Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA feedback thread - based on Beta Patch 1.15

I guess that the took out the last hard-sim features (hope not) as they did in older patchs.

What features were removed in older patches? I can't think of any "hard-sim features" that were removed huh.gif

Only one really important hard-core feature that I can think of in early ArmA was that MG gunners had to struggle to keep weapon steady when firing while standing upright.  Now they can stand there blasting away with no trouble... confused_o.gif

That's been at least a couple patches ago though.

I am most happy at the (finally) elimination of mouse-auto-center.  Not quite perfect yet (a bit too sensitive) but anything is better than the way it was. tounge2.gif

Thanks BIS!

I guess that the took out the last hard-sim features (hope not) as they did in older patchs.

What features were removed in older patches? I can't think of any "hard-sim features" that were removed huh.gif

Before (v1.01/04) when you fired a bullet into a wall (a thin fence made of wood or steel, obviously not made of reinforced concrete), it passed through, but it was also diverted, depending on the angle.

And so on with other things.

Before (v1.01/04) when you fired a bullet into a wall (a thin fence made of wood or steel, obviously not made of reinforced concrete), it passed through, but it was also diverted, depending on the angle.

Thats still present.

Benoist , so you think better performance is due to worse physical simulation of balistics ??

cause on my PC FPS raised from 25 to 40 on N.Sahrani

i had no time to observe things you said, cause i only take a run on N.Sahrani to look how fluent game works

or maybe they found error and they were not making performance by the cost of physics ?

Great work, BIS.

My performance has increased by about 15% FPS gain. Everywhere. That's a plus wink_o.gif

That was never removed, it's still there huh.gif

I'm still wondering what features you were talking about huh.gif

I've never seen people complain about removed features.

Anyway, I noticed a bit of a performance gain with the patch. I wasn't expecting that. The game runs like a dream on my old PC smile_o.gif

That is now a massive change compared to 1.04.

Now I wonder if Rockstar will do the same with GTA4, but I guess not icon_rolleyes.gif

The shaders "profiles" are modified. Seems the tweaked those.

The modified engine may contain optimizations as well. smile_o.gif

Beta Patch works good for me.No down sides that i have seen.

I would have to say "thumbs up" and a big thanks to everyone at B.I. Studio's.

Also, Thanks for the early christmas present.

ANZAC SAS boy's wish everyone at B.I. Studio's a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Steve.

It's already been pointed out by Lee Oswald on the first page, but the broken zoom out is a major problem for me. This works fine in 1.14--you just double tap the minus key and your view stays zoomed out. In 1.15, you are forced to drive or fly vehicles zoomed in with no peripheral vision. That's a game-killer for me.

i found a small problem with the no-auto-center steering thing.

once you use it and unbind those key back to the old binds, the game changes the auto-center position to the angle it was left at befor you unbind the keys.

so now the vehicles pull to one side as thats ne new center for the auto center.

its 7am, so i'll test it more later.

I'm wondering, could I expect better performance with this patch on my PC?

Just the other day I uninstalled ArmA after experiencing poor results with my new rig. On Rahmadi, with just me and the seagulls I was lucky to reach 27fps at 1680x1050 (xp) with view distance about 3/4 up the slider. I thought, oh well, my new PC's just too good for ArmA.

To be specific:

Core i7 940.

Radeon 4870 X2 2GB.

6 gigs DDR3 memory.

sad_o.gif

Well, I've just reinstalled the game and patched it, now I'm getting peaks of 60fps and lows of 15fps. The lows of 15fps are when I face certain vegetation in the game.

Bouncing tanks seem to be back, in the editor I had one T72 bounce up to around a hundred meters.

Thanks to BIS for the Christmas present, sorry I didn't get you guys anything. 3 nukes went off last night in EVO at the same time and no lag or visible chains. Beauty guys. inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Bouncing tanks seem to be back, in the editor I had one T72 bounce up to around a hundred meters.

Was never fixed unfortunately.

For more FPS check:

PROPER Plants

PROPER SgtAceIslandSetting

PROPER Shaders Removed by Lowplants

For better FPS, check also and more importantly this :

- PROPER Plants standard textures with lowplants.

I clearly see that with this new patch 1.15, the game shows less VRAM consumption and more smooth game even in North of Sahrani. With 1440x900 and details to high everywhere.

Tested on my Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 2.4GHz, 2Go RAM,NVIDIA 8600GT 512M with EvolutionBlue2.

Thanks for the support BIS provides to its products! notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's already been pointed out by Lee Oswald on the first page, but the broken zoom out is a major problem for me. This works fine in 1.14--you just double tap the minus key and your view stays zoomed out. In 1.15, you are forced to drive or fly vehicles zoomed in with no peripheral vision. That's a game-killer for me.

Agreed ... game killer ....... its like being a blinkered Horse.... The rest, ok good work.......... but ruined at the end

Dave

Just the other day I uninstalled ArmA after experiencing poor results with my new rig. On Rahmadi, with just me and the seagulls I was lucky to reach 27fps at 1680x1050 (xp) with view distance about 3/4 up the slider. I thought, oh well, my new PC's just too good for ArmA.

To be specific:

Core i7 940.

Radeon 4870 X2 2GB.

6 gigs DDR3 memory.

sad_o.gif

Well, I've just reinstalled the game and patched it, now I'm getting peaks of 60fps and lows of 15fps. The lows of 15fps are when I face certain vegetation in the game.

You are using a renamed ".exe", and your CCC, AI seting is at standard?

BOT:

slow loading textures are all but gone, nice to have no poping stuff.

I guess you maxed out all the settings? Try dropping shader quality to medium, that lowers the detail of the vegetation.

If you have any form of transparency AA turned on in your graphics driver settings, turn it off. Maybe use a lower anti-aliasing setting?

Don't know if that will help.

Same as already mentioned. Was ragging the motorbike about to test the fix and noticed how nice it would be to actually be able to see the handlebars...

Bump the FOV back to how it was in 1.11(?) and i'd also recommend taking a look at OFP's bike handling; it's still awful in ArmA, very jerky.

To be specific:

Core i7 940.

Radeon 4870 X2 2GB.

6 gigs DDR3 memory.

sad_o.gif

Is Vsync turned off

if it's on turn it off and see if it helps... smile_o.gif

When i try to update my German DVD version of ArmA from 1.14 to 1.15b the patch reports it can not install because my game is version 1.12 and 1.14 needed.

I don`t get it. My game is off course patched to 1.14, and that is displayed correctly when i run ArmA.

Edit:

I run ArmA version 1.14.5256 on WinXP Prof. 32bit SP2.

When i try to update my German DVD version of ArmA from 1.14 to 1.15b the patch reports it can not install because my game is version 1.12 and 1.14 needed.

I don`t get it. My game is off course patched to 1.14, and that is displayed correctly when i run ArmA.

You probably have a beta patch installed. Make sure to uninstall any beta patch before installing the new 1.15 beta.

If you don't have installer, simply delete subfolder "beta" from your ArmA directory.

Oooops, dammit there was really still the old beta-folder in place.

Now the update worked flawless, thank`s guys. thumbs-up.gif