Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I think the user made campaigns could be a lot more interesting in Arma2, since it got all this different forces/factions to mess with.

And I bet the next factions will be the CDF, then Russia(no russian forces in game right?) then NAPA.

EDIT: Just saw the thread about NAPA.

NAPA could be pro-CDF after the CDF is defeated. Or it could also just be some third (fourth?... fifth?) party. Or it could also be anti-Russian.

Edit: Also just noticed that on the pictures at the bottom of the U.S. page it says MLRS, which I didn't notice before.

Terrible voice acting in the video. The man is talking outside, why does the sound is like he's talking in a bathroom? smile_o.gif Also no passion while talking at all, didn't impress me.

As for video, more scripted animations :| I bet we could do the same in ArmA. AI seems slightly improved.

I wonder when are they going to reveal new features? Or have they told us everything so that I don't notice anything new in videos.

Some input I have to put in..

1. The guy talking in the beginning of the video.

--If he is talking like that in-game, he needs a microphone/loudspeaker in his hand.

--If he is on some sort of radio but it isn't showing, I suppose it suits its purpose.

--Otherwise, it sounds like a guy in an empty wooden room, not outside talking to his men.

2. I too cannot stand the white glow cast on everything (not the post processing, but the actual white casting shadow on everything).

3. For a game whose sound effects have changed greatly, those RPGs sound pretty much identical to Armed Assaults.

3a. The explosion effects were also identical to Armed Assaults.

3b. The fire and smoke effects were also pretty bad, heres why:

3b1. A ball of flames surrounded by a model of rust just doesn't make for believable game play. The suggestion would be to make the central fireball a little smaller and spread the fire out a little - minimizing the need for additional resources while adding to the realism.  

All of these are simple gameplay tweeks that would make the game (in my opinion) perfect. (From what I've seen thus far).

Also, they've already introduced the USMC.. and showed off some of its units, ether through text or online... but nothing from any other forces - I hope the US isn't completely overpowering again. Makes for horrible one sided PVP.

guns sound was bad ? not beaucause many sound dont

heard or is impossible to generate by it !

but it's realy un don't reconosize "the ak typical sound tactac.. whas typic and ..."

Clint Eastwood

rofl.gif

If you want something better in a military simulator war game then join the real army and get the hell off of BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE'S BACK this game will rock!

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Awsome video smile_o.gif

People want realistic gun/firing sounds, but let me ask you this:

Do you also want to be wearing earplugs while playing the game?

I wouldent biggrin_o.gif

Awsome video smile_o.gif

I wouldent biggrin_o.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Awsome video smile_o.gif

I wouldent biggrin_o.gif

It's true biggrin_o.gif

This is for some of you who can't read a few replays back because you don't have the attention span to read a post before you replay. Try to understand this is still a game with limited resources and you will always know your in your room playing a game so get over it and enjoy what BOHEMIA is giving us.

THIS IS MY OLD REPLAY:

I am so sick of the people that just say YOU NEED THIS AND YOU NEED THAT AND THIS SHOULD BE LIKE THIS AND THAT SHOULD NOT BE LIKE THAT please give me and bohemia interactive a F-Break.

This game has more stuff build into it than any game on the market. Yes some games will have better graphical effects, player animations, destruction models, reload animations, sounds and Explosions but will not have the total package that this game appears to have.

I have stated this before. My old man has a good saying " YOU CAN'T PUT 10LBS OF CRAP INTO A 5LB BAG". Some of the crap needs to stay on the ground.

The developers can't put everything in one game because the technology and resources are not here. You can't have it all in life. This is not startreck and we are not on the holodeck.

This game looks fantastic! and if the gameplay is like the original OFP then no game will come close to this for the game experience and team work required if you want a military simulator war game for home use.

Just think what this game has to offer us not what should be better or what they should do because no game will be perfect just look around at all the other games on the market and the ones being work on right now. No game has what this game has the total package of a FPS/RPG/RTS game world. The only game that will come close is the new battlestation game and not even that close.

