Sign in to follow this  
Jennik

ARMA 2 In-game HD Video released

Hi,

After I saw the latest ingame HD video trailer I can only say this game quality is what we all have been waiting for, not only on the visuals but also on the sound and dynamic voices, animations, IA, etc.

Congratulations to the whole development team because this is a great and promising work wink_o.gif

I think I will be a very satisfied customer once I have purchased your product biggrin_o.gif

Cheers

Russia is one of those countries where a technology change happens slowly throughout their military.

you are ....

i will not say

who first had Shtora/Arena ? active system protecting tanks ? does american tanks have such system that fires vs. flying rocket ?

who had first ERA ?

etc.

Russian tanks were better than western

heh

you have no idea about Russia (not worse and cheapest T72 sold to Iraq and known from last wars)

Wikipedia says... oh my god

have you seen single T72 with DSHK huh.gif

have you seen T64, T80 with DSHK huh.gif

every russian tank can fire AT rockets

Abrams, Leopard do not fire rockets

for example in 1987 Russian T80 could destroy any west tank from 3 km by 9M119 which 20% little weaker than TOW

do you know what is Shtora ?

is there any west tank such modern like T80U ??

Abram, Leopard can fire and effectively destroy Russian tank by sabot from 2 km

but russian tank can fire rocket from 4 km

and when TOW is lauchned vs. T80U, its systems fires something like preventing ERA explosion, that causes rocket destruction 2 meters before touching T80 !!!

if T90 has DSHK, please BIS mount M1919A4 on Abrams !!!

please cut M16A2 barrel and call it M4, if AK74M with changed pipe is called AK107

How do you guys know which of the soldiers in that video were controlled by AI? For all we know, the entire video could have been recorded with people controlling all units? It would make sense from a cinematic point of view.

I also have to add, this video was ferking oresome! Moar!

easily....look at the fluidness. human character wont move his/her controller extremly fluid, ever.

Russia is one of those countries where a technology change happens slowly throughout their military.

you are ....

i will not say

who first had Shtora/Arena ? active system protecting tanks ? does american tanks have such system that fires vs. flying rocket ?

who had first ERA ?

etc.

heh

you have no idea about Russia (not worse and cheapest T72 sold to Iraq and known from last wars)

for example in 1987 Russian T80 could destroy any west tank from 3 km by 9M119 which 20% little weaker than TOW

and when TOW is lauchned vs. T80U, its systems fires something like preventing ERA explosion, that causes rocket destruction 2 meters before touching T80 !!!

please cut M16A2 barrel and call it M4, if AK74M with changed pipe is called AK107

Do you know how many t-90's vs t-72's they have? Do you know how many of their t-90's have shitora? Do you know how many t-80's they have? Do you know how many russian soldiers actualy use all their new weapons?

Back 2 topic

The "HALO" animation in video is exactly the same like for the one of units hanging in chute. confused_o.gif

Back 2 topic

The "HALO" animation in video is exactly the same like for the one of units hanging in chute.  confused_o.gif

They said back in the thread that they arn't finished with HALO animations.

you see, to balance off the dated DSHK, they put a few more M2s(which the basic design is almost 100 years now since 1921, M2HB comes out at 1933) on the M1A2 TUSK instead of the M213 tounge2.gif

just joking, of cause i hope the model stays as correct as possible, but i wondered if i will notice any difference when bullets starts passing over my head

nice to see this vid is pretty much the game itself bar some shaky-cam and soft focusing here and there. In the OFP2 trailer it's quite hard to distinguish what is actually game-play. That is very honest of BIS, laying their cards on the table, so to speak.

I'm guessing that OFP2 will be more like BF2, COD4 in it's presentation. But hey, we play this series for the depth and adaptability, not necessarily the looks.

I hope that BIS keep the feel of OFP & ARMA. By that I mean what some would describe as clunky and slow, and some of us would regard it as what gives the game its sense of realism and timing; i.e. having to stop moving to reload, length of time to change weapons etc. All the OFP format needs is bigger environments with more stuff in them, as our PCs grow and the programming gets better.

I think ARMA may have been released as a work in progress to raise some cash or something, and ARMA2 being the finished product. If that's the case, and if the engine is more efficient, after all the glitches, lousy and occasionally unrealistic missions that drove lots of us round the bend in ARMA, BIS can be forgiven.

Promising video. Interesting location. smile_o.gif

nice to see this vid is pretty much the game itself bar some shaky-cam and soft focusing here and there.  In the OFP2 trailer it's quite hard to distinguish what is actually game-play.  That is very honest of BIS, laying their cards on the table, so to speak.  

I'm guessing that OFP2 will be more like BF2, COD4 in it's presentation.  But hey, we play this series for the depth  and adaptability, not necessarily the looks.

I hope that BIS keep the feel of OFP & ARMA.  By that I mean what some would describe as clunky and slow, and some of us would regard it as what gives the game its sense of realism and timing; i.e. having to stop moving to reload, length of time to change weapons etc.  All the OFP format needs is bigger environments with more stuff in them, as our PCs grow and the programming gets better.

I think ARMA may have been released as a work in progress to raise some cash or something, and ARMA2 being the finished product.  If that's the case, and if the engine is more efficient, after all the glitches, lousy and occasionally unrealistic missions that drove lots of us round the bend in ARMA, BIS can be forgiven.

