Sign in to follow this  
dave8

.max format to .obj format

option 1. Is it possible for someone to make a working .max => .obj converter without the need for 3dstudio Max, Gmax, etc? My computer can't install Gmax because it's kind've skrewed up, and I'm not buying 3dstudio Max, or any other 3d modelling programs just for one or two conversions (I suck at modelling :D).

option 2. If someone has 3dstudio Max and is willing to convert my .max file to an .obj file, please tell me your e-mail adress and i'll send the file right to you along with my e-mail adress. Thanks for reading :)

--I turned of my smilys because they're skrewing up my paragraphs. ;)

Yeah sure!

...for $8; Payable in checks (preffered in cash!wink.gif

J/k!

(as in i'll do it for free)

Sure, my email is jameshu69@hotmail.com

Just no spam plez! and the email must not exeed 1.5 megs...

Note: The resulting product may or may not be as expected

umm....

How can you use .MAX, when you even don't have the prog?

-A hobo...who snipes ppls asses

and what exactly are you useing to model with?

heh lucky for me i use Light Wave hehehehe .LWO and .OBJ are apart of LW =tounge.gif

lol biggrin.gif, it's included in a MAX to RSB tool found at www.theplatoon.com ( RSB = ghost recon's model thing NO SPAMMING PLEASE!!!wink.gif. Yup, i'm trying to use a ghost recon model (it probably won't work, though I'm giving it a shot... look at my previous post) Personally, I think ghost recon models look a little better then ofp's. I'll check on the file size, and i'll send it to you as soon as possible.Thanks for volenteering. smile.gif

---I suggest you check it with Norton's antivirus scan first. I never run a virus scan on this computer.

ok ok save you the trouble ...

search for a program called 3D Exploration .... ituses many 3d extentions ....

use it to open a .3ds or .max and then save it as a .obj file =)