If you want something better in a military simulator war game then join the real army and get the hell off of BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE'S BACK this game will rock!

This is just my two cents!

AVIBIRD 1

When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home!

If they make the game, They will play!

The truth is out there, If you look! banghead.gifcrazy_o.gifpistols.gifgoodnight.gif

This is for some of you who can't read a few replays back because you don't have the attention span to read a post before you replay. Try to understand this is still a game with limited resources and you will always know your in your room playing a game so get over it and enjoy what BOHEMIA is giving us.

THIS IS MY OLD REPLAY:

I am so sick of the people that just say YOU NEED THIS AND YOU NEED THAT AND THIS SHOULD BE LIKE THIS AND THAT SHOULD NOT BE LIKE THAT please give me and bohemia interactive a F-Break.

If your sick of hearing it then leave the board. Some people believe constructive criticism helps things, forums are here to allow people to voice their thoughts, not for you to cr@p all over their opinions and replace them with your own over-inflated fanboy statements like 'leave ME and bohemia alone'. Bohemia interactive are big-boys, i'm sure they dont need you wiping their noses and fighting their corner for them in their own forums.

Also, they've already introduced the USMC.. and showed off some of its units, ether through text or online... but nothing from any other forces - I hope the US isn't completely overpowering again. Makes for horrible one sided PVP.

What do you mean they didn't show anything off from other forces? I just saw tons of stuff that the ChDKZ has. Ex. UAZ w/ SPG-9, Ural with rockets, Ural with anti-aircraft gun (behind the Dshk the 2nd time it fires), Mi-17, T-72, BMP, I know what they look like and what kind of guns they have plus what they are fighting for. Not to mention the env. looked great.

EDIT: Yeah Mortars too. I forgot about that, which is odd because I was happy to see it.

Awsome video smile_o.gif

I wouldent biggrin_o.gif

let's not have sound voices at all, or no, i got a better idea, let's make them spray bubbles and have "bulb,bulb, bulb" sounds coming help.gif

Hi all

In reply to Victor

The nature of war is that one sides weapons are superior in some aspects to the other. NB the "in some aspects".

That is why you have to change your tactics to suit your weapons and the weaknesses of your enemies weapons.

The Vietnam era AK47 v M16 debate has been gone over many times in this forum. As has the difference between an AK47 and an AK74.

If you want to play the CTF style PvP, and you do not want the "one sided PVP" you describe, then just arm both sides with G36s. All though M16s and AK74s are more or less equal.

If you want to make and play the more advanced and modern PvP styles you accept the balance limitations and address them by including size of force differences as well as awkward win conditions for the technically superior force.

And that is before you add in that well known basic principle of competition; of making both sides play on both sides of the pitch. wink_o.gif

In reality the USA won every battle it fought in Vietnam with its superior technical ability BUT it lost the war due to superior NVA strategy.

It is not about the kills it is about the person who is left standing on the contested ground at the end.

PS in public advanced PvP I tend to choose the weaker side as do most experienced players. We adapt our tactics to suit and I have to say we beat the noobs who go for the latest Gucci toys more than we loose.

Kind Regards walker

The new vid is definitely touching! The setting is awepic and is also a good reminder for those balkans vids that were made during the yugo wars in the 90s. Some are damn nasty - so the queasy feeling is back again. And btw: this is, i guess, why hollywood and corridor shooters are portraying those bad guys as adihash equpiment or competitives powered clotheshorses... Anyhow, great work folks!

...And now game's mechanics need to reach the quality for not having good visuals only at the end wink_o.gif

Edit: wrong thread maybe...sry

I'm likeing the videos we've been shown. The only thing i don't like, is the fact we're not actually seeing anything from the gameplay side of ArmAII. All we're seeing, is cleverly scripted videos.

I would much rather see, an AI lead squad attack on an enemy guard post/check point, to see how the new AI handles this. Or even a convoy going from one village to another, just to see if the convoy can actually get there.Or how about an AI piloted helo against infantry and apcs.

