Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

ww4 anims beta

W00t thanks a lot.  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT:

I can't find any alive mirrors of the text path swap tool sad_o.gif

You can find it here link working.

and OFP.info is not anymore abandonned, the website has been recently updated.

You can find it here link working.

and OFP.info is not anymore abandonned, the website has been recently updated.

Already tried there mate. Didn't work sad_o.gif

For close range sights, Earl had a M68 Aimpoint and Reflex sight for West, and "only" a Kobra for the East.

I noticed on google some photo of russian operators that used something that looked like an Aimpoint system very similar to the us one.

2q21zz9.jpg

Apparently it is called PK-01A and can be adapted to the AK/RPK serie easily.

It looks very similar to the m68 aimpoint, with some minor differences (some parts inverted, and the tube being longer)

So to give another close range sight to the East side, allowing then for more variations, i tried to modify the Earl M68 into the PK-01A

original

29wpxdv.jpg

Result

302uttw.jpg

Filepoint mirror

Updated Woodland texture with better shadows. Upated the PASGT texture a bit better now. Included my beta 3 color desert camo as a body texture. And a new year surprice:)

STGN

Nice one,

About a multicam camo, i have one planned for the incoming mercenary themed corps.

2h5vhc2.jpg

Note : most of the swatches i painted will be available hopefully in the modder ressource pack no4.

I made a recolor of the flektarn-like camo to get the colors better according to the real thing, so the resistance-sided replacement using it will be updated in the next beta.

I redid the ACU-like camo for the desert version of the West army.

before :

2vbu2s6.jpg

after :

1znrhj7.jpg

It does not show on the screenshot, but the swatch is very cleaner now.

But what you can see on the screenshot is that this new version is recapturing the yellow-ish taint when the light is getting on the pattern, compare the bodyupper part and the cap on both screenshots to see what i mean, where the sunlight make the camo brighter .

the effect i am talking is the one shown on this photo, with the camo of the guy exposed to the sunlight.

33ve06w.jpg

That's really a difficult camo to get right ingame.

Hmm maby this has been said before but the transition animation between crouch and crouch jogging seems to be missing or incomplete.

STGN

Will give a look into this, thanks for the report.

I fixed a small typo that prevented the militia troops to have wounds texture applied.

Very nice stuff... whistle.gif

That would be really awesome if you could include marines in nomex flightsuit (tan) too. How about that?

Like in here. http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/addons/jonnymarine2.jpg

Nomex have been used by in combat very extensively during last two years, both in Iraq and Afghan. I really miss that kind of stuff in ofp.

Note that the west CT units are using green and yellow-ish monocolor camos, so making a tan monocolored one is easy as once you apply the wrinkles and use the result on soldiers easily built with the resources i provide it is not rocket science to have a soldier in tan camo.

Some are planned for the recon corps for west and east, when they will be released.

Great work on multicam. I am glad that I will be able to play in polish camo wink_o.gif

Also ACU looks great now.

I have a question.

Is HD effect attached to weapons or it can be used with BIS weapons too by adding few scripts?

"HD effect" will be attached to magazines.

Basically, as i am building the ww4 weapons config on a JAM3 basis, each mags come in 2 version : the normal and the HD one.

This way, if you want a soldier to have HD weapons, just remove the magazines he has and give him the corresponding HD mags .

Basically up to what i have currently, the classes names for weapons and mags are :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">WW4_M16

