Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Thanks for the article, and thanks Mr. Buchta for the info. Greatly looking forward to see what you all have cooked up!

The screenies are sweet as well, OOOhhh yeah baby. inlove.gif

As to the graphics the detail on the tanks is stunning.

Anyone else notice the bootprint on the front of tank where the crew have been climbing on it?.

yep stunning indeed thumbs-up.gif

but i'm more interested in will shtoras work or they just sit there.

i still wondered how many out-dated weapon/design are being used on modren day weapon systems in the game

anyway its just a tiny issus if you ask me

but i really hope the AIs is going to work as it should

i still wondered how many out-dated weapon/design are being used on modren day weapon systems in the game

anyway its just a tiny issus if you ask me

but i really hope the AIs is going to work as it should

Ivan B said that all the weapons are modern , and there are also old weapons that the partisans use

Well it does sound great 'tis - ARMA 2. but what I find irritating about the preview is

Quote[/b] ]The principles of the gameplay(control) are the same

Sounds like the game plays exact like Arma. I hated Arma's controls in CQB, as they ar clunky and hard to manage, it's impossible to keep fighting in CQB or precisselly advance into buildings.

http://www.arma2.com/chernarussian-movement-of-the-red-sta-2_en.html

biggrin_o.gif

Things i was happy to see, motars, bullet holes on trees, "rocket truck" You also notice the UAZ loses it wheels, but the postion of death of the solider looked rather stupid.

mplayerc200902131949241wm0.jpg

mplayerc200902131948485uq7.jpg

mplayerc200902131949129st1.jpg

mplayerc200902131950100ec2.jpg

Things  I wasnt happy to see :

Reload of RPG time was way to quick and couldnt see if ai was reloading air.

lol @ the rpg sound from arma1.  rofl.gif

and no explosion sound wow_o.gif

i have to say that i'm disapointed by sound effects, after the a-10 video i thought the sound engine had been vastly improved but what i hear here sounds nothing but arma1, i hope next vids will prove me wrong...

WOOOW! the immersion in it looked tremendous! the graphics were also amazing.

I love the angles that the film was shot at and the bit at 1:04min,

i reckon i'll seek support of the ChDKZ in the campaign wink_o.gif they're funny  rofl.gif

why do BI have to torture us like this and make us wait 10-12 or so more weeks till release??

i have to say that i'm disapointed by sound effects, after the a-10 video i thought the sound engine had been vastly improved but what i hear here sounds nothing but arma1, i hope next vids will prove me wrong...

It's not the sound engine that's letting you down, it's the sound file that the engine is playing.  Hopefully this is just a placeholder.

edit: overall I found the sound in the video to be quite good. I really liked the dshk sound.

If you look at the attaked UAZ it looks like they have new models for destroyed vehicles and secondary explosions. That would be a big step forward.

I also dislike the RPG reload animation (like in OFP).

Nice to see the BM-21 Grad! Hope they finaly have a working artillery system for it! Looking forward to see it in action!

I really liked that video. I'm thinking that even if this game isn't what I'd initially hoped for, it's certainly going to be something I like almost as much but for different reasons. If the actual gameplay keeps the immersion in the video during battles, I simply can't wait.

I must say i am sold based on the island alone, those were some very nice landscapes.

Also in the UAZ with the spg-9 scene there is a soldier that is moving backwards, i guess that is new.

Hope they release a HD version of this give a better feel. love what i see though, 'bullets through trees' was not expecting that! biggrin_o.gif

I'm RATHER excited!  This looks, sounds fantastic!  Please tell me the camera sway can be in game itself..  I know, possibly get a bit sick, but a bit is immersive, as the stabilization of your eyes is not perfect.  One concern I have is the environmental sounds of the weapons firing.  Off screen, you here an absolute hellfire of shots being rattled off.  On screen, you see and hear the POP..  POP.. POP.. - I hope the  'Can O' Whoopass'  sounds of suppressive fire are real actions by the AI.  (I know it's in the AI, I just hope BIS is teasing us by not showing it off yet)

Noted the blurring and shake caused by the weapons fire, possibly a bit extreme, but a reasonable and effectively generated condition under fire. thumbs-up.gif

Particles look refined, hope it's not just my desire for this game to be polished...  crazy_o.gif

Like the storyline and solidity in the character of this faction.  The story matches the equipment, the political direction and serious attitude behind it.

All in all, quite jazzed by this.  yay.gif   notworthy.gif

Keep up the good work!