Sign in to follow this  
BadBenson

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Weapons in Arma

Stalker has nice shotguns .. and ArmA desperately needs more friggin shotguns!!1  

Any luck yet getting help with the config? Maybe Q is in the mood for it *hinthint*

biggrin_o.gifpistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]BB are you also working on a Mirage F1

nope sorry...just working on a an afghan map smile_o.gif

but there are also already 2 versions of the mirage in arma. an ofp port and one from racs project.

Quote[/b] ]Stalker has nice shotguns .. and ArmA desperately needs more friggin shotguns!

all the stalker weapons will be ported. so the spas 12 is included smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]importing stuff from others games is pretty lame imho...

and they arent even well imported...

i think your comment is pretty lame. u seem to suggest that my goal is the progress of creating weapons with zero effort itself. which would mean i import them just to impress. what's your friggin problem?! does it really offend you people if someone makes somethin that non original?! crazy_o.gif  about them being not imported well: i said it was just a test and i'm getting help from others to get them well ingame.

i just don't get what that attitude some people are showing here is about. i mean what the f is wrong? if u don't like the idea then f the hell off of this thread. i hope my "very original afghan map" pleases the communities whiners  expectations so the damn negative comments will stop!!!

if i wasn't that drunk i wouldn't even have answered. but f****** hell. i just don't f care what u think. if u don't want it don't download it. i just don't get the purpose of those comments...nobody forces u to like it + i never wanted any credit for that it's just u dumb whiners who have nothing better to do but expressing all their negativity here...on a f board for a f game. think about it for a second and you'll realize how f LAME U ARE B****.

that's all

so pls everybody who thinks that this is a worthless project: STFU nobody cares about u grateless sucker's opinion.

u guys should be thankful for every addon u get for F***** FREE!!! damnit i'm so f****** pissed biggrin_o.gif

I can see your point but it could probably have been put a tad more eloquently hehe

regarding the models however, I'm liking the look of the spas though as with the others do you plan on tweaking the textures? they all look rather...shiny?

"eloquently"? there's a time and a place for that. but believe me it wasn't now and here. people need to realize how pointless all that shitting on other people's stuff is...it just stinks not more and not less.

and as long as u get the point...it's all good. that's what it's all about in communication. wink_o.gif

today's kids (me myself) get everything pumped up there asses. it's all a matter of respect...sounds like in a gangster movie...but still true

ANSWER: if it doesn't look right ingame it'll be tweaked...

Mate, go for it - I'll support the pack - people are free to download ot not download. I think the FN2000 would be especially great to use.

If people are worried about the quality, they can at least use them for enemy weaps, and so on!

Go for it

Stew pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ] think your comment is pretty lame. u seem to suggest that my goal is the progress of creating weapons with zero effort itself. which would mean i import them just to impress. what's your friggin problem?! does it really offend you people if someone makes somethin that non original?! crazy_o.gif about them being not imported well: i said it was just a test and i'm getting help from others to get them well ingame.

i just don't get what that attitude some people are showing here is about. i mean what the f is wrong? if u don't like the idea then f the hell off of this thread. i hope my "very original afghan map" pleases the communities whiners expectations so the damn negative comments will stop!!!

if i wasn't that drunk i wouldn't even have answered. but f****** hell. i just don't f care what u think. if u don't want it don't download it. i just don't get the purpose of those comments...nobody forces u to like it + i never wanted any credit for that it's just u dumb whiners who have nothing better to do but expressing all their negativity here...on a f board for a f game. think about it for a second and you'll realize how f LAME U ARE B****.

i take the B**** as an offense, thank you...

and yes.. i think ports are lame... why because people who do ports get approval they basically arent supposed to..

and im not talking about the importing and cfg part, but the models.. everyone goes like whoa they look good!!

ok.. but the importer didnt create them.. so its like wearing someone others hard earned feathers, cause importing a modell isnt really hard work..

im fine if youre doing tests with it and dont have a problem with you.. but i´m pretty pissed off of the communities attitude with such things... and no i wont download them.. dont worry...

*skol!

Importing the models and textures is ZERO EFFORT in my book.

This is exactly what I have to do after I finish my model and make all the maps.

It takes so little time I do not even mention this stage and even that you've done wrong.

And you don't even have the time to make a config.

BTW:

Do you even have PERMISSION?

Stalker is copyrighted. crazy_o.gif

I don't remember anybody giving Linker Split this kind of hard time, and he used vegetation models and textures imported from Crysis! Maybe you guys should lighten up a bit here. Not everybody has the time to make complicated 3d models and all their associated maps. It's great that some people do, but there's no reason to discourage somebody from what's essentially their learning project.

The team that made Stalker has been okay with others using their models for educational use, as long as they don't make money from the work.

I say keep on, I don't know how to config, or set up muzzle points or anything in O2, so if this helps you learn, by all means continue!

Quote[/b] ]The team that made Stalker has been okay with others using their models for educational use, as long as they don't make money from the work.

Wheres the education putting the stalker weapons into arma??

