all weapon load out the ones with all the weapons loaded on the heli i cant switch weapons like the main cannon gun or others just the rockets i can use. Also how would change the NVG Sensitivity to an diffrent button like the pluse key and minuse key its that i use page up and down for my prone positions.

1. Like with the real thing, the pilot has control over the rockets while the gunner has the missiles and cannon.

2. Look in your "\ArmA\Dta\ACE" folder. There is a file called "ace_keys.hpp". Edit it with a text editor to change keys. Make sure to keep a backup of it just in case you mess it up.

thanks but for the pilot useing gunner controls is that the pilot in real life haves an over ride system to use gunner controls just in case the gunner gets killed the pilot would not be as accurate as the gunner but would be able to get of some rounds, for the NVG thing the text editor that is an addon right? I mean that i could not just go in to the file and do it? Or could ya make a quick link for an dl for it ya make it sound so easy biggrin_o.gif

wow this is nice. Good work love it wink_o.gif But some issues with aircraft on the AH-64s and Cobra when i chose all weapon load out the ones with all the weapons loaded on the heli i cant switch weapons like the main cannon gun or others just the rockets i can use. Also how would change the NVG Sensitivity to an diffrent button like the pluse key and minuse key its that i use page up and down for my prone positions.

1. Like with the real thing, the pilot has control over the rockets while the gunner has the missiles and cannon.

2. Look in your "\ArmA\Dta\ACE" folder. There is a file called "ace_keys.hpp". Edit it with a text editor to change keys. Make sure to keep a backup of it just in case you mess it up.

MaddMatt,

Question about that ACE folder in the Dta folder. If I'm running the beta do I need to copy that folder into the beta/dta folder or does it still run? Thus far I don't see any problems yet but I just want to make sure.

Huzzah the only thing is I dont see IMW ACU army Units I see the model is being used for the Woodland units but no ACU I'am sad! confused_o.gif

But still the sight of a M1A2 SEP TUSK is making me happy. In later version will the ACU army unit be released?

thanks but for the pilot useing gunner controls is that the pilot in real life haves an over ride system to use gunner controls just in case the gunner gets killed the pilot would not be as accurate as the gunner but would be able to get of some rounds, for the NVG thing the text editor that is an addon right? I mean that i could not just go in to the file and do it? Or could ya make a quick link for an dl for it ya make it sound so easy  biggrin_o.gif

True. I'm not the one who set that stuff up though. I guess it could be simulated with more work.

In standard ArmA the gunner has all the weapons including the rockets. Giving the rockets to the pilot is a bit more realistic and better for MP with two human pilots (in my opinion).

But by giving the pilot weapons the manual fire feature no longer works. Maybe a scripted workaround could be done at some point.

@Manzilla. No you don't need to move it. ACE still reads them from the same folder even if you run the 1.15 beta.

If ACE can't find those files it would give you an error message.

It doesn't seem like the Ai will help you out much in SP when wounded. I was testing in "Sanitizing Operation" and was shot down so that all I could see was black- the AI finished the mission but never came to my aid sad_o.gif

Huzzah the only thing is I dont see IMW ACU army Units I see the model is being used for the Woodland units but no ACU I'am sad! confused_o.gif

But still the sight of a M1A2 SEP TUSK is making me happy. In later version will the ACU army unit be released?

There's the 101st, what more do we need?

Quote[/b] ]There's the 101st, what more do we need?

Well no offense to Cameron they're just a reskin of the Vanilla units and the ACU pattern used seems to be a bit off. The IMW units were perfect and for me its sad to see them wearing woodland and not the ACU they were made for.

thanks but for the pilot useing gunner controls is that the pilot in real life haves an over ride system to use gunner controls just in case the gunner gets killed the pilot would not be as accurate as the gunner but would be able to get of some rounds, for the NVG thing the text editor that is an addon right? I mean that i could not just go in to the file and do it? Or could ya make a quick link for an dl for it ya make it sound so easy  biggrin_o.gif

True. I'm not the one who set that stuff up though. I guess it could be simulated with more work.

In standard ArmA the gunner has all the weapons including the rockets. Giving the rockets to the pilot is a bit more realistic and better for MP with two human pilots (in my opinion).

