Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Avgani and Afghan Village

Opteryx..

I had these config error in the clientside arma.rpt.

There are many of them so I only copied them once here.

opxbuildings\hut3_b_2.p3d: house, config class missing

opxbuildings\hut7.p3d: house, config class missing

opxbuildings\little mosque.p3d: house, config class missing

opxbuildings\shack.p3d: house, config class missing

opxbuildings\tower3.p3d: house, config class missing

FYI.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback people, I'm too tired to reply to individual posts, but I am looking into most issues. It's very time consuming, but I'll get there... hopefully.

Great map Opt

Played some hours on it.

My favorit island after 3demap loool

welcome.gif

These maps are awesome. Right now I am plsying missions on the Afghan map. I have a base setup that took me almost a week to get perfect, and its in references of some british bases ive seen in Afghanistan war pics.

Halkrath : want to share a pic or two with us? Maybe a mission template file? smile_o.gif

Hi, great island. However, I think I might have a bug, unfortunately I didn't note the GR but it might apply to all walls.

Seems that I can see through walls, in terms of auto-reporting enemies I can't physically see.

Also, a couple of building placements don't allow you to move around those porch posts where they're placed near compound walls.

Nah, not missing, but it's probable that some are defect, I doubt all walls are though. I will investigate.

Here is a little something I made this afternoon, a little map in jpg format (4873x4672) of the Avgani's urban area (grids Bi11 to Dd 25).

It's far from perfect, it's only a manual merging of about an hundred screenshots but it may be useful and it's free wink_o.gif

(2900 Kb):

http://amb3940.be/avgani_detail_notex.zip

Cheers

Here is a little something I made this afternoon, a little map in jpg format (4873x4672) of the Avgani's urban area (grids Bi11 to Dd 25).

It's far from perfect, it's only a manual merging of about an hundred screenshots but it may be useful and it's free wink_o.gif

(2900 Kb):

http://amb3940.be/avgani_detail_notex.zip

Cheers

LOL, you could just press and hold left shift, then press numpad minus, type "TOPOGRAPHY" and you get a full resolution emf picture of the vector map on your C: drive.

Would save some time.

tounge2.gif

Hello Opteryx,

off course I did used that feature but I wasn't satisfied with the result (it's not that much "full resolution") so I spent some time to do an a bit more detailed version.

Compare the two and you'll see what I mean wink_o.gif

Could you also please confirm that your both island are not affected by the Durg's Vegetation Fix at all?

By the way, your both maps are very fun to play on, Afghan village is a great place to kill pixels wink_o.gif

Thanks for your hard work and best wishes for 2009 xmas_o.gif

And soon there will be Taliban to fight against on this map.  This is an older picture of one of the units that soon will be in combat on behalf of the Lost Brothers mod, Remo, Vixer, and a base model by the Vilas Mod.  If anyone else is also working on Taliban, please contact me so we can work together to make a good solid Taliban pack that will provide good realistic OPFOR on theAfghan village map (and hopefully future Afghanistan maps such as a fixed up version of the last CATSHIT conversion of his Afghanistan map that was very buggy).  

LoBo_Taliban1.jpg

Lets unite as a ArmA community and keep pumping out high quality addons!  If Opteryx got some more help I'm sure we could have even more high quality maps such as the Avgani and Afghan village maps.  They truly are astonishing and take game play to a level that I did not expect!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Does anyone know why I can't setPos my sniper in the tall tower( I can't remember the name) or any of the Avgani buildings?

I'll hazard a guess and say that your unit is in the right X Y coordinates but not in the correct Z position, right? If so, this will fix it: setPosASL.

I've been away for a few weeks. I just got my first look at the Afghan Village today. It is amazing. I love looking down on the village from the highway and engaging enemies at a distance. It's badass Opteryx, keep it up man.

I think collision geometry might be messed up for some buildings in Afghan Village. I crashed with an MH6 in an invisible wall while moving about 3m over rooftops. I'll try to reproduce it this evening and post the map coords.

can i add another one suggestion??

i don't know right now// but cun you to make somthing that prevent AI looking trough trees and bush in afgan village??

Yeah I did notice that fighting in the areas with alot of bushes and trees was EXTREMELY hard as you couldn't see the enemy, but they could see you and would NAIL you.

So yeah.... fixing that would definitely improve things.

There are a bunch of tree/bush experts on the forums who have released tree fixes for default ArmA trees. They would be good people to consult and to get help on some of that stuff. Everytime you make those things better....it just makes your next map that much better as well because the objects will have less problems. Less object problems=more time to concentrate on improving the layout of the actual map.

smile_o.gif

Keep up the awesome work! Still my favorite maps in ArmA!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

stilpu

If you could identify any structures with defect collision LODs that would be great, I have somewhere around 230 P3Ds now and checking them all for errors is tedious....

As for view LODs on vegetation, I'll have a look at it. Shouldn't be problem, all I need is just a convex blob to cover most of the tree/bush.

Hi, in the Afgan Village's v0.6 green crops, the AI it's unable of

see you if you're inside one of those crops, even the AI on your

squad is unable of know where you're; the OPFOR AI can pass at

50cm from you and they still unable of know where you're. Ever

that you be prone or crawl; if you dare to stand up... you're dead.

It's weird, the AI in my squad didn't even follow me as they didn't

knew where i was. And there're a pair of buildings that are placed

too high, so you can't enter inside unless you use that great addon

that allows you to jump using an actions menu's option (thanks God

for that addon) and by the way, those pics in the combat photos

thread of the continious progress on Avgani are really pimp; it's

looking even better each time. Let's C ya