Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

ww4 anims beta

Those extra corps sound really good, will be expecting any extra weapons besides the new integrated islands?

And more weapons and variations of them to fit the new incoming army corps.

smile_o.gif

Oh i do apologise i habit of scan reading, i cant wait for the new beta release. I have done a few mission conversions of standard ofp missions, i will upload them today.  smile_o.gif

Updated the mission pack

smile_o.gif

WW4 Mission Pack

Can't wait, hope you managed to include the new crouch sidestepping anims. smile_o.gif

BETA 11 available

A very big update that took me way too much hours to complete wink_o.gif

Download links (any help on hosting would be appreciated)

---------------

As usual those are temporary hosts, so download while you can

http://files.filefront.com/beta11WW4rar/;13273092;/fileinfo.html

http://superuploader.net/0bd071347706-beta11WW4-rar.html

http://dl.free.fr/gsU9qaPzA

http://www.zshare.net/download/55533163e3279748/

http://rapidshare.com/files/197420261/beta11WW4.rar.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ABAVQWFQ

http://www.easy-share.com/1903631231/beta11WW4.rar

http://www.filefactory.com/file/afh97a3/n/beta11WW4_rar

http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=47c1d3d

http://uploaded.to/?id=p0lfu8

Hotfix to give NVG to everyone supposed to have one

----------------------------------------------------

So get the small following archive :

http://files.filefront.com/ww4b11HotFixrar/;13273541;/fileinfo.html

http://superuploader.net/843011347920-ww4b11HotFix-rar.html

Take the updated files from the small archive :

ww4_wshad.pbo

ww4_eshad.pbo

ww4_wdel.pbo

ww4_evit.pbo

Place them into the ww4 Addons folder, i mean in \@ww4b11\Addons\

Overwrite/replace the files of the same name.

What's new in beta 11

---------------------

ADDED : bunch of troops for west, east and resistance side, all available in woodland or desert camo, and their corresponding mission editor groups too (F2) .

-West Marines : inspired by the USMC troops in look-like Woodland Marpat and Desert Marpart.

-East Marines : inspired by russian naval infantry, in look-like Woodland VSR and some grey/brown russian camo for desert

-West ShadowOps : inspired by BIS blackops, a more modern looking version, Black for Woodland, and green "net" for the desert

-East ShadowOps : inspired by RHS GRU troops with their hood, a kind of KMLK for woodland and a tan for desert

-West Specops : inspired by some delta force picture : woodland BDU for woodland wink_o.gif , and ACU for desert

-East Specops : now using the inspired by Vityaz russian troops in woodland Partizan look-alike and brown partizan-like for desert

-East Anti-Terror, existed before, but now is using troop inspired by russian omon, in Blue tiger stripe for woodland, and OGB-like camo for desert

-Everon Alliance : possible modern evolution of the troops defending the alliance of Everon-Kolgujev-Malden group of island, woodland is in swiss TAZ90-like and in some unknown camo inspired by some random photo of unknown troops on google.

-Mercs groups : inspired by various photos, woodland use black/brown camo and TtSKo-like , desert use multicam and australian DPCU-like

-Guerrilla : troops are using for woodland a german Flektarn-like camo and for the desert they use a light version of a DPM-like one

ADDED : retextured desert (with Resistance textures) version of Everon, Malden and Nogova credits to CJE (they are added, they do not replace any island).

Islands are integrated in the mod, so removing the anims.pbo from the mod Dta folder will remove their cutscenes.

ADDED : bunch of weapons, list, ammo + weapon classnames available in the WeaponClass.txt inside of @ww4beta11 mod folder.

There are 76 weapons in there (all binarized), all reworked in O2 to get their lod system matching my troops, fixed the lighting (correct usage of smooth and sharp O2 function) fixed or added those lods when they were bad or where not done by original author, and merged some textures when way too much were used for a weapon.

MLOD version of those weapons will be available in next modder ressource pack.

TWEAKED : some anims, the patrol (weapon on back) now has 3 speed (walk, jog and run)

TWEAKED : normal and light rifles have the usual weight no change for their handling, light machineguns are heavier than them, heavy machineguns and heavy sniper rifles are even more heavier.

TWEAKED : some of the existing camo, by example the ACU is completely redone... again, this time i really like the camo tone

TWEAKED : the East anti-terror troops use now totally new models in comparison to previous beta, the previous models used for them are now in use for the East specops corps, they fit better there.