Promising video.  Interesting location. smile_o.gif

I agree with most, but reloading is possible on the move, soldiers and police do it all the time. It's just impossible when you are sprinting full speed, which BIS already took care of.

you are ....

i will not say

who had first ERA ?

etc.

heh

First i'd personally don't care a bit.

2nd many your "facts" are quite way off the mark... But then again i dont' care.

Third this is way offtopic already. I think Placebo cares about that.

i want NSVT/KORD on T90

DSHK on T90 means ignorance !!!

BIS made wrong T72 in Arma, and remaking old errors is not funny

i offered them even my model - they don't answered

goddamn BIS, why the hell DSHK on T90!!!!!

i want realistic models, not fantasy !!!!

or release MLODS with game to improve it by addonmakers as soon as possible

When i read your post Vilas i need to ask you.... Do you really think that your model is sooo good?!

i want NSVT/KORD on T90

Stop QQing about unimportant things... You sound like a little child that doesn't get the birthday presents he wanted.

You made your point and thats enough.

i want NSVT/KORD on T90

Could you please stop acting like such a child on here? We get that you think that the Dshk on a T90 means that ArmA2 is a complete failure of a game. You don't need to harp on it endlessly - it gets old, and the manner you do it is less than professional, which is more than likely to get you ignored anyway.

Please, for the sake of those who would like to have a thread that isn't flooded with mountain-out-of-molehill complaints, knock it off. icon_rolleyes.gif

At 0:20-0:40 ish there's crazy wobble and also there is a light-green crosshair easily seen after the rolling. At 0:48 however there's no real wobble? There's no crosshair but it looks like a human strafing from the truck to the helo.

Could be a difference between running and sprinting.

Could be, or exhaustion level. After the rolling it was still shaky though.. But the more times I see it the more like post-editing I think it is, sadly.

While I like the video in whole, I still support vilas about DShKMs and AK107s.

His opponents say, that DShKMs are "still in use" in present, but they rely on Wikipedia, which is known for being not the most trustful source for such kind of information. They need to remember, that word "in present" may mean, that they're still in use in other armies.

The only place, where DShKMs are still in limited use now is fleet (the recent footage, that was shot on board of atomic rocket cruiser Peter The Great confirms that). But it's used as a defence from small boats and other pesky threats, which are too tiny for  rocket armament of dual-barelled AK-130 arty installation. In such role it doesn't matter what you use - M2, DShKM, Utyos or Kord.

But in other parts of the army and navy NSV-T or Kord replaced the outdated and too heavy DShKM long ago.

Off course, a lot of DShKMs were left in reserve, but, heh, that's not a arguement here. In addition T90A (which is modification, that has shtora system, featured in the video), has turret of another shape. And attached fuel tanks are also not common in field conditions.

However, as one of BI modellers told me, DShKM is only a placeholder so far, so nothing to worry about in this regard.

But at the same time it's a pity AK107 is wrong. Guess it wasn't hard to make proper model for gamedev profies like BIS.

Didnt I say there are people watching & searching this Alpha vid for design mistakes? biggrin_o.gif

Vilas - dont forget to say if you like this video as teaser/trailer (except some details)! Show some pics and news about modern + upgraded tanks, weapons from Russia. People will take care if you show them the differences and advantages. wink_o.gif

Anyway lets enjoy the vid as an first longer ingame dev cut trailer and hope for some more ingame news.

I dont know if it can be done BIS but could you make the smoke fly off when there is a chopper flying over it making the smoke moveable.

edit: I mean the smoke from the explosians

Arma 2 - interview

This video shows a disappointing but hopefully temporary "feature", you can shoot a car until it explodes.

I'd accept grenades blowing up cars, but not a spray of 5.56, even in best case scenarios with tracer rounds it'd just start to burn after a while, and that's not something you can rely on.

But still, minor nitpick, but having tanks blow up by firing a last shot from a rifle is unacceptable though, hopefully that was the first thing that BIS fixed for Arma 2.

EDIT: Will ew get realistic cities in Arma 2? just like we've seen from VBS2?

VBS2 Screen

The problem is the point-damage system, the car does not know if it has been hit by a rifle, pistol, or rpg.

Thats why you get these explosions by small arms fire.

lol, you're post are always filled with no facts vilas.

I have two pictures that prove you are wrong, take a look.

Here is a t72 with a dshk

T72 with dshk

And here is a m1a2 in europe circa 1985 firing a tow out of its cannon, WAY before any russian tank could

M1a2 missle

please think and look at your facts before posting random gibberish  wink_o.gif

Arma 2 - interview

This video shows a disappointing but hopefully temporary "feature", you can shoot a car until it explodes.

I'd accept grenades blowing up cars, but not a spray of 5.56, even in best case scenarios with tracer rounds it'd just start to burn after a while, and that's not something you can rely on.

But still, minor nitpick, but having tanks blow up by firing a last shot from a rifle is unacceptable though, hopefully that was the first thing that BIS fixed for Arma 2.

EDIT: Will ew get realistic cities in Arma 2? just like we've seen from VBS2?

VBS2 Screen

Thats the same for tanks etc...they have kinda life-bar...I believe that if someone has enough patience they can blow up a M1 with the 9mm pistol....for example...the BMP can be disabled if shot by enough SAWs.

I agree that russian tanks should be capable of shooting rockets but I´m not so convinced that they have optics/aiming systems to engage with accuracy at ranges above 1500-2000m. NATO tanks do engage accurately at ranges of 3000m.

I hope we get a wider range of tanks in ARMA 2 including among others Leopard 2A6, Challenger 2, Leclerc, AMX30...