Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Naval Units

Yep, Old Bear is correct.

But for ArmA, I didn't think anyone would be interested in "Lower Foils" and a "Raise Foils" action menu options to determine if the craft goes fast, or not.

This way is simpler for me and the user.

In real life (when it was in service with Italy and Japan), with foils up it could do only ~6 knots on a diesel engine. With foils down and running the gas turbine engine it could obviously drive itself out of the water and run at much much higher speed. Range then became an issue biggrin_o.gif

awesome, would be great to add naval units to warfare and of course with a ship yard too, nice stuff!

Very nice Gnat. Cool to see some surface combatants for a change.

One idea maybe:

I realized it was really hard to hit aircrafts with the main gun. Don't ships like this one have computer guided aim (and stabilized gun/assisted targeting).

Would there be a way to reproduce this in game, give the gun some auto aim feature (but not just increase the accuracy of the 2nd crewman/gunner) that would lock and track aerial (and surface for that matter) targets?

And would this be realistic and add to the ingame experience?

Why don't add a double MG in the deck (or in the cannon, like a tank)?

Isn't this a 75mm Super Rapid OTO Melara gun in the front? I am pretty sure they have a AA mode.

if anybody want to add an AA mode gun then Mando has the answer. Theres one with full lock on and target tracking..

So now the ball is on me: i already contacted gnat but i also want to show the community my new textures. Working normal and specular maps. Maybe i will make them to be some more used looking textures. Unfortunately the texture of the deck depends on the tower, so i tried the asphalt looking things known from frigates... but the radar etc would looks like a crumbled street...

PIC 1 |PIC 2 | PIC 3| PIC 4|

Also news on http://www.armabase.de

smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:Darkblue'>Frigate Pack Released Today</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Beta 3 by Gnat</span></span>

Frig_A.jpg

Frig_B.jpg

See first Post which is updated.

Have fun.

Superb Gnat.

Downloading this now !

[TAO] Kremator

PS pity that I have so mch work to do that I won't be able to give them a LOT of attention - but I definately WILL try them !

This is Great! Thank a lot for all the Ships for ARMA. Takes the game to a whole new level.

yay.gif

Amazing that such a small download can be such a huge addition to the game. Awesome work ! Thank you, thank you, thank you.   w8qohg.jpg

Now I only wish BIS makes it possible to land on moving ships in Arma2...

notworthy.gif

Most playable ships of OFP are back. Good news smile_o.gif Btw, I hope next release will contain armed version of Ka-27.

excellent job gnat. Only thing is if you get out of driver or gunner position you spawn on the deck and the ship moves without you. Other than that keep up the good wrk.

What would be the INIT script to have the KA27 sit on the Ships Landing Pad?

This doesn't seem to work:

"this setPos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +10]"

Thanks

Did you try adjusting the height (the last number)? You must adjust this depending on where the ship is in the water. It's just some wierd issue with game engine.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This doesn't seem to work:

"this setPos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +10]"

"this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 10]" doesn't work ? ...works here.

Again it may or may not work depending on where the ship is placed. As in OFP, this command over water is affected by the underwater terrain beneath it. At least this has been my experience. For anyone having trouble simply adjust the height (the last number in that init box script) and it'll work. Just remove the quote marks at the very beginning and end.

It should be:

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 10]

To Gnat: Overall fantastic job. Thanks for finally releasing these great ships and bringing the OHP from OFP into ArmA.

The only thing I'd suggest is maybe putting a few windows into the cargo section of the KA-27 and maybe like someone else said, making an armed version with either torpedoes or for shore-suppression using rocket pods. But I'm really glad that you added the KA-27 as it really makes the Russian frigates more complete and useful in missions as now I can land Spetsnaz from these ships while they deliver fire support against shore defenses and provide air cover with its SAM's.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>