Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

ww4 anims beta

stgnwood1qf3.jpg

Comparison on Everon, yes the shoulder pads need rewroking but I think I need to remap them to be realy good.

STGN

Happy New Year!

That's really excellent work, the texture fits very well with the other camos and the island.

Maybe adding a bit more contrast to get the wrinkles more visibles and it is perfect.

Great work.

Quote[/b] ]I tested them with the m90 inspired camo. And pouches, backpacks and armor blend fairly well with the body. So here it is for you to test it mate. wink_o.gif I noticed it's hard to match 100% the body because of the bleeding and stretching. So I asked a couple friends to check it out and they didn't notice difference until I told them.

Will test later , but from the screenshot it seems very good.

Happy new year 2009 to everyone of you.

I hope 2009 will be a better year than 2008 was for all of you.

Happy new year to you guys!!! biggrin_o.gif

At STGN, you can also add 2 layers of wrinkles to reinforce it the look.

Next beta will feature ww4 weaponry for the ww4 troopers, that will be the focus of it this time.

That's the area i lost the most things during my crash, so it will take time to rebuild what i had, as most of the mlods have been definitively lost.

So only weaponry for the current released troops will be available in the next update. The other weapons will come with the new corps.

The weapons and ammo values will be linked to BIS values, so if you take the PBO out of the WW4 mod to play with them in another mod, they will be always linked to that mod own main config.

Ensuring hopefully compatibility with any mods, this way if a mod has modified damage/increased dispersion/modified recoil, the ww4 weapon should follow its modifications and not be in too much advantage/disadvantage.

Well that's the theory.

Are you making new models for all(ww4) weapons?

No, that's mostly Earl, Laser and RHS weapons that i was tweaking.

Acordingly to what Albert Einstein said you should give them maces and stones. biggrin_o.gif

No, that's mostly Earl, Laser and RHS weapons that i was tweaking.

I hope you will also consider the possibility to include ironsights which could be more ArmA-like. FFUR'85 M16 is quite similar, though not as much as AK74 imho...

Just out of curiosity what does "Arma-like" means?

STGN

Arma-like means 2d-ironsights-that-look-like-arma-3d-ones smile_o.gif

A couple of things I have noticed playing around with this mod:

Sprint is kinda slow not much faster than jogging and trying to get out of the way is nerve wrecking cause I am always thinking I could run faster than this if I needed to.

The running to prone is missing I realy miss that when I am running around and bullets starts flying around my head. I wanna get down, now! But the animation commly stops up and then casualy lies down.

Weapons that are not from ww4 is not realy compatible the recoile is much less and gentle, somthing I realy notice with my own guns which was designed to challenge the OFP player, when I use ww4 they are more like JAM weapons confused_o.gif

STGN

Sprinting is fine like this, it IS faster than jogging in ww4, but you don't sprint as quickly as in default OFP that allowed you to run faster than an olympic champion.

Quote[/b] ]The running to prone is missing I realy miss that when I am running around and bullets starts flying around my head. I wanna get down, now! But the animation commly stops up and then casualy lies down.

The jogging to prone is always there, no idea why the sprint to prone is not, will investigate.

Quote[/b] ]Weapons that are not from ww4 is not realy compatible the recoile is much less and gentle, somthing I realy notice with my own guns which was designed to challenge the OFP player, when I use ww4 they are more like JAM weapons

Don't worry about the recoil like it is currently, i have not yet tweaked that area entirely, it is always on my list.

No idea what you mean about those Arma-like sight, in OFP you can only display 2D texture, no 3D model like in ArmA when going to ironsight mode.

I will use Earl ironsight textures because i like them.

Huh just got back from all those Fallouts and Stalker game..

Good to see you still alive and kicking Sanc !

Just curious, have you thought about implementing the 'idle' animation ? I mean, in Silent War mod Link the soldiers did various anims while standing idle and that made them feel more alive (even if there were like 1-3 idle anims only tounge2.gif )

It was a part of my plan to get several "weapon relaxed" anims for the AI, but i have gone through several problem in their config implementation.

So it is always on my todo list, but not sure when.

It was a part of my plan to get several "weapon relaxed" anims for the AI, but i have gone through several problem in their config implementation.

So it is always on my todo list, but not sure when.

I know that you are a man of hard work, but have you tried looking into their config? wink_o.gif

Does that magazing hold some kinda russian 22cal? very slim smile_o.gif

Where do you see the diffrence cause I have been looking and can't seem to spot it?

STGN

Awesome tutorial Walter_E_Kurtz icon14.gif, i was not aware it was possible to rotate texture like this, i should have been more curious when i saw that "angle" line in the scripts :

When i think i went sometime during developement all the way with :

-P2MS to convert a .p3d lod into a .ms3d format

-Lithunwrap to open the ms3d and move/rotate the mapping where i wanted it to be

-Anim8tor to save the model with the modified mapping in 3DS with option->debug->Dummy 3DS Kdata (in order to be able to import it back to O2 or O2 would just say error if i saved it as a 3DS in Lithunwrap)

-then finally opening O2 and resizing it 10 times to get back the lod into correct size (then rotate/move it to get it back where it should be).

