Sign in to follow this  
Jennik

ARMA 2 In-game HD Video released

smile_o.gif we don't have final satelite map under forests, good eye smile_o.gif Also faces have final model, but not final mimics and don't have skinshader, both is wip. Also most of particles are placeholders (waiting for some functions from programmers). Please remember this video is from early alphaversion, there will be still lot of tuning. Falling parshutes dont have animation etc, please be patient, we are busy with all of these things and working on them.

Hmm....two nitpicks I have...or three...

1. I am afraid, the ZOMGPIMPOMGHOLYCRAP Room clearance maneuver is part of the 'ingame cutscene' which is a disappointment for me.

2. The guns recoil is not present when shot. It looks so static.

3. THe emotion of characters aren ot in, everyone is having same exact facial posture

Other than that I love what I see.  yay.gif  whistle.gif

pistols.gif MIRRORED:: http://vimeo.com/2362022 pistols.gif

to ohara

could please confirm what language the opposing force is speaking in. In ArmA now it's a perfect English. Will Russians have Russian voice-over?

I'm also ataching the URL with the real life footage of what happens when a tank is hit. I completely agree with other ppl on the issue of instanteneously charred/blacked vehicle models. Vehicles would turn black only after hours of extensive burning. I think the black texture is excessive. It might be cool to have the texture turning darker after maybe 10-15 minutes of burning. Also it's very common for a tank to have it's turret blown off. Continuous ammunition detonation is also amust. It doesn't have to go off in one big blast and it doesn't.

The darkening texture issue is also very unrealistic when it comes to airplaines and copters. Why not have helicopter or plane models replaced by two, three parts upon the total detonation to simulate the plane/copter body break-up. Right now in ArmA we have the helicopter/plane models also instanteneously replaced with black textured models. In reality the planes don't turn black untill they burn for a while on the ground. They don't black right away in the air.

smile_o.gif we don't have final satelite map under forests, good eye smile_o.gif Also faces have final model, but not final mimics and don't have skinshader, both is wip. Also most of particles are placeholders (waiting for some functions from programmers). Please remember this video is from early alphaversion, there will be still lot of tuning. Falling parshutes dont have animation etc, please be patient, we are busy with all of these things and working on them.

Hey Ohara will weapons fired give soldiers animations on upper body when standing up? To show off recoil when looking at others and 3rd person view?

Very Nice trailer! inlove.gif

I dont know answers for all your questions, but russians will speak russian, civiliens will also speak with their own language smile_o.gif

WOOOOW! That's an amazing trailer.

Now I seriously can't wait ! If I could, I would pre-order NOW !

The landscape is the most real looking I have ever seen in any game, ever.

(If I could make only ONE misplaced wish ; make it possible to go down crouch and up again WHILE moving, and no drop out of 'aim-mode'. ) biggrin_o.gif

Other question... will the US have modern HEMTT (Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck) or again the old old old vietnam-style-truck? smile_o.gif

...and what's with explosive-toys like claymores, are they included or only ofp/arma1-satchel and mine?

Is this off topic? No! I ask because i saw none of them in the trailer tounge2.gif

Did I just see a soldier striding over a fence? Fecking A+

There's so much in that video which people have been requesting on this forum, I'm gob smacked most of it has been included. The sound is truly awesome, the explosions are much better, freefall parachuting (at last).

One minor gripe only, the bright blood splurt on the entry wound would be better displayed behind, where it's exiting the body instead. Less red, finer mist, bigger spray.

Amazing video, nice features - and thanks for listening to the community.

Very nice, I like the whole look about it I have to say.

I have to say though, The voice acting is rofl.gif

There's so much in that video which people have been requesting on this forum, I'm gob smacked most of it has been included. The sound is truly awesome, the explosions are much better, freefall parachuting (at last).

One minor gripe only, the bright blood splurt on the entry wound would be better displayed behind, where it's exiting the body instead. Less red, finer mist, bigger spray.

Amazing video, nice features - and thanks for listening to the community.

For blood, personally I'd prefer to have just a tiny bit come out and a small puff of dust, (not like in BF2, just a small puff) to show the bullet made contact. Either that or nothing at all.

Anyways, I really love the camera in the beginning of the video. It works very well with the trailer, though in actual gameplay I'll let BIS make the call.

Kudos, keep up the great work...can't wait but will if I have too biggrin_o.gif

Hmm... AI's actions looks pretty much old and dumb again. sad_o.gif No leaning and calmly going past own bodies present. Blast. Bit disappointment there for me.

I really hope Ai can do this as well, as that would solve many pathfinding problems present in Arma.

Nice video  biggrin_o.gif

I dont know answers for all your questions, but russians will speak russian, civiliens will also speak with their own language smile_o.gif

That's good smile_o.gif

awesome trailer by the way. thumbs-up.gif

The explosions could be more realistic, but they are a hell of a lot more realistic and amazing compared to the last one's.

Thank you for the video.

Nicely, you are not politically hypocritical and you have placed the location of the crisis thereabouts where it belongs on the real map.