Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

Increased Server Instability Recently?

I Play Evolution on various different servers most nights. It seems to me that since the past month or maybe a bit more, server stability seems to have gone to the dogs. Nearly any server I join now ends up with "Loosing connection" message and when you go back to the lobby the server has crashed. Crashes did used to happen for sure, I would say about one in three games. But now it just seems really really bad, I cant remember the last time I was playing online and decided to stop playing myself, cause Id had enough, not because the server crashed, which happens all the time now.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it only Evolution?

Well, I have found a new server to play Evo on, Wild Aces. And guess what? not one crash in two nights. I was getting paranoid that it was a mod I was using or that it was because I play on the same server with 2 PCs behind the same external IP address.

But no, it was was just damn flaky servers.

Thank you Wild Aces for an excellent server. love the Mando additions too. notworthy.gif

Yeah there is a hell of a lot of bad desync and lagging when players JIP. Sometimes for the player joining and the players on the server..

Im not sure if they have fixed this but it does need addressing.

Saying that on the main website this has been posted:

Quote[/b] ]After version 1.14 was released, we identified with the great help of some members of the community, a few serious issues that we considered important enough to release another patch:

Vista x64 4 GB problem with ATI (some users cannot run the game)

Joining in Progress causing lag and disconnection (JIPing player can break the game for the players already ingame)

Dedicated server bandwidth control wrong (not working as intended because of bad DS framerate measurements)