Quote[/b] ]I don't remember anybody giving Linker Split this kind of hard time, and he used vegetation models and textures imported from Crysis!

cause everyone had orgasmic spasms , drooling over the imported stuff..

i dont remember if he actually had permission... shouldve checked out when i was at crytek..

anyway.

releasing game sources (model, texture, parts or the whole game) and porting them can be equally set to piracy, be aware of that.

do you think all people on this board here have bought stalker?

i dont think so

Why it started to be soooo important to flame and whine about peoples idea's and addon's... I dont remember people in this community being so narrow-minded and childish..

So leave the people alone, let them make their addons and if you dont like them or their method (import, copy-paste...) so stop read the thread...

I dont know jack about making addons, i see a whole lot of addons where i dont like the concept or the design, or whatever, and these addons i just dont download... Instead of flaming the indiviual...  

And my suggestions is that this thread now focus on the man's addon and not on the flaming of his methods...

goodnight.gif

well all i say is go for it and do we a combat shotgun for the game huh.gif and the FN2000 we need it for the game i have it as a unlock for bf2 nice gun

I usually have a strong pro-copyright statement to add to this kind of discussion, but since there hasn't ever been an attempt to claim that these models are anything but a conversion... meh. As plaintiff put it as well, they've basically given everyone the right to use their stuff, so long as it's not for profit. Since this is educational and non-profit anyway, I'm pretty sure that this slips through one or more copyright loopholes.

Besides, he's just trying out some model conversions and asking for help. If you don't want to help, you have every right to state your point. But hammering it in and hijacking the thread is crossing the line of "good taste".

Didn't GSC give permission to use their stuff?

You're not gonna tell me they wrote "you can use our stuff" and that's the whole licence.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Source please.

The ommision of this subject and lack of response are two red flags allready. I am surprised he did not post a link in his first post.

Quote[/b] ]And my suggestions is that this thread now focus on the man's addon
What work? Did you see screenshots?

hey people,

How about stfu all, and let the guy do as he pleases.

This thread is turning hostile for only 1 reason. the post doesnt fit in certain peoples perspective of Modding Arma, who start replying with their opinions.

And that is eventually ending up in rants & endless loop conversations.

Whatever people do with models, its their responsibility not yours.

If you dont like ports - so be it. if you dont, then dont friggen start replying in that thread.

If there is a addon package for download, then it might be time to ask about the legitimacy/permissions of the addon.

So can we please start try to respect eachothers thoughts & ideas?

thank you.

Quote[/b] ]You're not gonna tell me they wrote "you can use our stuff" and that's the whole licence.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Source please.

It's funny that you didn't raise such a stink about this in MechaStalin's BTR thread, otherwise you would know.

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.p....ec_id=1

You can find the discussion in the BTR thread here.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....6;st=15

This is apparently good enough for BIS to allow the addon.

Quote[/b] ]

The ommision of this subject and lack of response are two red flags allready. I am surprised he did not post a link in his first post.

It's probably not there because this information is a matter of public record and it is widely known.

Quote[/b] ]

What work? Did you see screenshots?

He has provided screen shots on his first post.  I hope that helps.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/35296 i not the first one

Quote[/b] ]approval they basically arent supposed to

i think that's the essential point here.

u should realize that not everyone is making addons for approval. and for me your very emotional (yes i tended to that also rofl.gif ) reactions just shows that all that this is about is competition.

u seem to think i just wanna impress with no effort. i can just say that the fact that i'm working on a bigscale island proves u wrong. i as i repeatedly tried to explain just love those models and want them in arma. if u can't get over it then go hang yourselves cuz the whining slowly starts to annoy me!

the permission issue is just a poor point u put into this eventhough it has nothing to do with the actual reason for this aggression.

Quote[/b] ]What work? Did you see screenshots?
Quote[/b] ]And you don't even have the time to make a config.

zzzZZZ

could u atleast use facts to make a fool of yorself?! pls

just a matter of aesthetics for me.

so now i think it's all said. some guys whine because they're jealous of those nice models (suprisingly some of them are weapon modelers icon_rolleyes.gif ) and the rest (fortunatly) realize how pointless it all is...

@plaintiff1: thx for the effort buddy. but unfortunatly this isn't about facts wink_o.gif

The thread is not about your models because there is nothing to say about them. You will not fix the models or work on them. I would suggest some things but you started by saying you don't accept any constructive critisizm (you will not work on models).

EDIT: I will underline it for you:

Funny how after calling Nephilm lame b*** you suddenly retreat to your corner and play a victim.

Where I live this is disrespectfull and makes you look childish.

You are wrong to assume it's not about facts. Copyrights are a sensitive issue in OFP/ArmA community.

And on poor quality of your addon and little effort you put in it you in practice agree... So where is this a personal attack?

If telling people they should care more and work harder is offending then I appologise.

Don't like your works being called lame? I never had a problem with that, just work harder or take a break.

Plantiff, I don't allways check the forums.

Finally... anyone has the right to complain about your addon being of poor quality. Where do people get this weird notion they can escape critisizm by simply saying they put no effort in their model. How does that work?