TWEAKED : the credit list of the intro cutscene is now longer to include all contributor, direct or indirect (i will have to find a longer music)

FIXED : things here and there in existing models, anims and configs etc.. way too much for me to remember.

To install this newly released beta 11 :

----------------------------------------

0- install everything at your own risk, i take no responsability if the mod send your computer in the twilight zone or something else.

1-DELETE your existing @ww4test directory in your OFP install, i named the beta 11 differently "@ww4b11" so you don't just overwrite things and cause mission making compatibility problems.

2-from the downloaded .rar, extract the folder named @ww4b11

3-put the folder named @ww4b11 in your OFP install, usually

...Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\

So you would have

...Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@ww4b11\

4-launch OFP with a shortcut enabling the ww4beta11 mod folder

If you never used any kind of mods, better you check there :

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/modfolders

The modified shortcut would use

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=@ww4b11.

in the end of the target line.

You can add a -nomap and a -nosplash if you want.

To avoid problems with the beta, DO NOT MIX mods and addons, no other mod should be enabled if it has a main "bin" sub folder inside, or just don't ask why something does not work with mod A or mod B, i don't know and don't have the time to care.

If you use the mod correctly there should be no problem.

Forgot to give everyone in the West and East Specops and Shadow ops corps their NV googles (only the "saboteur" unit had one in the release)

Here is a bit of hotfix (not a bug, just give NVG to every units of the new corps that should have one).

So get the small following archive :

http://files.filefront.com/ww4b11HotFixrar/;13273541;/fileinfo.html

http://superuploader.net/843011347920-ww4b11HotFix-rar.html

Take the updated

ww4_wshad.pbo

ww4_eshad.pbo

ww4_wdel.pbo

ww4_evit.pbo

Place them into the ww4 Addons folder, i mean in \@ww4b11\Addons\

And overwrite/replace the files of the same name.

That's all.

Sanc, could you please spam some piccehs here? I like to know what I'm getting into, what with my shouse internet. Cheers.

I am not any good with screenshots and they don't show any of the new features anyways, but here are some of the numerous corps:

snap010jh2.th.jpg

snap011nc3.th.jpg

snap018ca9.th.jpg

snap027gf7.th.jpg

snap032vp4.th.jpg

snap036gp4.th.jpg

EDIT : DO NOT USE DESERT NOGOVA

I don't understand why, but everytime you select it for mission editing, this island will not load and will crash OFP.

What is un-understandable is that when i implemented it , it worked, and i did not touched it anymore until release.

if i can figure out why suddenly this specific island does not work, it will be there in beta 12, but if i can't, it will be removed.

EDIT 2 :

If you want to remove Desert Nogova from the island list (so you're not tempted to launch it and crash), here are the 2 steps :

1-in the \@ww4b11\Addons\ folder , delete WW4_DesertNOE.pbo

2-once done, open config.cpp in the \@ww4b11\bin\ folder (you can open it with wordpad/notepad without a problem, it is the same as a text file)

locate the line :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">list[]={"Noe","WW4_DesertAbel","WW4_DesertEden","WW4_DesertNoe"};

and replace it with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">list[]={"Noe","WW4_DesertAbel","WW4_DesertEden"};

that's all.

Hey,

Just wanted to say the obvious: Youre animations are quality awesomness. I have a request, Im not exactly what youre intent is for the animations you make, but, I was wondering if you could implement some animations styles from other packs that increase a soldiers mobility in game. FFURSX, has the dive ability while sprinting then hitting the prone key. Maybe not the most realistic, but still is semi relevant tactical manuver. As well as swimming, this obviously highly increases mobility in game. FFUR has this, as well as that ninja addon(the creator of that). I dont like how you can shoot while swimming, because I dont know if you ever swam with gear on before, but its not easy, let alone popping off russians while treading water. FFUR has the all three speads on all the movements (IE: civil no gun, patrol, AT, at ready). This isnt huge, but its nice to have the capability, ecspicially as a unarmed soldier. I think thats about all the relevant anims Ive experienced in the past. Let me know if Im outta line with these requests(used to be a modder myself), but like I said, I would like to combine functionality and mobility in the game, along with the obvious tactical capabilities that derive from the added anims.