Just to rotate a part of the mapping to be able to get the whole layout like i wanted... Would certainly have saved an insane amout of time if i knew i could just rotate the mapping with the merge script biggrin_o.gif

Perhaps you could use a serparate include file to change weapon models, and why not soldiers too. That way it would be easier for everyone to "merge" ww4 troops into their personal configs (like into WGL mod) or change weapon models to their preference without having to comb trough dozens of classes in config.cpp. I suppose this would be easier for you too in case you are to change some models later.

I'm sure you know the idea but here it is briefly anyway:

In the soldierWB class , you write

model = WW4_MODEL_SoldierWB;

Then make a separate .hpp file WW4_models.hpp:

#define WW4_MODEL_SoldierWB "\ww4_rpl\wesoldier.p3d"

That is included into config.cpp like #include "WW4_models.hpp"

That way anyone can easily change some troops to their own version etc. Or their own weapons.

You get a model definition file like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#ifdef WW4_models_WW4_west

// west

#define WW4_model_SoldierWB "\ww4_rpl\wesoldier.p3d"

#define WW4_model_SoldierWCrew "\ww4_rpl\wecrew.p3d"

#define WW4_model_SoldierWPilot "\ww4_rpl\wepilot.p3d"

#define WW4_model_SoldierWSniper "\ww4_rpl\wesniper.p3d"

#define WW4_model_SoldierWSaboteur "\ww4_rpl\weblackop.p3d"

#define WW4_model_SoldierWSaboteurDay "\ww4_rpl\weblackopday.p3d"

#define WW4_model_OfficerW "\ww4_rpl\weofficer.p3d"

#endif

Which is really simple to make changes into.

Curious to know, if you add weapons to them will it mean a new weapon download pack? Im loving them the way they are at the moment. Even inspired me to start a campaign again using BIS units/ no addons. As when running with your conversion it looks like a whole new game.

No idea what you mean about those Arma-like sight, in OFP you can only display 2D texture, no 3D model like in ArmA when going to ironsight mode.

I will use Earl ironsight textures because i like them.

I only meant 2d ironsights which are similar to Arma 3d ones. If you take a look at FFUR'85 ones you'll see what I am trying to say here.

Imo, those ffur ironsights are a little put out of focus as to simulate the real action of aiming and instead of being quite black as BIS original ones or dark gray as GRAA ones, they are light gray with undefined contours. I hope to be more clear now... smile_o.gif

However this is just a question of personal taste.

Just curious, have you thought about implementing the 'idle' animation ? I mean, in Silent War mod Link the soldiers did various anims while standing idle and that made them feel more alive (even if there were like 1-3 idle anims only  tounge2.gif )

+1

When I use your mod, RHS tanks doesn't work anymore : They can't be destroyed.

I think it is because of the "destrType=DestructMan;" on their tanks.

Any idea on how i can fix it ?

this kind of destruction type works with BIS config, WGL5 and FDF one so far... but with yours doesn't work anymore ? dunno why.

NB: happy new year all !

That's the most bizarre thing i ever saw in OFP, after installing the RHS T80 just to test, the tank resists hundred and hundred of hit not only from AT rockets but from BIS M1A1 sabots.

I really wonder why this is happening, in the current version of the ww4 mod, the destruction type is the normal BIS one, i have not yet implemented the "man" type to avoid the usual polygon melting visual aspect.

The only script i have there is the explosion/burn one that happens -only- when the tank is destroyed and do not run until that.

Will investigate a bit more to see why the RHS tanks are indestructible.

Quote[/b] ]The only script i have there is the explosion/burn one that happens -only- when the tank is destroyed and do not run until that.

Would that also mean that parachutes that become damaged also smoke, noticed that in a cam scene i set up where the exploded and smoked when parachutes colided.. Or has that got nothing to do with your ww4

Ok, found the culprit

Apparently it is a proof that BinVIEW does not convert -everything- from the config.BIN into a config.CPP

As when i added the enum lines to the config.cpp (can't binarize anymore such config unfortunately) , usually that prevent the handgun bug when playing with non binarized config, it fixed the RHS "invulnerable" tank problem.

So startingfrom next beta, the config will have to stay in CPP instead of being binarized (the advantage of binarized config was supposed to help loading times).

Here is the updated version in which i added just the enum line, so you can play without handgun bugs, and can destroy RHS tanks.

http://files.filefront.com/CONFIGrar/;12858822;/fileinfo.html

Quote[/b] ]Would that also mean that parachutes that become damaged also smoke, noticed that in a cam scene i set up where the exploded and smoked when parachutes colided.. Or has that got nothing to do with your ww4

I think the small smoke was BIS default one, but as the parachute are children classes of the helicopter class, i think they are affected by my explosion script.

Fortunately, i should be able to remove easily the explosion/burn script from them.