Sign in to follow this  
mikebart

Hemp Plant

edit: Hey again, just made a few updates, there are now 2 plants in the config, my origional one but with slightly larger but optimized view collision, and a short one like Loki's edit but re-modeled and with fixed lods (thanks for all the help:).

You'll find the plants under Empty/MB Hemp in the editor

hemp03ek4.th.jpg

Also, please let me know if you have any performance issues, or any ideas of how I might be able to optimize it without losing too much visual quality, those crazy Sahrani Life drug lords like to plant thousands of these things.

Hey all, I've just finished a Hemp plant model which was origionally made for Sahrani Life to replace the banana plant but could just as easily be used for anything like perhaps a drug bust mission or something, feel free to use it for your missions.

here are some shots: (shadows have been fixed)

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/548/hemp02le3.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3392/hemp01xu1.jpg

you can download it here: <a href="http://www.esnips.com/doc/00862007-545f-47d3-ad00-14e9c3e1979f/mb_hemp

" target="_blank">mb_hemp.rar</a>

critiques more than welcome smile_o.gif

Ah, Texas Gold!!! Wow..that 2nd picture is like paradise! lol

Seriously though that will make for some good missions.

Any chance you might be able to make a Coca plant? That would be great for South American anti-drug cartel or maybe the beginning of a Colombian Civil War mod (that I've been trying to find people to get started since the OFP days).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Cool stuff, I remember a vrey good FDF coop mission for OFP, where you had to conquer a what plant biggrin_o.gif

1 question though: "What strain is it?"

All we need now is a Waterpipe model, or some smoking papers.

*grabs a bag and starts to harvest*

1 question though: "What strain is it?"

All we need now is a Waterpipe model, or some smoking papers.

*grabs a bag and starts to harvest*

Now where did I leave my combine harvester... rofl.gif

But eh... My plants are a bit bigger then that... whistle.gifwink_o.gif

Lovely little addon, great for drug missions, and also for afghanistan missions.

In ofp I had made a small fun mission. Kill the drugsdealer, and

I put those ofp weed plants in the garden, allot of them, and

placed a campfire right in the middle. With the white smoke and all...

help.gifrofl.gif

yay.gif

you know this is going on hippie funland....

good job!

The addon is without confing file, but model looks great smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

nowhere. it's without cfg. you can use only model for island or make config yourself smile_o.gif

Hehehe, I just loved it!!!!!....

...but, not working in the editor reduces a lot the possibilities to use it.

@mikebart

Could you release a version with it´s config file allowing anyone use it on the editor just like any other object?

If not, do you allow that somebody does it?

(any volunter? I suck at cfg editing!! ) welcome.gif

xmas_o.gif

randy reworked the model..  i added tags and a config.

can be found in the editor under mb_hemp

http://files.filefront.com/mb+hemprar/;12471974;/fileinfo.html

non-binarized so others can see the config.

had to make it a house class.. the model has to have some other work done.. but its not mine...

be sure to look for the 4:20 club on FU island in the next release of hippie funland.

smoke it, if ya got it!!

edit:

just so EVERYBODY knows up front... i give this all back to MB.. i take no credit!

I got it, I got it!!!

Thanks  man (for the config-ready version and also for leting it opened for others to study), really fast  thumbs-up.gif

Guys, please feel free to use this in your missions and edit it in any way to suit you're needs, no need to ask permission, but please explain to me what you do so that I can learn from it, I probably should have released this as a beta, I honestly didnt think it would get this much interest though smile_o.gif

@Loki: Thanks heaps for doing the config, sorry about not including one but i've really only just gotten my head around this stuff, what did you have to do to the model btw? was it the paths or the meshes themselves?

Quote[/b] ] Miles Teg: Any chance you might be able to make a Coca plant? That would be great for South American anti-drug cartel or maybe the beginning of a Colombian Civil War mod

yeah sure, thats on the list of plants they want for sahrani life.

Just want to say thanks for all the help and support i got from these forums and armaholic too.

Thanks again smile_o.gif

not a problem MB... its fun to share knowledge.

randy fixed the view geometry so the ai can't see through it.

and yeah.. the paths had to be renamed.. its good to get in the habit of using tags for all your work.. thats why i made it mb_hemp.

check the config.. to see how to get something in game.

... i think i'll.... (better yet if you do) make a few more strains and sizes and a medical plant that you can heal at... i can help with the config if you still need some.

feel free to come on our teamspeak and burn one down.

smile_o.gif