Sign in to follow this  
DWillyEfect

How many player will be able to play on XBox Live?

40 vs 40 minimum, preferably the ability to have 60 vs 60. This is for all units. Our tournament will need at least 40 vs 40.

16v16 should be standard. A 360 cannot handle more than that. though BI dedicated servers should b able to have 32v32 and maybe 64vs64

The question at this point is whether any people at all will be able to play ArmA2 on Xbox360.

record set @ 123 on a PC dedi server for arma (that is 3h game straight, no crash)

Xbox cannot handle more than 32 anyways. I am unsure if BIS will be having xbox dedi servers though.

Too much money in the console market to not make it there. IMO, The PC, in terms of gaming, is a dying breed. Just not that many people that can afford to upgrade their PCs, especially with the questions in the economy now.

^^^In 30 years, yeah.

Hopefully then ts 20 will be out and me clan will be able to smell my farts over ts! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Too much money in the console market to not make it there. IMO, The PC, in terms of gaming, is a dying breed. Just not that many people that can afford to upgrade their PCs, especially with the questions in the economy now.

IMO, unless there will someday be a massive outbreak of stupid, PC gaming will never die. There will always be enough hardcore gamers and simmers with no financial problems who want something a bit more capable and flexible than a simple run of the mill gaming console.

The death of PC gaming has been speculated on the Internets ever since the original PlayStation was announced. And that console actually had more graphics performance than average PCs of the time. Yet PC gaming only really took off back then. Now, the consoles are weak in performance but cost more than ever.

What was we talking about. Ahyes, ArmA2 on Xbox360. I'm sure they really really want to release on console to maximize profits. The fact that they are so hesitant to announce it tells me they just have nfi if they will actually manage to get it to run on the current generation. It could take years to port it for the old and slow X360 or for the strange alien architecture of PS3 and even then it could very well end up being bad and not selling more than 50 copies just like OFP:Elite.

(flame-baiting and elitist prick attitude toned down a bit whistle.gif)

What was we talking about. Ahyes, ArmA2 on Xbox360. I'm sure they really really want to release on console to maximize profits. The fact that they are so hesitant to announce it tells me they just have nfi if they will actually manage to get it to run on the current generation. It could take years to port it for the old and slow X360 or for the strange alien architecture of PS3 and even then it could very well end up being bad and not selling more than 50 copies just like OFP:Elite.

(flame-baiting and elitist prick attitude toned down a bit whistle.gif)

If GTAIV plays nice on consoles, ArmA2 should be a cake walk.

ArmA2's gonna be out on consoles...better get used to this fact, even if it will propably ruin ur life.

GTA IV doesn't play nice on consoles though. I've seen it for myself on Xbox360, so don't try to trick me.

For the record, I really do hope they will release on console and be succesful at that, to milk some of those big casual gamer monies, away from the big evil companies.

But alas, at this point release on current gen (ps3, x0) don't look so probable. But perhaps it will happen, one day... keep the dream alive dude thumbs-up.gif

GTA IV doesn't play nice on consoles though. I've seen it for myself on Xbox360, so don't try to trick me.

My copy plays fine?

My copy plays fine?

You have too low standards.

My copy plays fine?

You have too low standards.

It plays better than on PC? huh.gif

Theres been a huge outcry over how laggy and unreliable the PC version is. just look around the net.  confused_o.gif

Even if you can run it better your a minority, so using GTAIV as an example fails.

I never said anything about how the lousy PC port plays. I have not even seen it, nor do I have any interest to.

Last GTA I played on PC was GTA2. The old school top-down game, back when 3Dfx Voodoo2 was the shit. Still remember the mission where you had to pretend to be a bus driver, and your route would end at a meat processing plant... rofl.gif

unless there are deicated servers. hosting a 40vs 40 game on a home internet connection wouldnt work because of the bandwidth limitations

I'm not sure how the Xbox and the PC multiplayer differ but Bohemia Games are quiet useless on multiplayer. OFP was lagy and ARMA was even alot worse. ArmA2? confused_o.gif pretty much the same.

My Sysem

CPU:QUADCORE @ 2.66 GHZ

RAM: 2 GB DUAL CHANNEL

HARDDRIVE: 1 TB

INTERNET? : 20 MB COMCAST CONNECTION

AND I dont even try playing on online. plays with the editor alot

Operation Flashpoint for xbox hardly ever lagged, the only time it lagged was when me and some friends set like, 400 satchel charges (yes, me and 3 friends spent like an hour and a half just setting satchels) on a runway and detonated them all at once.... hehe, boom.

but im sure the game can hold at least 32 players. it IS a next gen console right? then why arent we playing some real next gen stuff? i dont even want to call it next gen anymore. next gen would be like, arma with 100 vs 100 with no lag and over 1000 bots.... THAT is NEXT GENERATION GAMING. lol. rant over.