sanctuary

ww4 anims beta

Nice private army wink_o.gif

A little preview on what's coming in the next beta :

slo8kg.jpg

260g8rs.jpg

Nice preview mate.

@ mortyfero: It's sjb car15 IIRC.

EDIT: Hey sanc, I was wondering if it was possible to edit the "disembark" times, because it's like 1 soldier every 1.5 or seconds. And it's kinda annoying, specially if under fire. The vehicle can't stay that long dropping off soldiers before getting rpgs up their ass. In this case using the pickups IRL soldiers would just jump out. And not disembark one by one.

By config editing i don't know how it is possible.

But in mission, it is possible.

The trick is to have the vehicle to stop (so it kills none ejecting) , by example having a MOVE waypoint that has a timeout of 1 second in the 3 cases (max/min/...) where we want the disembarking to occur, then use this in the waypoint init line :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{unassignVehicle _x} foreach units NAMEOFTHEGROUP; {_x action [{EJECT},NAMEOFTHEVEHICLE]} forEach units NAMEOFTHEGROUP

This way ingame, once the vehicle reach the timedout out MOVE waypoint, it stops for 1/2 seconds, and every member of its cargo eject in the same time (the unassignvehicle line is made to prevent them to try to go inside again after ejection).

It works very well.

Using the same trick , you can use a script that will launch when a vehicle is going in COMBAT mode (as it occurs when the vehicle is aware of enemy presence) and will make it stop then eject its cargo in the same way.

Oh my god ; )

I wonder if you are going to make new optics for PK and M240.

*pushing to do new optics*

Beautiful AK 47 ; )

If anyone wants to make a M240 and a PK sight, be my guest, i am not good at all in this.

@Sanc & Jklv

About disembarkation of units...

As an option use the script I wrote for WH40K.

The vehicle slowly moves and units will disembark while moving.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/OFPWH40K/topic/656703/1/#new Deploying Cargo

Just adjust time as you need - I have aprox. 4 sec delay.

There's a video there too...

Never liked a squad popping out all at once from an armored vehicle...

Unless the vehicle has an orifice and a large tube of preparation H - then I suppose it could be possible....

If talking a p/u truck - then ya all should be able to jump out at once.

a rough first attempt at a PK sight using the same kind of BIS silhouette system

23mnak7.jpg

I took a screenshot of the PK in O2, painted the silhouette in black (as without doing it, the sight looked very bad ingame), blurried the alpha around it, but made it non blurry in the actual sight.

Then used Earl AK sight as a basis to place the silhouette correctly in comparison to the screen dimension.

I will try to improve if i can, but the result will be looking similar.

Looks great! Keep it up.

One more thing, what will be the level of AI dispersion? I think it should be a bit big to make the game more exciting.

Sanc... I wonder if you can make maps and MP missions wink_o.gif

Then this mod could turn into something extremly new to OFP. An action game but with extra realism. To have a fights in a small area something like counter strike.

I know it's another idea from my "The craziest" list, but who knows.

Quote[/b] ]One more thing, what will be the level of AI dispersion? I think it should be a bit big to make the game more exciting.

Use HD version of the weapons magazines or use the insurgency side and you'll get and see AI dispersion.

Quote[/b] ]

Sanc... I wonder if you can make maps and MP missions

That's your job now, thanks for volunteering.

Quote[/b] ]Then this mod could turn into something extremly new to OFP. An action game but with extra realism. To have a fights in a small area something like counter strike.

I know it's another idea from my "The craziest" list, but who knows.

No, OFP can't work like this, while there should be not problem for the human player, the AI in OFP is unable to do anything worthy regarding very close combat or fast paced action.

But with some creative scripting in mission, you can get some AI to have some surprising reaction and moves.

Just looks at custcene that won an OFPEC contest, very good usage of the playmove/switchmove to get the AI moving more human-like.

Hello, Sanctuary,

Here's a question about this mod: Must the mod folder be named "@ww4test" for it to work? I'm thinking of copying @ww4test and renaming it so that I have a version of this mod I can experiment with (cf. my camo faces note in the other forum), while maintaining the 'vanilla' copy of ww4test.

Thanks for your help!

@Anguis No,, Ive named my mod folder @Sanc and it works fine smile_o.gif

Just make sure inside the folder, the 3 folders are not inside each other the addons, dta, bin.  biggrin_o.gif

That OFPEC video is awesome, never seen it before. Makes my cutscenes seem worthless. Must try harder.

