Sign in to follow this  
zhenja1

Recoil and lack of hitting power

hello, i was wondering if anyone playing csla2 has the same issue with the rpg's not having enough hitting power.

I fired with 3 other ppl at a t-55 which usually takes two hits to kill, didn't even go down in 5.

It's like it never even phased it, I would've done more damage with a hose and saltwater corroding the tank.

So is there a way to change to hitting power for the rpg's in csla2, any input would really help.

Now for the second issue, the older ffur mod's like Euro,2005,1985,winter and desert, the recoil is ridiculous with those cross hairs.

Anyone know how to fix this and make the recoil a little bit more manageable?,Thanks

Yep,

I don't use CSLA2 and havn't played with that mod so I'm not exactly sure how the code architecture is setup but basically... there is two ways to get the job done.

First way... since CSLA probably has it's own folder (you probably have it in the main OFP folder) see if there is a BIN folder in the main mod folder. Open up either the config.cpp

or in some cases they spread it out so find the cfgweapons.hpp (something like that) and open it up. It opens in notepad so its easy to play with. Click Edit at the top and go to find, look for this line... class CfgAmmo .. now scroll down and look for a line of code that has something to do with the RPG you are talking about....

heres an example....

class LAW: AT3

{

hit=500;indirectHit=150;indirectHitRange=2.5;

minRange=20;minRangeProbab=0.50;

midRange=75;midRangeProbab=0.95;

maxRange=250;maxRangeProbab=0.10;

model=LAW;

simulation=shotRocket;

simulationStep=0.05;

cost=5000;

soundHit[]={Explosions\explosion_at3,db30,1};

soundFly[]={objects\noise,db-80,4};

maxSpeed=350;

irLock=true; // no lock on soldier

manualControl=true;

maxControlRange=0; // max range for manual control

initTime=0;

thrustTime=0.2;

thrust=2000;

maneuvrability=0;

All you have to change is

hit=500;indirectHit=150;indirectHitRange=2.5;

Just change the numbers and save.... but try not to go to crazy and unbalance everything.

hit=0                    How much damage a direct hit is.

indirectHit=0            How much damage the area around does.

indirectHitRange=1       The range in metres where ‘indirectHit’

is effective. I.E. the diameter of the area.

-------------------------------------------------

Second way.

Find the PBO that would have the RPG in it. Like I said it depends on how they set it up, the RPG might be in one big PBO like (CSLAweapons.pbo) or spread out (RPG.pbo). Use a PBO program, I use WinPBO and extract either the config.cpp or the whole contents and put em somewhere like your desktop and edit the config.cpp or .hpp the same way i wrote up there then save and recompile the PBO (making a new one or patching the old one) and replace the old one.

----------------------------

Might sound confusing but it's E Z.

Recoil is pretty much the same, but it's probably harder to mess with, I say just replace the numbers with another recoil that you find easier to handle...

find a line of code that looks something like this

class CfgRecoils

{

access=1;

NameofWeaponRecoil[]={0.050000,0.010000,0.140000,0.350000,0,0};

};

You kinda gotta look for what recoil goes to what weapon so you change the right one. But I'm sure you can figure it out with educated guesses and looking through the rest of the code.

ahh thank you smile_o.gif, ill have to see how to do this through trial and error, you wouldn't happen to know the default bis recoil would you?