Sign in to follow this  
m@ster

GTA 4 / PC

These tweaks are useless and not needed. I mean who needs to lower their monitor resolution down to such low levels. My fps in GTA IV is always high and by that I mean 60+.

Well, with a CPU that cost more then all my components together it's kind of obvious  icon_rolleyes.gif

Now tune down your ego and move on...

Oh, BTW - if you actually bothered to click on the link you'd know that this is not about setting your game resolution to some crappy standards, but forcing reflections maps and all these fancy candies to stay low (ATM the game resolution controls them).

Sparks: Thanks, I'll try it out smile_o.gif

Trailer for the first downloadable expansion

The Lost and Damned Trailer

Which is for Xbox360 only confused_o.gif

Sad about the deal that only the Xbox gets the expansion. But then again after GTA4 I don't think I'd want an expansion. Game gets kinda boring after a while.

I was wondering... my PC's achilles heel is the graphics card (a lowly Geforce 7950GT 512mb), 2 gigs of ram, and my CPU is the Core2Duo E6600 at 2.4GHz... Should I even be thinking of playing this game on my rig? The worst thing is, I've even been thinking on playing it online with my friends, but their rigs aren't quite up to my standards... rather than figuring out which rig is uber, my question is, which is the lowest-rated rig that can possibly run this game, even with everything set down to minimum?

I was thinking about upgrading to a Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0Ghz) - before the CPUs for that socket run out - would that be enough for a bare minimum?

If you were upgrading a socket 775, I'd get something like a Q6600. I think however that a E6600 will run the game alright, the minimum requirement is listed as an Athlon X2 if memory serves me correct, and an E6600 is faster than most (if any) Athlon.

BUZZARD @ Jan. 07 2009,10:04)]I was thinking about upgrading to a Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0Ghz) - before the CPUs for that socket run out - would that be enough for a bare minimum?

IV runs fine for me with the good old conroe (E6600), but you will definetly need more ram and might come across some problems on that graphics card (drivers).

If i were you i would only upgrade ram (atleast 3 GB, the game uses alot of ram) and see how it goes, then if you have problems maybe upgrade the graphics card, the CPU is fine really.

And the MP is great fun, i hear everyone complaining about GFWL but i have no complaints about it, good performance, solid netcode, friend lists and no need for dedicated servers.

These tweaks are useless and not needed. I mean who needs to lower their monitor resolution down to such low levels. My fps in GTA IV is always high and by that I mean 60+.

Well obviously you don't need them because you have a high spec PC. They are aimed at those of us with lower end hardware  icon_rolleyes.gif

And if you actually read it you will see that the monitor is not running at that resolution. It only tricks the game into thinking that because of the stupid decision by the developers to tie some graphics options to the resolution.

But why even bother playing with low end hardware?

Well obviously you don't need them because you have a high spec PC. They are aimed at those of us with lower end hardware  icon_rolleyes.gif

And if you actually read it you will see that the monitor is not running at that resolution. It only tricks the game into thinking that because of the stupid decision by the developers to tie some graphics options to the resolution.

But why even bother playing with low end hardware?

Because it's the only hardware some people have, geez you think everybody has the latest stuff? icon_rolleyes.gif

The only games that would be worth upgrading for (to me) already run fine. So for me it would just be a huge waste of money. I'm gonna wait a while.

It is a sweet game. But, its spolit by a few things. The last mission, TOOOOO hard hehe. More importantly online gamers Ive encounted, Im all fro role play and getting into character but the abuse, verbal lashings and racist words, one with N seeming most popular by tiny teens not old enough to buy the game. Seems to many think theyre really are gangster which similar to Saints Row 2, IS REALLY REALLY ANNOYING ONLINE. whistle.gif

I have a intel core 2 quad Q6600, is it good with 2 Gb of RAM and a Sapphire x1550 512 Mb RAM to play this game?

I have a intel core 2 quad Q6600, is it good with 2 Gb of RAM and a Sapphire x1550 512 Mb RAM to play this game?

Not with that video card. Good luck playing with that video card. Upgrade it to a 4850 or 4870 (1GB variants). Also I'd upgrade the memory to 4GB as I have seen GTA IV use way more than 2GB.

A fried of mine has managed to get the game to run on his laptop with x1950.

I have to admit it was nice as a picture compilation, but definitely far from being suitable for playing wink_o.gif

A movie I made using the game-editor smile_o.gif

posterfj3.jpg

Direct Download: Coming soon.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The Majestic</span>

A hotel robbery goes wrong and the crooks are faced with trying to find a way out.

Credits:

Quote[/b] ]Aljdfildasjfilj

Ins1d3r LV

Wolferino

Loud Ninja

LaGgy_42o

Evolvedbullet

SorestPanda

Amusechris

Technomagez

Trustingsoup

xARx Outlaw

Athlon

BLSmith2112

Programs used:

GTA IV Video Editor

Sony Vegas

Media rights granted by the composer & president of Immediate Music himself, Yoav Goren.

Spread this around if you enjoyed it! smile_o.gif

Yup, as far the best gta4 movie I have seen thumbs-up.gif

Nothing amazing or spectacular. Just a movie of GTA IV mission. Notice the lag and the texture quality wink_o.gif. It's not bad but it just reminds me of ingame play and nothing more.

Hehe nice one,

But the AI in may be even more retarded then their ArmA collgues.

Would be the best movie if al the little stupidities were edited out. biggrin_o.gif

This is a tweak I use to be able to have all settings to highest+ 1680x1050 on my mid-range 8800GTX system, without any slowdowns:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=384473&st=0

On my 768mb card I use 650mb in the options and use -availablevidmem 0.84 with a resolution of 800x600 in options.

But I cant seem to play multi player, every time I join a room, It tells me I have been removed from the game.

How does one work this? I tried a few variations but... all ended up with either no results or 800x600 in-game resolution.

Mostly the shortcut you use to start the game interests me...