Why you attack people for just saying they are tired of imports from games that are years old? Ports never work unless there is effort involved.

If you have no time then logically speaking it should take longer to make an addon. But I find it's quite the opposite in ArmA. It takes me months to make anything but some people who seem to have less time do it much faster.

Edit: cute how u now fall back on your only plausible point wink_o.gif yeah true i offended him cuz his straight negativity made me mad. so what! what have u to do with that since all your other points were just the cream for your lousy pie?!

Quote[/b] ]but you started by saying you don't accept any constructive critisizm (you will not work on models).

never said that dude. u should stop polishing your ego in here. it's ridiculous.

Quote[/b] ]poor quality of your addon

this is not the end result. everybody realizes it but u. it was a test to seehow it looks ingame.

Quote[/b] ]Don't like your works being called lame?

not my work dude. ONLY the fact i plan to port was the point.

Quote[/b] ]Finally... anyone has the right to complain about your addon being of poor quality. Where do people get this weird notion they can escape critisizm by simply saying they put no effort in their model. How does that work?

you really are making up things from your mind...that's funny. i never refused critisizm. i just reacted on the statement that porting is lame.

i'm sure this all is more sensitive for u guys than for me.

Quote[/b] ]Plantiff, I don't allways check the forums.

and next time u should take his advice instead of making this "discussion" something it isn't. and now crawl back in your hole before u make it all worse.

and before i forget: sorry for calling your lil girl a b****. i take that back. he just someone with nothing better to do but coming here calling the whole progress of porting lame. something better to do would've been giving some actual constructive critisizm. pointless in that stage of progress but stil better wink_o.gif

Let the man alone, if he has to be hanged then let the 'supposed' people be in charge of, otherwise, pass your way as long as you aren't directly concerned by the issue in question.

I see no point in insisting as this will not change anything in a constructive way.

And after all, with no hypocrisy, he is not the first one to convert models from another game to make it fit with OFP/ArmA engine standards, many people have previously carried out that and I rarely noticed similar hostile reactions than the ones encountered within this thread.

Regards,

TB

Again, I've never noticed it, not for the BTR-70 or Linker Split's tropic island (Which he did paste part of an email from EA giving him permission to use the models).

And yeah, there is some learning involved in importing weapon models. He could learn how to config, do basic edits to create a muzzle flash, retex, I learned what little I know about 3d models by ripping apart others' work.

Quote[/b] ]And yeah, there is some learning involved in importing weapon models.

sure...and i hope this will happen. but as my first post clearly says my goal was to make the first step only. of course i'm gonna stay involved in the developement (oh sorry...the lame porting, getting approval i/we basically arent supposed to). but i already have people helping me. and the plan was more to have experts working on the fancy stuff so the addon-quality fits the model's quality. i just don't think i can provide this alone...sorry

btw.: i'm actually able to model but as we all (except some special ones among us) know that's not the plan...so

Quote[/b] ] yeah true i offended him cuz his straight negativity made me mad.

what do you want to hear/read? its better to be direct and upstraight than trying to say things through the flowers...

and aside from that.. its not "him" but "her"...

well fine if GSC allows their content to be scattered over the internet, theyre morons.. easy as that.

why dont you just port all of the stalker content so people can play a stalker derriviate for free? i guess they wouldnte care if they loose several grand of money..

Quote[/b] ]Again, I've never noticed it, not for the BTR-70 or Linker Split's tropic island (Which he did paste part of an email from EA giving him permission to use the models).

you know.. people dont spend 24/7 of their life in these forums...

you know i dont have anything against you personally benson, but rather towards people in the community who appraise authors of the imports in the same way as people who actually build them form scratch.

and honestly i dont see the educational part in porting these few models. whats the benefit? you arent even gonna cfg it.

most of the models have been done already in a decent quality by various authors, so instead of endorsing them and paying some respect, you get on with such crap...

great.... from an artists point of view (which i am) thats like a slap in the face..

Quote[/b] ]but rather towards people in the community who appraise authors of the imports in the same way as people who actually build them form scratch.

What's wrong with supporting someone? He can make what he wants to make. You can use it, or you can leave it. I don't use every addon that is made, and sure sometimes the quality is bad. People aren't going to improve, however, if you de-motivate them. Everyone starts out somewhere. Creating an addon from scratch is definitely a feat, but you don't have to create it from scratch. The best designers are thieves. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]and honestly i dont see the educational part in porting these few models. whats the benefit? you arent even gonna cfg it.

Do people necessarily need to be educated by what they do? He's doing it for fun and for free. It's his own personal project. I gain some educational benefit from doing complex stuff with ArmA, but certainly not as much as I do in an actual school. Sure, if you want to have a job doing just this than you'll want to become better at it. Educate yourself. But he's not doing it as a job, he's doing it as a hobby.

The way some veterans of this forum talk down to newbies is quite unfair. It makes for a very unpleasant atmosphere. Let him do what he wants. If he does something wrong, he'll suffer the consequences and learn from it. If he does something right, he'll become motivated to improve. I say full steam ahead, Benson and good luck with it. smile_o.gif