Sign in to follow this  
catito14

Campania de Malvinas MOD

Just a few thoughts on this.

Malvinas is how the islands are known as in the spanish world. While the name is Falkland Islands, the conflict, as seen by the argentines wasn't "Falklands Conflict" but "Guerra De Malvinas" (Malvinas War)

Despite of who's right and who's wrong here. Let's focus on the promising mod. Let's get real guys, this conflict happened 27 years ago and I'm sure neither the britons nor the argies have the heart to hate each other over a silly conflict that happened a life ago.

I myself am Argentine, born in 1983. Why am I saying this? because I wasn't even in the making process when the war went on, so you see I don't care about the conflict itself. I care about seeing how can both argies and britons overcome this and let it remain part of the military history of the countries involved.

That said. This promising mod would be good if it could be played in ArmA 2 as well!

Can't wait to try it out.

My apologies if these words offended anybody. It's just my humble point of view on the whole thing.

PS: I could help out with any English translations as I speak it fluently if you guys are still in the search for a volunteer translator.

Just a few thoughts on this.

Malvinas is how the islands are known as in the spanish world. While the name is Falkland Islands, the conflict, as seen by the argentines wasn't "Falklands Conflict" but "Guerra De Malvinas" (Malvinas War)

Despite of who's right and who's wrong here. Let's focus on the promising mod. Let's get real guys, this conflict happened 27 years ago and I'm sure neither the britons nor the argies have the heart to hate each other over a silly conflict that happened a life ago.

I myself am Argentine, born in 1983. Why am I saying this? because I wasn't even in the making process when the war went on, so you see I don't care about the conflict itself. I care about seeing how can both argies and britons overcome this and let it remain part of the military history of the countries involved.

That said. This promising mod would be good if it could be played in ArmA 2 as well!

Can't wait to try it out.

My apologies if these words offended anybody. It's just my humble point of view on the whole thing.

PS: I could help out with any English translations as I speak it fluently if you guys are still in the search for a volunteer translator.

i send you a PM :yay:

Lovely mod, but .. are you going to release a couple of Argentinian plane like a4 and pucara ?? Arma already has an harrier, but no argentinian planes .. :bounce3:

Lovely mod, but .. are you going to release a couple of Argentinian plane like a4 and pucara ?? Arma already has an harrier, but no argentinian planes .. :bounce3:

ALL airplanes who participated in the conflict will be in the mod (Sea Harrier, Harrier, Vulcan, Pucara, AerMacchi, Hercules C-130, A4, Super Etendard, Mirage MIII, Dagger)

Regards

Good to see you aren't dead :p

Hahah, no, thanks god no. We were working in silence ;)

Good ;)

Well, now I can ask you 2 small questions :

- in what side will be the argentinian and the english armies. They were both armies from the western side. Will you put one army under the western side and one army under the resistance side?

-is your mod still planned for ArmA I or have will you release everything for Arma 2?

Anyway, I hope to have news from your mod soon ;)

Edited by Fuzzmaster

Good ;)

Well, now I can ask you 2 small questions :

- in what side will be the argentinian and the english armies. They were both armies from the western side. Will you put one army under the western side and one army under the resistance side?

-is your mod still planned for ArmA I or have will you release everything for Arma 2?

Anyway, I hope to have news from your mod soon ;)

Well, about the first question ... we will put the British in the "Western side" (because they form part of NATO) and the Argentineans in the "Eastern side" .... because in the past we had trouble with this so we decided to put them in that way.

About the second question...we decided to complete 100% the mod for ArmA1 and then we are planning to pass all the mod to ArmA2 ... because, a big part of our team members does not have a "NASA´s machine" to run the ArmA2 properly.

You (and all) will have news soon....VERY soon ;)

Regards

If I remember rightly, the problems you had last time were that you did it geographically - Argentina is further West than the UK, so you put the UK on Side East and Argentina on Side West, right? Made sense to me, but that did kinda bork things, haha.

Looking forward to your release guys, particularly some of the vehicles. Looking pretty good so far.

yeah guys looking forward to this. Will reinsall arma again once you release just to play ;)

Wow, nice video. I can't for this to get released. I will definitely be dusting of arma when when you do. I hope are thinking of porting this over to Arma 2.

I was looking forward to this for arma 1, but no news for a while.

Anyone able to translate this from their forum ? Does it mean no Arma1 release?