But by giving the pilot weapons the manual fire feature no longer works. Maybe a scripted workaround could be done at some point.

@Manzilla. No you don't need to move it. ACE still reads them from the same folder even if you run the 1.15 beta.

If ACE can't find those files it would give you an error message.

What it is that i cant get it to switch to gun it just stays the same i cant shoot or the AI cant shoot the gun or AMGs i cant switch to them, But if i chose the AH-64 with all rockes or all AMGs i can switch to the gun and shoot but not with the ones with the all load outs. I tryed to go in the keys file and change the NVG buttons to +and- but it stays the same page up and page down?

Well no offense to Cameron they're just a reskin of the Vanilla units and the ACU pattern used seems to be a bit off. The IMW units were perfect and for me its sad to see them wearing woodland and not the ACU they were made for.

Really the 101st is just the reskin of the BIS units? I didn't realize that. They look kind of like a reskin of his 1st ID units, but I didn't look at em too close.

I do have a question about the Russian units though. They have the SLA patch on them and these look like the BIS units. Is it supposed to be that way or is something I have doing this? No complaints here if this is how they look, I just want to make sure.

Wow, I was in arma for almost an hour and feel like I barely made a dent in seeing all the new things ACE has given us. This is truly THE king of kings of mods so to speak. Arma feels almost totally new--at least to me it does.

Hands down, this was undoubtedly worth every ounce of waiting for. We cannot thank you guys enough for all the effort and hard work you boys have put into this baby to make Armed Assault 100 times better.

I do have a question though on the side. Before ACE (wow that sounds weird typing that now, hehe) I was using the P-RACS stuff as well as Skaven's RACS. However, when I run them with ACE I don't see any of it in the editor. I was wondering if anyone here also used the same addons and possibly noticed the same thing or if it was just something on my end? And if it had to do with ACE if, after the holidays and some time to relax if there would be a work-around to get them in in the future?

Aside from that, I am simply in love with this thing hehe. In fact, screw presents tomorrow, I'll be in front of my monitor exploring everything some more. tounge2.gif

Once again guys, I just have to clap and say bravo. You all did a hell of a job with this. Thank you very much for the great present to the community. notworthy.gif

Hands down, this was undoubtedly worth every ounce of waiting for. We cannot thank you guys enough for all the effort and hard work you boys have put into this baby to make Armed Assault 100 times better.

well said. thanks ace devs!

I've downloaded this twice and each time I get an error at the end of the download saying the source file could not be read.  Anyone else getting this error or know how to resolve this?  Thanks in advance.

can't wait to try this out. Thanks ACE team for all your hard work!

Thank You! tried the download manager and that did the trick!!!

Cameron's ACU units are not just a reskin, they are a new model  icon_rolleyes.gif

<s>Anyway AFAIK Cameron's units are not in ACE.</s>

Edit: Ok some of them are re-skins, forgot about his older units.

@1in1class: Yea seems the AH64 firing system isn't working right. The AH1 should be ok though.

@Manzilla: No Russian models implemented yet. I guess the Russians are currently placeholders.

If you're getting a corrupted file using a DL menager might be the sollution.

I had these problems allready and now I use Flashget for big/large files - problems ceased.

I've downloaded this twice and each time I get an error at the end of the download saying the source file could not be read.  Anyone else getting this error or know how to resolve this?  Thanks in advance.

can't wait to try this out. Thanks ACE team for all your hard work!

Please try www.freedownloadmanager.com, which is a good choice for any big files, especially on overcrowded download servers as things are atm :P

Cheers @ All for the Praise! We hope you enjoy our Mod, and we hope to bring you improvements and fixes in the course of 2009 that will enhance your experience even more.

There are still many things in the pipeline, and we've also still got some IMWM content to Merge; Please be patient and as you see you will find nice X-mas presents under the tree :P

Wow, I was in arma for almost an hour and feel like I barely made a dent in seeing all the new things ACE has given us. This is truly THE king of kings of mods so to speak. Arma feels almost totally new--at least to me it does.

