Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British 3 Para

British 3 Para Addon By STALKERGB and Bigstone

3Para.jpg

Finally i got round to finishing off these units after a short stay in hospital. Unfortunately in my hurry to finish them i saved over alot of the work i had done. The only real noticeable difference because of the accident is the loss of the Engineer class. (or at least i hope that is the only thing)

Differences to previous addons.

-Added 3 Para badge to arm.

-Re-did all the models (some only slightly).

-Reworked the Osprey body armour (completely independant from body).

-Added a PLCE type load carrying system (not accurate to PLCE though).

-New helmet texture (although very poor)

-Machine Gunner class added.

-Added radio with wires to headset.

-Added Paraband.

Requires UKF weapon mod.

Expect there to be alot of bugs because of me not playtesting and saving over most of the stuff i had done.

Cheers, And Merry Christmas!

Download Link 3 Para

As it stands these are only available in desert DPM but if i can find the time then maybe i will make a woodland version.

As for updating my other units they will in time be updated, the 4 rifle addon most likely getting the highest priority, as for the irish units i lost most of that when i swapped to my new comp (just completey forgot about them) but hopefully i will get an update out for them at some point. The RMC will also be updated when i do the 4 rifle update (but again with all of this its only if i have time).

Glad you guys like smile_o.gif

As it stands these are only available in desert DPM but if i can find the time then maybe i will make a woodland version.

As for updating my other units they will in time be updated, the 4 rifle addon most likely getting the highest priority, as for the irish units i lost most of that when i swapped to my new comp (just completey forgot about them) but hopefully i will get an update out for them at some point. The RMC will also be updated when i do the 4 rifle update (but again with all of this its only if i have time).

Glad you guys like smile_o.gif

Yeah SHADOW please do if you have time,

I' love your units but I play mostly woodland so it would be much appreciated.

Any replacements for Racs?

What do you mean? These are BLUFOR not Independent.

An update to your 4 Rifles units would be much appreciated!

We're looking for a final British addon to see us through for ArmA II so we don't have to keep updating missions for the new units. Keep it up Stalker!

Also, i've never had that bug with the ironsights. I'd check what addons you're using.

Just to mention about the helmet thing, in the stan, quite a few Paras seem to have had 6 colour 'choc chip' helmet covers so its not totally unrealistic. smile_o.gif

<s>Don't you mean 2 PARA? They appear to have a blue DZ flash.</s>

Edit: Scratch that, sorry. It just looked [too] blue in the screenshot in post 1

WOW...too awesome...Nice troops...downloading now.. xmas_o.gif

Just to mention about the helmet thing, in the stan, quite a few Paras seem to have had 6 colour 'choc chip' helmet covers so its not totally unrealistic.  smile_o.gif

IIRC it's the mesh that goes over the top of the DPM cover that is choc-chip, but it does create the impression of a choc-chip cover.

@STALKER - I've been told webbing's generally worn underneath Osprey, so you probably didn't need to model the PLCE straps over the top, but overall your units are getting better with every release. You might want to consider rearming your AT units with an M136 (L12A1 ILAW) instead of the LAW-80, which was retired 3 or 4 years ago now.

Good work.

Damn thoses units are AWESOME..great job mate...an excellent Xmas present.. xmas_o.gifyay.gifyay.gif