Sign in to follow this  
Lamont

RIP Greg "Hooahman"

This morning I managed to wake to some tragic news a friend, and a previous member of this community, had suffered from a fatal overdose and passed away late tuesday evening. Greg "Hooahman" was a active member of the BIS forums, prehaps a little too energetic for his own good as his run in with Placebo ended with him being banned and outcast from this community which he loved so dearly.

With the recent death of his grandmother and his preformance at school spiralling down, this forum provided a real sense of community and belonging for him, a stability that you can only find with a group of people. Unknown to his friends at the time he was taking heavy doses of medication which compounded his already shakey mentality and with the loss of his outlet, these forums, he only sunk deeper into depression.

No one could of known such a seemingly trivial action would lead to this tragic event unfolding and I am not attempted to direct any blame at Placebo, it is completly uncalled for, but I hope we can hang our heads as we remeber the good times with Greg "Hooahman"

sad_o.gif

My condolences to his friends & family.

From me too, there is nothing more to ad. sad_o.gif

Rest in peace Hooahman. Thanks for all your work modding.

This morning I managed to wake to some tragic news a friend, and a previous member of this community, had suffered from a fatal overdose and passed away late tuesday evening.

Funnily enough I just woke up to the tragic news that Hooahman had PM'd me at 6:45am today asking to be unbanned, never been PM'd by a ghost before, enjoy your permanent ban.

Good or bad joke aside, i think it fits his personality biggrin_o.gif .

PS: Did someone forgot to lock this?

No I left it open so that those people who were fooled into showing concern/commiserations have the option of telling this sad sack of shit exactly what they think of such a devious and immature thread.

maan i saw the thread in the morning but decided to post when i get home from work. Glad I didn't.

Sad ..... very sad

Poor Hooahman.

Did he suggest BIS update/fix/change the forums?

Poor Hooahman.

Did he suggest BIS update/fix/change the forums?

The intention of keeping this thread open was not to discuss why hooahman has been permanently post-restricted.

Check his profile and see the last post he made back in May this year, then you find out why he has been punished.

Insulting forum moderators is a no-go, no matter how 'famous' the member in question is (no it wasn't me who decided about the punishment).

No I left it open so that those people who were fooled into showing concern/commiserations have the option of telling this sad sack of shit exactly what they think of such a devious and immature thread.

And that time has passed.

And Placebo obviously hit the wrong button. tounge2.gif

BTW hooahman had a 2 week PR, not a perm ban.