WW4_W556_30Bmag

WW4_W556_30BHDmag

WW4_M16Acog

WW4_W556_30Bmag

WW4_W556_30BHDmag

WW4_M16Aim

WW4_W556_30Bmag

WW4_W556_30BHDmag

WW4_M16SD

WW4_W556_30BSDmag

WW4_W556_30BSDHDmag

WW4_M16M203

WW4_W556_30Bmag

WW4_W556_30BHDmag

WW4_M433grenade

GrenadeLauncher

Flare

FlareGreen

FlareRed

FlareYellow

WW4_M24

WW4_W762Sniper_20mag

WW4_M240

WW4_W762M_200mag

WW4_W762M_200HDmag

WW4_M60

WW4_W762M_200mag

WW4_W762M_200HDmag

WW4_M249

WW4_W556M_200mag

WW4_W556M_200HDmag

WW4_M249Aim

WW4_W556M_200mag

WW4_W556M_200HDmag

WW4_M4

WW4_W556_30mag

WW4_W556_30HDmag

WW4_M4Acog

WW4_W556_30mag

WW4_W556_30HDmag

WW4_MP5

WW4_MP5SAmag

WW4_MP5SAHDmag

WW4_MP5Aim

WW4_MP5SAmag

WW4_MP5SAHDmag

WW4_MP5M203

WW4_MP5SAmag

WW4_MP5SAHDmag

WW4_M433grenade

GrenadeLauncher

Flare

FlareGreen

FlareRed

FlareYellow

WW4_MP5SD

WW4_MP5SASDmag

WW4_MP5SASDHDmag

WW4_MP5SDAim

WW4_MP5SASDmag

WW4_MP5SASDHDmag

WW4_AK74M

WW4_E545_30mag

WW4_E545_30HDmag

WW4_AK74MGP25

WW4_E545_30mag

WW4_E545_30HDmag

WW4_VOG25grenade

GrenadeLauncher

Flare

FlareGreen

FlareRed

FlareYellow

WW4_AK74MKobra

WW4_E545_30mag

WW4_E545_30HDmag

WW4_AK74MPK01A

WW4_E545_30mag

WW4_E545_30HDmag

WW4_AK74MPSO

WW4_E545_30mag

WW4_E545_30HDmag

WW4_AK74MSD

WW4_E545_30SDmag

WW4_E545_30SDHDmag

WW4_PKM

WW4_E762M_200mag

WW4_E762M_200HDmag

WW4_RPK74

WW4_E545M_75mag

WW4_E545M_75HDmag

WW4_E545_30mag

WW4_E545_30HDmag

WW4_SVD

WW4_E762_10mag

WW4_Groza

WW4_E762_30mag

WW4_E762_30HDmag

WW4_GrozaGP25

WW4_E762_30mag

WW4_E762_30HDmag

WW4_VOG25grenade

GrenadeLauncher

Flare

FlareGreen

FlareRed

FlareYellow

WW4_GrozaKobra

WW4_E762_30mag

WW4_E762_30HDmag

WW4_GrozaSD

WW4_E762_30SDmag

WW4_E762_30SDHDmag

WW4_GrozaPSO

WW4_E762_30mag

WW4_E762_30HDmag

BIS weapons are not my focus, but as the config will be in editable version it will be easy for anyone wanting BIS to have high dispersion to add them.

Just fresh from the press, the 1st look of the groza ingame.

2vad0gk.jpg

oa3udc.jpg

Well, not the 8th marvel of the world, but this low poly weapon will do the job.

The texture looks better in external view than in the 1st person of the screenshots.

Too bad the BIS anim system does not allow special grips section on models to "attract" the soldier arms, as the soldiers will never catch the weapon correctly (by example the trigger hand is actually on the magazine).

I am beginning to see the end of that tedious weapon/ammo configuration hell.

1. Can you change the aiDispersionCoefx and aiDispersionCoefy to something around 7, from the originl 1ish? This is what FFUR and WGL have and it makes the AI soldiers inaccurate (but not overly so), while leaving realistic accuracies for the weapons.

2. Eventually, can we have a list of the names of the models, to make it easier to do config replacements for personal use?

I am calling the weapon models the same as their class names, by example the weapon class called WW4_GrozaGP25 has the model called WW4_GrozaGP25.p3d.

I doubt i will touch too much the AI specific dispersion, it is -very- easy to break the AI difficulty with that and then kill hundred of them without any real risk.

So far with the values i have the AI is lethal in veteran/superAI, i don't want it back at being a pushover like it was before.

I am calling the weapon models the same as their class names, by example the weapon class called WW4_GrozaGP25 has the model called WW4_GrozaGP25.p3d.

I doubt i will touch too much the AI specific dispersion, it is -very- easy to break the AI difficulty with that and then kill hundred of them without any real risk.

So far with the values i have the AI is lethal in veteran/superAI, i don't want it back at being a pushover like it was before.

I actually meant the soldier model names.

They are all in the ww4_trp and their name are giving what they are

by example

motsold.p3d is the woodland motorized infantry-like soldier (east army ingame)

dmotsold.p3d is the desert version

etc...

In the modder ressources you even have the mlod of them so you can quickly give a look in O2 to see who is who, or just open the odol in the ww4_trp pbo with ODOL explorer so you will see them without even having to use O2.

great mod Sanctuary easy to use just download n play.

i know some get sick im being asked stupid things..

will u add 2nd rifle script? for your weapons pack

will u be adding other units??

No i will not add any scripts to the soldiers, but anyone wanting is free to do it.

On the units, there are lot more coming, even if there are already a lot of them.

I know how to easily create 2nd rifle model (i've found instruction on this forum smile_o.gif ), so just after the exit of the Sanc weapon pack I can create a small mod with it (asking the permission to the creator of the mod .. smile_o.gif )..