Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA feedback thread - based on Beta Patch 1.15

When i try to install this patch it says my arma is not installed or is corrupt, What the hell?!! This makes me agressive on xmas eve, hehe crazy_o.gif

I have put the patch file in my arma directory and i my arma works as good as hell.

When i try to install this patch it says my arma is not installed or is corrupt, What the hell?!! This makes me agressive on xmas eve, hehe crazy_o.gif

I have put the patch file in my arma directory and i my arma works as good as hell.

Read the readme. You can simply run the exe from the beta folder, working dirs and mod folders need to be correctly setup (you can use preinstalled betashortcut for this as well).

Thanx for replying, i love this game.

I have read the readme, but i still dont understand. I have put the ARMA_BETAPATCH_115.exe in D:\Arma witch i have arma and QG installed in and it doesent work when i try to run it. I have also tryed puting it in a folder called Beta. I have used beta patch before and it installed with no problem then.

But i have a clean install of arma now with no previous beta installed, must i have that?

Another question Maruk if you reply to this. When making Arma, why did you make it so missions we make are saved on C: and in my documents. It's anoying, I want it under Arma folder like it was in Ofp.

I have put the ARMA_BETAPATCH_115.exe in D:\Arma ...

You can extract the ARMA_BETAPATCH_115.exe with winrar and then copy everything in your arma folder.

MfG Lee

The extra performance with patch 1.15 is a nice xmas present, alongside with the ACE Mod ArmA feels like an new game now. notworthy.gif

Well, again smile_o.gif

It is now possible to play without the massive JIP lags !!!!

(specially in missions where we use a lot of non ArmA standard addons and players without the addons tryed to connect stoped the server allmost before 1.15, that's completey gone).

Well done.

Driving motorbikes is finally fixed, parachute bug also.

We haven't encountered any crash yet (beside the fixed JIP lag that is the most important fix).

Thank you again, BIS.

notworthy.gif

Xeno

Wootness!!! Nice job BIS!!

Thank you very much everyone at BIS for this patch - very nice surprise indeed. While it would've been better to have the game in this shape from the beginning, I appreciate all the work that you did to turn ArmA into the great game it is now. smile_o.gif Merry Christmas!

Another question Maruk if you reply to this. When making Arma, why did you make it so missions we make are saved on C: and in my documents. It's anoying, I want it under Arma folder like it was in Ofp.

Most likely because that's not permitted under Vista (and even under XP, it might not work for non-admin users - not 100% sure.) All users have access to their own My Documents folder.

Most likely because that's not permitted under Vista (and even under XP, it might not work for non-admin users - not 100% sure.) All users have access to their own My Documents folder.

Yes for XP too. Same reason most games keep settings and game saves there.

The airplane throttles are still all or nothing in this patch. I'd still like to see a smooth throttle when using my joystick.

Thank you I have one more question I havent played Arma in a while and lost my saved games i was at the Dmz zone is there a way for me to get there without starting over?

I agree that MS directive to stuff everything in "My Documents" is really annoying but BIS already thought of that. smile_o.gif

If you use the "-profiles" command line parameter you can move the userprofiles/missionfiles where ever you want. Mine looks like...

-profiles=d:\games\armeda~1\

Another good one is the "-bepath" command line parameter.

More information here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Startup_Parameters

Regarding the 1.15 Beta I've only had limited time with it so far but as already mention by several others I really hope that the new Zoom function is reverted back to how it was in previous versions so I can have a wide FOV while flying helis etc.

/KC

Seems good, MP looks fixed. I have experienced a performance drop but I think that was my fault.

Question to BIS. Could you guys please upgrade Fov instead of making it worse? xD

Let's say... Something with very low zoom, to make scopes and binoculars useful. Currently there is no pro of using binoculars.... too bad for military sim biggrin_o.gif

Anyways, BIS, you're the only one. Thanks.

A clean install of Arma fixed my problem and i can now enjoy version 1.15 like everyone else. Sorry if i souned a bit like a asshole yesterday. I get a little aggressive when thing doesent work on the computer ,hehe.

Also the other information was very usefull, thanx:)

And still have a merry xmas:)

I still have the same issue as before, only get black screen with the screwed white blocks.

my system is

vista x64

amd 4600 x2

2900xt gfx

8gb 6400 ram

750gb sata2 hdd

even after this update it still is the same as before,

Update.

I checked again now with everything as it was on 1.14 then installed 1.15.

I must say that I have same fps on 3,5k VD (1.15) like I had on 500 VD (1.14).

(Tested on Rahmadi)

Amazing.

Also for me FOV is no longer an issue.

Thanks to Babyalien83.

Performance is down for me and game stops responding all the time using 4870X2 Vista 64 4GB Q6600.

Make sure you have the latest 64bit drivers installed for all of your hardware, that is the first thing to look after once problems occur.

To all with FOV issues: I'm using the unafov 1.1 addon and I don't seem to have any FOV issues after 1.15. (I'm using the 1.08 FOV values.)

Please take a look on the negative mouse accel in ArmA, I made a thread about it below.

Quote[/b] ]5264  - Fixed: Only relative path is now supported in commands: loadFile, exec, execVM, execFSM, preprocessFile, preprocessFileLineNumbers, kbAddTopic

I don't suppose the "#include" command was/could have been fixed at the same time to bring it inline with the same path handling of these commands?

Also for me FOV is no longer an issue.

Thanks to Babyalien83.

Care to enlighten? This is the one thing really bugging me about 1.15.

So the memory issue is still around? That is, anything above 3072mb of memory and you get the black screen?