Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

173rd Airborne Brigade ACU Units

Binkowski u will make dcu units?huh.gifxmas_o.gif

It's a very likely possibility smile_o.gif

Just to change it up, add some variety. Then again, if i have time.

@wld427: Thank you for the clarification it makes a little sense. I was USAF 2001-005 Security Forces, we had the PSGT helmet BDU and DCU helmet covers as well back then. Now I'm in the ARNG and I see a few troops in my unit that still have the PSGT. I know AD Army gets first priority and reservist and guardsman get first priority when activated, while m-day troops not activated just make due with the old stuff.

@Binkowski wow DCU troops too when you get the chance like you said. If you need references for DCU troops with MICH/ACH and PSGT helmets let me know pm or email wise.

@wld427: Thank you for the clarification it makes a little sense.  I was USAF 2001-005 Security Forces, we had the PSGT helmet BDU and DCU helmet covers as well back then.  Now I'm in the ARNG and I see a few troops in my unit that still have the PSGT.  I know AD Army gets first priority and reservist and guardsman get first priority when activated, while m-day troops not activated just make due with the old stuff.

@Binkowski wow DCU troops too when you get the chance like you said.  If you need references for DCU troops with MICH/ACH and PSGT helmets let me know pm or email wise.

Roger, thanks again bigstone. I appreciate the help. smile_o.gif

-Problem Solved.

But I'm having another one, can't seem to get the wound textures working. If someone would like to help me with that please PM me! I need help!

Nice units you made here!

I have one question:

Is it possible that you can add a squad under groups in the editor?? Makes mission making what easier.

Good luck!! notworthy.gif

you should do normalmap for uniform, cause now it looks like it has MOLLE normals for TAC vest and it doesn't fit

and now they have MITCH helmets ?

I'm already working on an update with Maza94.

Soon to come,

Groin Pads

DAPS (maybe)

Kidney Pads

ACH Helmet

MOLLE Webbings (based on pictures of my battle rattle)

you should do normalmap for uniform, cause now it looks like it has MOLLE normals for TAC vest and it doesn't fit

and now they have MITCH helmets ?

No they are not "MITCH" helmets, mich btw, they just have the straps on them, which is a possible upgrade on the PASGT helmets.

I have decided to update the download yet again. Sorry for the inconvenience. This is reverting back to the original with the ACH & Molle webbings.

These now have working wound textures.

I will PM the people who have mirrored this file so they will have the new images.

Credits to Jonny for letting me use his models for the time being  smile_o.gif

Updates will follow, new versions will include more webbings, variety etc etc.

http://www.2shared.com/file/4457016/e1797a9f/173rdUnitsV4.html

Looks like something goes wrong huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher

good addon.. so u will convert this units whit dcu uniforms and woodland otv?

C'mon man, just read his response(s) on page 2.

"It's a very likely possibility" and "Then again, if i have time".

It seems pretty clear that the issue is time.

Binkowski,

For a first attempt these are pretty damn nice. Congrats! And thanks to those of you who contributed parts and help.

Thanks for the comments guys I appreciate it smile_o.gif

Updated versions will come soon. Just be patient! smile_o.gif