Sign in to follow this  
m@ster

GTA 4 / PC

The new patch is out. The thing is, after having completed the relatively short story, I can not see any reason to go back to GTA 4.

Gonna try out patch 1.2 as soon as I can. Seems like patches will keep coming and coming. I'm waiting for them to enable SLI/Crossfire. banghead.gif

I still have BSODs crazy_o.gif , but game with new performance is more fluid.

The patch has done exactly what I wanted at the start - proper graphics settings. But too f**king late mad_o.gif

The ability to turn the reflections off would have been nice, they don't add anything when the game already looks like crap on my graphics settings.

Maybe I'll do some MP if it's not full of cheaters and idiots, although playing ArmA with ACE seems more interesting to me after having a great time with it yesterday.

I can't believe it took them so long to implement those settings. They even had them in a pre-release version of the game.

Oh and that video was awesome  smile_o.gif

Edit: With the new patch I can now Alt-Tab out of the game without causing graphical glitches, and change resolution in-game fine too.

The "humor" in the game never ends it seems... yesterday whilst driving around heard about a man gone crazy with a pair of nail clipper at an airport or an airliner... massacre ensued. And then, of course, the various ads found in the game... hilarious stuff.

Recently the car drivers in the city seem to have updated to shortened Mossbergs and Kalashnikovs. Kind of weird to have the owner of the car you just hijacked attack you with an assault rifle. huh.gif

And, I need some help. help.gif

In the first mission you do for the "government", when you're supposed to access the laptop in Hove Beach... can't access it! When I click it, nothing happens! Not able to access the internet cafe machines either, it seems. Anyone else had the problem? help.gif

Heads up for people who have the Steam version - Rockstar released a new patch, but Steam doesnt update the game properly so it crashes whenever you load the game. The solution is to manually download and install the patch from Rockstar's website. That should fix it up.

Here is info on the new patch. Some good fixes, including the ability to turn off shadows and reflections in the graphics options - great news for those with weaker PCs.

Does it fix the error where you can't advance past the steal the balista mission with the 1.0.2 patch?