Sign in to follow this  
Aqu

Any simple ways to test if two sides are enemies?

I cannot find any commands which would return boolean (true/false) if two units,groups or sides are enemies. Kind of reverse to the setFriend command. Basicly like this

Boolean = Side1 isFriend Side2

or

Boolean = Unit1 isFriend Unit2

(but this is bit iffy if the other unit is a teamkiller)

The fact that there are 3 sides (east,west,guerrilla) makes it bit problematic. I cannot even hardcode that east is automatically enemy to west. This should work in all combinations.

Actually it might be enough if I knew if the player side is friendly to some other.

Take a look at OFPEC. There is a script by mandoble which detects the friendliness of each side.

use countEnemy to see if a unit considers other units to be enemy.

If you want to test it during the mission to establish if the sides are enemy to each other, you could create a unit from each side on a small remote island somewhere, then check if they consider each other to be enemy (this way there is no chance of the test returning incorrect results due to team killing)

Thanks for the replys. Bit what I feared. The mando script uses just that system. Not nice at all.

There are some of these data which only have the "set" command but not the "get" version. The above mentioned and also e.g "setCurrentWaypoint".