Sign in to follow this  
eble

Road Bike speed?

I'm trying to increase the speed of the dirt bikes in arma the normal maxSpeed = 150; etc arn't working.

I've also gone as far as changing the landvehicle speed values all to no effect.

I'm know I'm missing something simple.

any ideas?

hmmm ... odd.

Maybe try playing / defining;

Quote[/b] ]terrainCoef = xxxx;

Base = 3

Car = 6

BRDM = 2

Worst case maybe its something to do with Dampers;

Quote[/b] ] damperSize = 0.100000;

damperForce = 1;

damperDamping = 3;

Cant see much else in the configs ....

Doing this via config? script?

How are you determining that it isn't working?

I have messed with speeds of quite a few vehicles(config), just tinkering around, sometimes its really hard to tell but they are going faster. When I was tinkering with RHIB's I ended up using a stopwatch to make my determination, just so I could be sure.   icon_rolleyes.gif

Doing this via config? script?

How are you determining that it isn't working?

I have messed with speeds of quite a few vehicles(config), just tinkering around, sometimes its really hard to tell but they are going faster. When I was tinkering with RHIB's I ended up using a stopwatch to make my determination, just so I could be sure.   icon_rolleyes.gif

I used the config code as Gnat said, throws the speed up on the screen.

I'm only doing config changes so I wasn't going down the script road.

Managed to get them upto 100  - still some more to go   smile_o.gif

Southy

Gave up trying to use the config to change the speeds, went straight down the script route.

I've used a modified afterburner script and changed it to the turbo script works great smile_o.gif

Southy

What I have tryed it seems 120km/h is the top speed for land vehicles. It doesn't matter what you put as maxSpeed in the config.  After it is set over 120, it has no effect on the top speed. The only thing what it affects then is the gear settings. If you have set it 120, the autogear system uses maybe 3-4 gears, but if you put it say 1000, it might use only one gear. There might be similar limit for air unit speed, but not tested.

terrainCoef affects how much slower it can move (top speed) offroad. It doens't seem to do anything for tanks. I haven't experienced dampers settings to have any (or at least noticable) effect for speed on even ground (of course if you go over bumpy road, softer dampers might keep the wheels more contact with ground and so better speed).

The script system is bad in the way that it gives often bit different speed in different computers.

yeah scripting isn't the best solution in testing in multi yesterday I was falling off the map after going 0 to 2000 mph in 1 sec.

I've not corected it but was very funny while it was happening.

turbo kicks in at 50 and rises to 175 nicley, so far the various results on different computers is proving a pain.

Cheers

got this one cracked now, in multi the bike can hit 300, whithout blasting off the map.

Script works like a charm, I've learnt a few things that I will be implementing into the aricraft addons to stop the afterburner problems with them in multi.

Southy