I do have a question though on the side. Before ACE (wow that sounds weird typing that now, hehe) I was using the P-RACS stuff as well as Skaven's RACS. However, when I run them with ACE I don't see any of it in the editor. I was wondering if anyone here also used the same addons and possibly noticed the same thing or if it was just something on my end? And if it had to do with ACE if, after the holidays and some time to relax if there would be a work-around to get them in in the future?

Aside from that, I am simply in love with this thing hehe. In fact, screw presents tomorrow, I'll be in front of my monitor exploring everything some more.  tounge2.gif

Once again guys, I just have to clap and say bravo. You all did a hell of a job with this. Thank you very much for the great present to the community.  notworthy.gif

Betsalel,

I haven't checked the PRACS stuff yet, at least placing it in the editor. I can say that the Pumas I had place in a mission already were still in place and when I started the mission they were visible.

I doubt this has anything to do with it but mine may be there cause they have been integrated to use XEH. I'll check again for you.

Thanks matt for the info about the Russians. I figured they were just place holders. Not a big deal to me. I trust in due time there will be some new russians so knowing that is good enough for me.

Cameron's ACU units are not just a reskin, they are a new model  icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway AFAIK Cameron's units are not in ACE.

@1in1class: Yea seems the AH64 firing system isn't working right. The AH1 should be ok though.

@Manzilla: No Russian models implemented yet. I guess the Russians are currently placeholders.

Yet those are old units he created with the 1st were also still using the old vanilla west unit helmets. I guess just like the russian soldiers the IMW mod US Army soldiers will be released later on.

He doesn't hold the grenade launcher properly

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums....-95.jpg

Quote[/b] ]He doesn't hold the grenade launcher properly

*Input from donator, so no official ACE comment:

I had a talk with Scuba one day about weather the MK should be a primairy or secondairy weapon. In RL this weapon can be considered as a secondairy weapon as FN designed the weapon that way (small) so it could fit into a backpack easly. Also since it is a single shot/reload grenade launcher i personally don't think this should be used as a main weapon. Sadly all secondairy weapons are limited to a 'pistol' animation, so you can't have bought...beeing a secondary weapon and have a primary (riffle based) animation.

Maybe, ACE should consider making two version, prim and second based weapon...so a player can choose to put the primairy weapon in his backpack.

In the end, there is the M32 (early WIP by the way), so like i told Scuba, the MK is nice but who would pick the Mk when you can run around with a 6pack full reload grenade launcher instead whistle.gif .

Anyway, congrats to the ACE team and donators. I would say, keep up the spirit.

xmas_o.gif

MaddMatt,

I may be mistaken here but aren't those 101st soldiers Cams? I just figured they were because of the .pbo name in the ACE folder "CMCD_101", Unless I'm a bit forgetful today, wasn't that the .pbo name of his 101st units he put out in the "pre-tools days" of ArmA.

MaddMatt,

I may be mistaken here but aren't those 101st soldiers Cams? I just figured they were because of the .pbo name in the ACE folder "CMCD_101", Unless I'm a bit forgetful today, wasn't that the .pbo name of his 101st units he put out in the "pre-tools days" of ArmA.

Oh I think you're right crazy_o.gif

Sorry I can't remember who does everything biggrin_o.gif

Anyway I edited that post.

Great, Fantastic, excellent, stunning, exotic, unbelievable, insane, incredible, magnificent, first class, marvellous, out of this world, sensational, Superb, unreal, fabulous, amazing, astonishing, astounding, fantastical, miraculous, phenomenal, wondrous, prodigious, stupendous, wonderful.

They are just all the words I can use to describe this mod

Yes im haveing the same problem with the AH-1 as the AH-64. I cant switch the weapons only stays on rockets when i chose the chopper with all weapon loads, But if i chose the choppers that got all AMGs or all the same loads i can switch the weapons this goes for both AH-1 and AH-64. NVG adjustments i cant make it to be able to use diffrent keys like the + or - it stays as page up and page down.

Betsalel,

So far I haven't found any PRACS stuff or anything else for that matter that doesn't show up in the editor. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but check your target line in the shortcut. I have @ACE ahead of every other Mod folder, except beta and DBE1 folders.