Sign in to follow this  
BadBone

Half screen missing after installation and FUBAR'd

Been away from ArmA for ages, just tried re-installing it twice and still no joy.

The installation completes, i double click the desktop icon and when ArmA loads ive got more than half the screen missing and  very fubar'd menu's with no writting in them.

I used to use the maxmem command so have tried that, no joy. Tried run as admin, compatability for xp and nothing works.

The only thing different with my system now to when i used to play ArmA is a new graphics card, ATI HD 4870.

Ive not got any patches, just the 505 UK dvd.

Im not downloading any patches either as my connection is very very slow. Just wanted to see what ArmA looked like on this card.

Heres a screeny   fubarArmA.jpg    Any ideas?

TIA

vista 32

Have a look in here. wink_o.gif

Cheers, ive been through that thread and noticed there are people with the exact problem as me but no direct solution to the problem, tried loads of thing suggested in that thread and have now decided ive spent to much time trying to fix it with no joy.

Must be an ATI thing as i never had this problem with Nvidia.

......i'll maybe wait for ArmA 2

this is bad, i have exact same problem, brand new machine with 4870X2 Hd and thats all i get! does any 1 have any idea how to help solve this

well i managed to do it and im a noob, just dropped 1Gb of ram, can live with that just 2 play arma. any 1 know weathers it s worth having AA an anistropic thiny on or disabled?

can some 1 help me, i used the removed 1 gb ram fix from msconfig boot but now it wont let me change it back! every time i put in 4096 an click ok it just resets to 3072! help??

Not sure on the 4g msconfig..., but on the AA and AF, are you asking about the ATI CCC/control panel? If yes then set to App reference. Your running Vista?