Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Simply put, the shadows look like they need AA. Look on the left side of the screenshot and notice the shadow casting on the house, as well as the character next to the snowman.

That is not a graphical issue, merely the rafters sticking out which is not visible at that angle.

Rafters sticking out of the character?!   crazy_o.gif

Anyone else just pictured a guy on a raft sticking out of a soldier's stomach?

Oh, I forgot to add that I like his shirt. Maybe I can send them a few of mine and get them printed with the Arma II logo too.  tounge2.gif

EDIT: I found a transcript and then used a translator to make it English-

"Our next game, Armed 2, will be part of our simulation military realistic range. Of a certain manner, this is a little a return to the sources in the measure where we returned more to what we wanted to do with Operation Flashpoint. And even if Armed 2 will be the direct continuation of the first Armed Assault, one will feel well this return to the sources. The player will be part of a force special team assigned to very dangerous missions and that meet again in a country of eastern Europe called the Chernarus. This is an invented and very real place at once. This country does 225 square kilometers. It was conceived while mixing real elements and of imaginary others that give him a pace of region postsoviétique.

Of premium approach, the mission that drive these soldiers in this country by the civil war appears comparatively simple. But, while one advances in the scenario, the intrigue itself fabric and dives the player in an extremely complicated position. At the end of the game, the player must take decisions that will weigh heavy according in the future world and eventual triggering of a new World War. And that, this is not necessarily simple for a type of the special forces. With this game, not only we watched to propose realism but we equally did the efforts in the matter of the scenario and the team work. What you played alone or with of the friends, it will be necessary to take into account your commando unit that we baptized Razor.

Armed 2 addresses themselves at once to those that like to play in solo and to those that prefer the multi. But, what's more game strictly speaking, it allows also to show itself creative. The delivered editor with will offer to the players to invent all sorts of positions of fight. You will be able to create again scenarios, of new missions. It will be even possible to create his own equipment if you feel that you master sufficiently the editor for that.

The one of the options more specific of Weapon 2 is the method Warfare that had appeared in the version 1,40 of the all first one of our games. Indeed, this is a developed method by fans for Operation Flashpoint and that, to the era was called "Captures the Island". This is a title very speaking that describes well the goal of the game. One there proposes battles of big breadth on very vast cards. Not only the players must eliminate the adverse soldiers but, what's more, it is necessary for them to construct their basis, constitute their own armies and win of what to offer itself equipment to beat itself. The one of the guiding ideas is to seize itself cities enemies. To every victory, the players recover resources for they check the convoys that cross the card. More you check cities, more you can enlarge your army. We define this method as a strategy game to the first person. This is not only a game of shooting or only a game of strategy but rather a mixture of the two.

For Armed 2, we tried to put forward the side distraction while putting a damper on the aspect simulation. This is for that that we are ourselves so concentrated on the scenario that demanded three years of writing. We wanted that on one hand it be realistic and credible but so fascinating and stuffed fictional elements, of surprises and that it motivates the player to follow the adventure. This is for us one of the elements that lacked the more to the first Armed Assault. We equally wanted to return the game in his more accessible body through his interface. Of more, we added new mechanics of game as the first cares and the Fact that injured them can separate themselves or to be separated from the battlefield. In Operation Flashpoint or Armed 1, you could die immediately. Now, when you gravely injured and that a teammate is located nearby, it can pull you or you to carry to move away you from the fight. It can equally bring to you the first cares. And themselves they do not do it quickly, you could die. But that generates a new balance of game. This is for that that in solo or in multi, it will be necessary to include itself as a soldered team and that it will not be question to leave for the adventure all alone in his corner. And that will change the bullet regulars that burst out one does not know from which and that kill you instantly. That again will be able to arrive but clearly less often."

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/reporta....jeu.htm

The ArmA II logo looks awesome on that t-shirt!

BIS can you send me the logo so I can make my own?! :P

Thanks Praelium.

Not much new for a while though. Those screenies are kewl though.

Quote[/b] ]Almost two years on from the release of the excellent (once patched and modded) ArmA, BIS are well on the way to completing a sequel that's bigger, smarter, and more realistic.

Did I miss a year of ArmA play? Good to see reporters pay interest. A well ArmA II seems to get plenty attention, wether or not thanks to Codies. :P Another OFP2 vs ArmA II article

Quote[/b] ]id I miss a year of ArmA play?

I got the Czech version (sprocket download) of Arma 1.00 in november 2006...

The game is thus more than 2 years old already.

Quote[/b] ]id I miss a year of ArmA play?

I got the Czech version (sprocket download) of Arma 1.00  in november 2006...

The game is thus more than 2 years old already.

Oh damn I did forgot a whole year! Got the same version... sorry my bad rofl.gif

Thanks Stilpu. It seems we won't be having different sounds for different distances, just interior and exterior sounds. If this can be exploited by mods, we'll see. It does sound good, though. I hope it's as polished as it sounds in the interview smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Comprehensive simulation weight equipment is too important to play and the introduction of similar arrangements would be further work on the already difficult enough artificial intelligence that we had to learn to relax and wait for each other at each other.

What does that mean? No weight system in Arma2....

To the Sounds (Mega-SEF):

Its already very good to hear what they write about and in other Press coverages it is also described as "awesome" piece of work.

But what i really want to know is:

- Is there any Sound change for distant sounds?

Distant Bulletcracks & distant explosions (which are 300m+ away) like so awesome showed for XAM 1.6b3 mod(link), realistic

when they passing you? ("soundfly" was a joke in Arma1 configs)

- Will Sounds be changed by environment? Like in woods it should echo far more and sounds should be transported over longer distances... Anyone already heard a "local hunter" already?

Or when you are in a valley and you shooting it should get more reflected by the surrounding elevations, etc... i think you get all what i mean.

Modders like from XAM-Mod showed it can be possible, so i think BIS should be able to do that too.

These are important points for me and as vital as any graphic improvements.

Yea sound is like THE most important factor in my opinion. I'd even take OFP style graphics if it were only for gameplay improvements.

Old article??? Saw it a month ago??? Was it published somewhere else first, because the date tells that it was put online 27.1.2009 - that is today.

Old article??? Saw it a month ago??? Was it published somewhere else first, because the date tells that it was put online 27.1.2009 - that is today.

it also lists release date as may 2009. that's Q2 and close to OFP2 release date.

pinch of salt anyway unless it comes from BIS themselves.

BUT if they have delayed the game (maybe to incorporate some inspiration from ACE mod? wink_o.gif )

Now fews  news of french press !

here on my website smile_o.gif rofl.gif

The scans are too small and blurry to read, but I assume it's in French so it doesn't matter anyways. Can we get a translation?