These would be far less time consuming to make, and much easier.

As i'm a pessimist, I tend to see these videos as a cover up of the less than satisfactory AI and how it handles specific routines.I would just like to see for myself before buying the game, if the AI is really capable of doing things any differently than it could in ArmA. I don't trust reviews 100%, so i would like to see these things for myself.

I'm trying to remember if BIS have ever released a video of anything other than a scripted event or just messing around.

Edit; Lets just say i'm seeing this, from a persons perspective who's never seen flashpoint/arma before. These videos look swanky and all, but do they actually portray the real gameplay of the game.

THIS IS MY OLD REPLAY:

This game has more stuff build into it than any game on the market. Yes some games will have better graphical effects, player animations, destruction models, reload animations, sounds and Explosions but will not have the total package that this game appears to have.

I have stated this before. My old man has a good saying " YOU CAN'T PUT 10LBS OF CRAP INTO A 5LB BAG". Some of the crap needs to stay on the ground.

The developers can't put everything in one game because the technology and resources are not here. You can't have it all in life. This is not startreck and we are not on the holodeck.

This game looks fantastic! and if the gameplay is like the original OFP then no game will come close to this for the game experience and team work required if you want a military simulator war game for home use.

Just think what this game has to offer us not what should be better or what they should do because no game will be perfect just look around at all the other games on the market and the ones being work on right now.  No game has what this game has the total package of a FPS/RPG/RTS game world. The only game that will come close is the new battlestation game and not even that close.

This is just my two cents!

AVIBIRD 1

When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home!

If they make the game, They will play!

The truth is out there, If you look!  banghead.gif  crazy_o.gif  pistols.gif  goodnight.gif

if you don't see the point of pushing things getting better then give us a break and go play OFP.

Your all just as bad as each other, you all are posting shit, so keep with the topic jesus...

And in that last video them Red Star insurgents looked bad ass, i cant wait for the rest of the video's looks like we are going to be able to create many differnt types of missions with all these factons gona be great!

Your all just as bad as each other, you all are posting shit, so keep with the topic jesus...

But it's the BIS forums, that's what we do here!  rofl.gif

Haha same old typical stuff. I thought the video was pretty cool.

Some people mention the white glow and weird colour of the game in that video, as well as they guy sounding as if he was inside. Remember it's suppose to look like a propaganda video filmed on a cheap old VHS camera, so that is probably intentional.

The way the guy's lips hardly moved was weird, maybe there was a problem with the lip-synching at the time.

But it's the BIS forums, that's what we do here!  rofl.gif

Haha same old typical stuff. I thought the video was pretty cool.

Some people mention the white glow and weird colour of the game in that video, as well as they guy sounding as if he was inside. Remember it's suppose to look like a propaganda video filmed on a cheap old VHS camera, so that is probably intentional.

The way the guy's lips hardly moved was weird, maybe there was a problem with the lip-synching at the time.

lol, if you thought white glow was intentional, it's not. it's everywhere, every video and screenshot. (but there's less of it when the sun is fully open). And I think it's just a situational time and weather condition that needs to change imo.

Awesome vid BI, this new faction looks great.

If they wanted a discussion free media release forum, they would have one... oh wait..

ArmA 2 -NEWS

Its ok, its not like its been almost a year or anything since they've touched it smile_o.gif

lol, if you thought white glow was intentional, it's not. it's everywhere, every video and screenshot. (but there's less of it when the sun is fully open). And I think it's just a situational time and weather condition that needs to change imo.

Exactly, every press release, magazine article, screen shot, promo video, trailer... everything has it. I'm going to go crazy. Not everyone I walk into on the street looks like they are a glowing angel.

Exactly, every press release, magazine article, screen shot, promo video, trailer... everything has it. I'm going to go crazy. Not everyone I walk into on the street looks like they are a glowing angel.

The bloom yes, but in the other pictures and videos it doesn't look the same as that trailer.

And that quote isn't what I said, you have the wrong name there...