Being a previous 11B20 in the army, Youre anims are spot on tactical wise from what Ive seen so far, especially reloading. I appreciate youre work.

Fantastic new release, going to be kept busy converting more missions to use these and may convert the OFP and Res campaigns smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]FFURSX, has the dive ability while sprinting then hitting the prone key. Maybe not the most realistic, but still is semi relevant tactical manuver.

I actually wanted to implement a diving when you are sprinting and hit the prone key, but with time i just forgot about it.

Maybe it will appear in beta 12.

Quote[/b] ]As well as swimming, this obviously highly increases mobility in game. FFUR has this, as well as that ninja addon(the creator of that).

The problem with swimming is that it involves built-in eventhandlers scripts for the units, something i want to avoid as much as possible.

In the mission i made i often noticed conflicts with missions scripts and some scripts that are built-in eventhandlers in a soldier config.

That's why i don't want to add built-in scripts for the soldiers. In ArmA Solus seemed to have fixed the problem with his extended eventhandler addon, but for OFP there is no such thing, so i will not include scripts in the config of the units.

It sadly means no swimming.

But in a mission you can implement the swimming script by just launching it in the init line of a soldier.

I don't know the lines to type, but soldiers eventhandlers in a mission are the way to go, never in a config.

For beta 12 i will add the swimming script , but to have it working you will need to add the line i will provide in the init line of a soldier in the mission editor.

That will be the best compromise, as this way it will never conflict with any mission scripting.

Quote[/b] ]Fantastic new release, going to be kept busy converting more missions to use these and may convert the OFP and Res campaigns

Notice that the Everon Alliance use your FAL models (that i reworked to fix some model problems), so they can fit very well along your new Nogova troops.

Looking really good! I had 120+ troops of different types all near to one another - no lag. Looking forward to more!

Thanks, again, for your good work!

The supressor on the M249 is mounted rong it should be covering the flash hider not glued to the front of it:)

Oh are you gonna rework the pistol walking animation it realy dosn't fit in with the rest of your animations?

Nice job!

STGN

Thanks all for the nice words, i hope you will enjoy setting up battles between those various and numerous troops. And possibly share some missions for other people to enjoy.

Quote[/b] ]The supressor on the M249 is mounted rong it should be covering the flash hider not glued to the front of it:)

Oops, not noticed i badly moved the suppressor for the M249.

On the beta12 todo list.

At least that's something easy to fix.

Quote[/b] ]Oh are you gonna rework the pistol walking animation it realy dosn't fit in with the rest of your animations?

new pistol animations are planned, but considering the insane amount of time animating can take, that's not for tomorrow.

But it will come.

Now a word about the modularity.

Not only you can remove any of the 15 corps you don't want in your WW4 mod, but you can use them in another mod if you don't want to use the WW4 one.

To do so, in the @ww4b11\Addons\ folder, take :

ww4_wpn.pbo

WW4_Sounds.pbo

ww4_trp.pbo

WW4_Magazines.pbo

And place them in whatevermod\Addons\ folder you want.

Now that's the basic (the troops and weapons models/textures and their sounds) files that are common for every troops.

Now for the corps themselves :

You have to take the troops you want and leave the ones you don't want, always from the @ww4b11\Addons\ folder :

ww4_earmy.pbo----- this one is adding the East Army

ww4_ect.pbo-------- this one is adding the East Antiterror

ww4_enav.pbo------ this one is adding the East Marines

ww4_eshad.pbo----- this one is adding the East Shadow ops

ww4_evit.pbo-------- this one is adding the East Special ops

ww4_rever.pbo------ this one is adding the Resistance Everon Alliance

ww4_rguer.pbo------this one is adding the Resistance Guerrilla

ww4_rinsu.pbo------ this one is adding the Resistance Insurgency

ww4_rmerc.pbo----- this one is adding the Resistance Mercs groups

ww4_rmili.pbo------- this one is adding the Resistance Militias

ww4_warmy.pbo---- this one is adding the West Army

ww4_wct.pbo------- this one is adding the West Antiterror

ww4_wdel.pbo------ this one is adding the West Special ops

ww4_wmar.pbo----- this one is adding the West Marines

ww4_wshad.pbo---- this one is adding the West Shadow Ops

And place the ones you want to have in whatevermod\Addons folder in which you have already put previously :

ww4_wpn.pbo

WW4_Sounds.pbo

ww4_trp.pbo

WW4_Magazines.pbo

Then those troops will appear in the mission editor of whatever mod you have installed them into.