"UPDATE:

El staff esta deliberando y planificando la migracion al ARMA2.

La falta de informacion en cuanto al modding para el ARMA2 hace las cosas mas lentas todavia.

"

I was looking forward to this for arma 1, but no news for a while.

Anyone able to translate this from their forum ? Does it mean no Arma1 release?

"UPDATE:

El staff esta deliberando y planificando la migracion al ARMA2.

La falta de informacion en cuanto al modding para el ARMA2 hace las cosas mas lentas todavia.

"

"Update:

The staff are deliberating and planning the migration to ArmA2. The lack of information about modding for ArmA2 makes the stuff slower"

Hi, if you read the other post of this thread you will see that we are decided to finish the mod completely for ArmA1, and when it finish then we will migrate the mod to ArmA2.

Kind Regards

hey if you guys need help with arma2 i can send examples for vehicles and troops if it helps the migration

hey if you guys need help with arma2 i can send examples for vehicles and troops if it helps the migration

Thanks Crash, now we are working on ArmA1, but surely we will need your help for the migration in the future. (When OP:Arrowhead will be ready)

Regards

WOW! Nice to see this mod! I cant wait for the release

**Requesting Help**

We are looking people who want to help us with the Configs and the convertion (configs, memory lods, etc) of AIRPLANES and HELICOPTERS models from OFP to ArmA1. We only need people to do the configs and all the necesary stuff to make the OFP models are playable in ArmA1 (not the textures, materials, etc)

I hope somebody can help us.

Kind Regards

BETA RELEASE OF CAMPAÑA DE MALVINAS MOD

After years of works, we proudly presents a BETA release of SOME addons of the Campaña de Malvinas Mod. We decided to release this addons seaparate for now, until we finish the mod, for public test.

This beta include the following addons:

-MLV_Weapons -----> Light & personal Weapons

-MLV_Units ---------> Infrantry Units

-MLV_Support ------> Heavy and support weapons

-MLV_Wheels -------> Vehicles with wheels

-MLV_Objects ------> Objects used in the Island and other stuff

-MLV_PtoArgentino --> First Map of the mod Puerto Argentino/Port Stanely zone

-MLV_Extras --------> Icon, XML for editors, pdf. with explanation about EVERYTHING (only in spanish, sorry) etc.

-MLV_Missions ------> Some basic multiplayer/singleplayer missions for testing the addons

Also you will need to play external addons:

EventHandlers

Extended Init EventHandler (by Solus) v1.26

Extended EventHandlers (by XEH) v 1.9

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=64933

Here is the link to the download zone:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/malvinas/malvinas/descargas_eng.htm

And here is the each addon download link:

-MLV_Weapons

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/malvinas/malvinas/download/MLV_Weapons.php

-MLV_Units

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/malvinas/malvinas/download/MLV_Units.php

-MLV_Support

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/malvinas/malvinas/download/MLV_Support.php

-MLV_Wheels

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/malvinas/malvinas/download/MLV_Wheels.php

MLV_Objects

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/malvinas/malvinas/download/MLV_Objects.php

MLV_PtoArgentino

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/malvinas/malvinas/download/MLV_PtoArgentino.php

MLV_Extras

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/malvinas/malvinas/download/MLV_Extras.php

Readme .pdf (Spanish - Credits in english too)

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/malvinas/malvinas/Leame.pdf

MLV_Missions

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/malvinas/malvinas/download/MLV_Missions.php

Some Important Info:

-In each addon, we added the credits of the people who helped (and continue helping us) including the rights of every addonmaker who facilitated to us his models

-This is only a BETA release.

-In MLV_Support are some bugs that we already know (in Oto Melara 105mm, L118 Light Gun and Roland AA), but we decided to release it anyway. We are working to fix that bugs.

We want to say THANKS to each person who helped us in ANY form in realisation of this mod. We know the ArmA1 game is a little "old" but, as we promised, we want to released this mod FIRST for ArmA1.

Kind Regards

Super - been waiting for this for ages - congrats fellas !

Any mirrors yet ? (at the present rate I'll have them by next week :)

the missions dont work and are there no aircraft as all i have are pilots and no planes?gracias.

can't finish downloading the addons - server times out on me repeatedly (max d/l speed is 9-11kbs. Any mirrors please?

Any mirrors please?

When all of you just stop downloading from this crap server connection maybe mirror sites can grab it instead of timing out too?

Just a thought......... :D

Already busy since this morning without much luck.