Sign in to follow this  
sk3pt

Valve made $1 = €1 on Steam

Read this thread:

Steam Forum Link

In Norway CoD4 used to cost 340,54kr, but after they switched to euro it now costs 479,38kr !

Retail is 379kr !

Teh suck sad_o.gif Luckily I bought Audiosurf when it was still just $10! Ah well...hard copies are teh bomb anyway. Hope they change it, though!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Shit, I was just about to buy some games off it for Christmas presents... This is what procrastination gets you!

Woah, lame!

I hope they do get working on this or they might not have many happy customers.

CoD4

US steam price 49.99 USD = 33.34 GBP

Euro steam price 49.99 EUR = 46.43 GBP

That's really bad, especially when you consider the CoD4's UK steam price is 29.99 GBP.

UK steam price 29.99 GBP = 32.29 EUR = 44.96 USD

The thing is, I could buy the games for cheaper in Game or wherever, but Steam is really convinient. You also don't have to deal with a lot of the DRM technology that you would otherwise have to deal with if you were buying a DVD retail copy of the game.

Nice, definatly wont download anything there anymore.

Already found it very weird when they had CoD4 for the same price as in stores which is kinda funny considering that you dont get a cd case, booklet, cd itself or the fact that they dont need to give any % to any retailer that way.

Someones getting greedy it seems.

Sad, never liked digital downloads anyway and with this dirty stuff even more.

I prefer to have a hardcopy of my game with manual, dvd and case. Now its even cheaper to buy it in stores smile_o.gif.

How is it cheaper to buy games in a store? New games are still ca. 50 EUR.

I really loved Steam, and digital distribution in general. No hassle with CDs/DVDs in the drive, no DRM, automatic updates and thanks to the excellent servers it took less time to download a game than to pop out to a shop.

Valve must have realised that the threshold for tax-free online shopping had been raised from 22 to 150 EUR in the EU. The price hike actually has a net result of zero to the end user (or close to that) thanks to that. Perhaps Valve thought no-one would notice...

How is it cheaper to buy games in a store? New games are still ca. 50 EUR.

I really loved Steam, and digital distribution in general. No hassle with CDs/DVDs in the drive, no DRM, automatic updates and thanks to the excellent servers it took less time to download a game than to pop out to a shop.

Valve must have realised that the threshold for tax-free online shopping had been raised from 22 to 150 EUR in the EU. The price hike actually has a net result of zero to the end user (or close to that) thanks to that. Perhaps Valve thought no-one would notice...

I bought the Fallout 3 collector edition for 54 euro which is nearly same price for the game on steam for normal game and I find having a dvd/manual/extra's has more value than a digital only game but thats only my opinion. smile_o.gif

Just the other day i wanted to buy Left 4 dead on Steam, but imagine my surprise...it's 45 Euros. Which equals ~63$.

Hell, i can get it from Ebay for 53$ (shipping to Croatia included).

crazy_o.gif

Shouldn't it be the other way around? IDK.

I'm getting L4D from a store, that much i know...

I love STEAM. But every STEAM game I own has been bought from a shop in the high street.

Remember that the prices showed ealier in $ was without taxes.

In Euro they are forced (by law) to include taxes (15%) on all price listings.

That still don`t judge the price, as you get 1,39 Euros per 1,00 Dollar.

So it`s 15% for the taxes plus 24% extra price for us Europeans.

They can keep their stuff for them self.

Fist they try to sell HL2 again and again bundled to every expansion, and now this foul trick. mad_o.gif

Norway has no taxes on digitaly distributed software (yet).

Nomatter how you look at it, Steam was roughly the same price as retail before the currency switched, now its a rip-off. In Norway anyway.

Norway has no taxes on digitaly distributed software (yet).

Nomatter how you look at it, Steam was roughly the same price as retail before the currency switched, now its a rip-off. In Norway anyway.

I know it's still crappy, but as no one else had mentioned, I assumed not everyone knew that they couldn't compare the prizes directly for the countries in EU.

mm Im kind of in the mood of shopping since i got my cash kind of late after christmas tounge2.gif

Any recomended buys? preferably games that has mod community and people playing it online too biggrin_o.gif