Loving the PK, personally I like the black silloutte style of close sight.  IM easily distracted by to much eye candy in sight lol.  "Oooh look pretty markings, ooh a shot distance gauge, DOH ive been shot"

For now you can renamed the mod folder to anything you want, the name is irrelevant.

I know in some mods , mostly involving island modifications and some pre processing SQF, changing the mod folder would lead into a non functionnal mod with lot of errors.

But as ww4 will not involve modified island or lot of scripting, you will always be able to rename the mod folder to what you want.

Quote[/b] ]

Loving the PK, personally I like the black silloutte style of close sight. IM easily distracted by to much eye candy in sight lol. "Oooh look pretty markings, ooh a shot distance gauge, DOH ive been shot"

Ideally, i want to get a silhouette of every current sight instead of the current ones.

But my poor skill at doing this will prevent the sights redoings to be completed before a lot of time, if i don't scrap the idea in the upcoming months.

So if anyone feels he can help by doing that, he is welcome to contribute.

I am very impressed with the soldiers and anims so far Sanctuary but I still play your GRAA mod. Will the ww4 anims work with GRAA by simply copy and pasting the contents of ww4 DTA into the GRAA DTA ('old' GRAA anims backed up of course)?

To get the ww4 anims working in the graa mod

-put the WW4 Anim.pbo (not anims.pbo) from the WW4 Dta folder into the GRAA Dta folder

-put the ww4_modanim.pbo from the WW4 Addons folder into the GRAA Addons folder

-Open the config.cpp of the WW4 mod (located in the bin subfolder)

Look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgMovesMC

and COPY the whole section up to the last

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

};

just before

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgAmmo

-Open the config.cpp of the GRAA mod (located in the bin subfolder)

Look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgMovesMC

and SELECT the whole section up to the last

};

just before

class CfgAmmo

Delete that section , you should be left with something like this :

GetInTank="";

GetOutTank="";

TakeFlag="";

HandGunOn="";

};

class CfgAmmo

{

access=1;

Between the }; and class CfgAmmo, paste what you copied before from the WW4 config.cpp

Once done you are finished, all the ww4 animations are now fully functionning in GRAA.

1.No, that's too difficult for my poor modelling skill to get this done and correctly mapped. Winter troops are not planned for the mod.

I remember the RHS crew addon with crew units had winter furcoat in such outfit. For the fur hat, there were screenshots on OFP.info of such units that looked like your screenshot.

2. I have a blue tiger stripe camo for one of the east upcoming troops. There is a screenshot of it in the 1st post of this thread.

Is it safe to start making missions with these now. In that i mean if I start making missions will the unit class change names in the future rendering my missions unplayable? I aleady started making missions but got a worried that i might be doing it for nothing. biggrin_o.gif

I may update some models in what has been released, but the units and weapons classes and their CfgPatches sections (the CfgPatches names are what is appearing in the addon list of a mission.sqm) should not change anymore.

So whatever i modify will not have an impact on the classes and future release will add new content with additional CfgPatches and class names that will not modify the existing ones.

Unless a bug in one of them is reported of course.

So it is safe to make mission with beta 10.

Thats good to hear, as im going to convert a few of Bis Ofp missions first smile_o.gif

For the next version, along the new troops and weapons added, i have integrated 3 islands from CJE : desert everon, desert malden and desert nogova instead of simply suggesting to download them.

The good interest of those 3 island is that they use existing OFP textures while looking very good.

Integrating them in the mod instead of just having those as normal addons by repathing them, integrating their custcenes intot he main mod anims.pbo and adding them in the preload section of the config, will allow them to be more optimised regarding ressources and loading time as they should then function like if they were native islands to the game.

Additionally that's a good way to play with all those desert versions of the ww4 troopers.

That sounds really good, that make it a good variation to some missions. are you going to add any arctic troops?  smile_o.gif

For now the main purpose is woodland+desert version of every troops i have in stock.

When i will be finished with all of them, maybe i will do some winter version.

So maybe around 2013 biggrin_o.gif

Meanwhile, if you need winter troops, there are awesome winter west and east ones in Hyakushiki latest addon pack

Sweet, although I dont have those desert islands at present only CAT_Shit_Afghanistan.  

These units are looking sharp, Ive only noticed one tiny little fault with the insurgents.  The light karky jacket has soldiers wrist pop through it.  Apart from that, flawless and inspiring.

I started work on a campaign which I hope to utilise every unit in the story line.  Using the plot line of flashbacks in time to different missions leading to a present day final mission.  Thanks to your units giving so much options and directions to go. GJ, any female models planned?  notworthy.gif