If you just want to remove some corps from the WW4 modpack itself, just delete the pbo that are adding them.

MODDER RESSOURCES PACKAGE NO4

Download mirrors (temporary hosting, so download it while it is there) :

http://superuploader.net/036a3c350443-WW4ressource4-rar.html

This ressource pack 4 features the MLOD version of all the models from the current ww4 units and weapons included in the beta11 release.

In the beta 11 they were of course all binarized in ODOL for optimisation and performance.

Good mod so far - just wondering if you are looking at any death anims - the ones from FFUR & LibMod are fantastic.

Your units are really good BTW!

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

-Chapman

Good mod so far - just wondering if you are looking at any death anims - the ones from FFUR & LibMod are fantastic.

Your units are really good BTW!

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

-Chapman

From what I know, isn't LIBmod using some 'config system' for anims so the soldier will always die in a different way ?

whatever it is - I have to say it is some of the best death anims out there - it is the only reason I still have that mod loaded on my system!

-Chapman

New death animations are not planned in the ww4 modpack, at least not until a very very long time, i have more things on my todo list that require my focus.

In previous release i fixed it for the units reported to have it, but i noticed after this beta 11 release that the bug was in fact more widespread as it is featured for a lot more soldiers :

In beta 12, hopefully all the chinstraps showing in 1st person view when inside a vehicle bug will be fixed.

Great job on the new release, Sanctuary, I love it.

However I've encountered another small gameplay annoyance.  Lying down while crouch walking in any direction seems to trigger the sprint-to-prone animation. Can the config be changed to play crouch-to-prone instead? I've noticed "CombatSprintFToLying" isn't in the original BIS config, but I didn't understand how such transitions are configured yet (doesn't appear in actions, only the definition and the connections in transitionsSimple) or why crouch walking uses it. For now I've simply disabled it, but it would be great if transitions such as "CrouchWalkFToLying" could be used. Could you perhaps help me with that?

Good report, i have not noticed this problem.

Will be fixed in beta12 , but while waiting you can fix it yourself by doing the following :

Look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...",1,"CombatSprintFToLying","Lying",1};

After the final 1 and before the }; add the following :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">,"CrouchWalkF","CrouchWalkFToLying",1,"CrouchWalkFToLying","Lying",1

So it looks like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">",1,"CombatSprintFToLying","Lying",1,"CrouchWalkF","CrouchWalkFToLying",1,"CrouchWalkFToLying","Lying",1};

Then looks for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class LyingToCombat:Default

BEFORE that line, copy paste :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CrouchWalkFToLying:Default

{

actions="LyingActions";

file="klekleh.rtm";

speed=-1;

looped=0;

onLandEnd=1;

disableWeapons=1;

soundEnabled=1;

interpolateTo[]={"LyingDying",1};

soundOverride="laydown";

soundEdge1=0.1;

soundEdge2=0.1;

connectFrom[]={"CrouchWalkF",0.5,"CrouchWalkLF",0.5,"CrouchWalkRF",0.5,"CrouchWalkL",0.5,"CrouchWalkR",0.5,"CrouchWalkRB",0.5,"CrouchWalkLB",0.5,"CrouchWalkB",0.5};

connectTo[]={"Lying",0.5};

};

That should fix this problem.

beta 12 will feature airborne/paratroopers for west (woodland and ACU-like) and east (green klmk-like and brown one), and the Everon Alliance SF (french central europe-like and desert bulgaria dpm-like)

Thanks, yes, it did. I've also moved some of the interpolations for backwards walking from crouchB[] to crouchFW[] and combatB[] to combatF[] to remove the standing "hickup" when walking backwards from walking sideways.

Is there a more detailed explanation of the animation system config, transitions, interpolations etc?

No unfortunately there is no such documentation.

For me it is always a complete trial&error to see what's working, what's not working and how to get those animations getting the supposed transition and interpolations they should have.

How many of the few hairs on top of my skull i have lost in trying things that never ever worked, i lost the count.

Working on configs and especially on animations config needs a lot of aspirin.

And thanks by the way for the tips to remove that damned annoying hickup when walking and changing to some direction.

Hi stilpu would you post here or PM me the altered animation part in the .cpp?( I mean the complete class CfgMovesMC)

STGN