Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Very impressive :)

Someone who knows what Arma II is all about.

27.gif

Yeah... now we need a ArmA2 + ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead GOTY Special Edition... with a free Dinner with the BIS Guys to celebrate this award...

Very impressive :)

Someone who knows what Arma II is all about.

A very awesome Article, especially the naming of the ACE-Mod!

It's rare that a games journalist even scratches the surface of Arma2. Still it's nice to see appreciation when they do. Arma2 simply offers so much more than mainstream titles. Is this so hard to understand? Seems so, in the majority of cases.

Reading those articles make me proud to be an ArmA 2 player, and even more proud to know i was there since OFP first came out.

This is simply put the game for me, and nothing else comes close.

That was great.

I loved this part.

“I see one,†I heard Egg say through our comms. What? I couldn’t see anyone. My view of the base was still a bit obscured by the treeline. Egg snaked closer. “Alright,†I said. “You make a break for some cover inside the base, I’ll cover you with the rifle.†This ended up being my first learning experience of the evening. I’m not totally sure why I told Egg I’d cover him when I couldn’t see a goddamn thing. I think it was just the lure of speaking such a correct and manly bundle of words. Egg made a break for it, and I watched his little woolly-hatted form go heaving across the grass to come to a stop right in my blind spot. The gunshots began immediately...

:D

ArmA 2 rated 21 on the top 100 games of all time in the latest US PC Gamer mag.

Edited by th3flyboy

Can't really argue with that. The voice comms are er.... unique...

Can't really argue with that. The voice comms are er.... unique...

1, go read that review- Far to our front.

Go, I'll cover!

Read that sucker! :D

ArmA 2 named "most PC game of 2009" by PC Gamer magazine US, March 2010 issue. In other words, they named it the game of 2009 which best represents the possibilities of PC gaming. Furthermore, the article specifically mentioned ACE 2 mod.

ArmA 2 named "most PC game of 2009" by PC Gamer magazine US, March 2010 issue. In other words, they named it the game of 2009 which best represents the possibilities of PC gaming. Furthermore, the article specifically mentioned ACE 2 mod.

Well you must be very proud of yourself. :D

Reading those articles make me proud to be an ArmA 2 player, and even more proud to know i was there since OFP first came out.

This is simply put the game for me, and nothing else comes close.

It's funny, because although I only joined fairly recently, I was also here since the first Operation Flashpoint.

I remember going to a local game store and seeing it on sale for £6 on xbox. (The original one). The cover looked pretty cool, so I bought it! I got home with my mate, shoved it in the disc tray, and within a few minutes turned it off, calling it the worst game ever made. Bear in mind I was only about 12 years old :P

Anyhow, later that night I thought I would play it anyway, I was bored, and my friend had fallen asleep. Now that I actually *Tried* to like the game, things started rolling. I was up all night that day, and for the next few months, All I did was play it.

Then came that time when I bought the PC version...

It was more epic than I ever imagined, and I didn't even know a community existed!!! I don't actually remember playing a modded version of the game. That being said, I was mesmorised when the Arma pre release marketing started happening, the graphics looks amazing! Unfortunately my pc was far from good enough, so it took a good 6 months before I bought it.

It was Arma 1 that introduced me to the community, to online, and to the ace mod. That's when I knew there was no turning back! Since then it has been the only game I can never get bored of. Even the best games, Mass Effect, Oblivion, GTA etc...They are great, but get boring so quickly. Not Arma, Arma is always different!

Then Arma 2 came out, and it is the first release from BIS that I have truly been involved with from day one of its launch. I love Arma 2, and I can't wait for all the things it will bring me in the future!

Awesome news thanks for sharing, if anyone can get us a pic/scan of that we'll be mightily appreciative :)

For me and my Squad, there is no other Game on the Market that can cover the Realism and Depth of ArmA II. That is one Reason why we never get bored about it. The other one is the great Community and the continued efforts of BI to keep the Ball rolling and rolling..... :yay:

From IDEAGames twitter page

ARMA2's dev. team had a visit from Czech TV. New features from Arrowhead were presented; some footage will certainly make it to the net.

2:52 PM Jan 14th from web

So does anyone know which TV show that could be?

Game Page, airs on Saturday, February 13.

See Arrowhead thread for details.

Since I dont have access to a photo copier, ill transcribe the PC gamer "article" here. its rather just a short shout out. cool though

PC gamers are obsessed with fidelity. We want our graphics cards to be tuned, well oiled machines that render the undiluted truth of what games should look like. We want our headsets to pour authentic 5.1 audio into our ears. We want our mice to be extensions of our will that register every minor input

ArmA2 is an expression of the power and value of fidelity as a wargaming experience. in the right settings (for us: online coop with 10-20 friends on voice chat), it becomes a pure platform for realism. Every bullet trajectory, helo take off, and missile impact is accurately modeled. Its a game where "classes" emerge from nuanced equipment and skill sets: snipers, artillerymen, tacticians that can read maps, medics, tank gunners, scouts that laser mark enemy tanks for aerial bombardment.

the best side effects of this design is a venue that swells with immersion. If an A10 Warthog crashes two miles away, you'll hear the explosion 10 seconds later. In large scale missions, you'll stumble across full scale tank battles that have absolutely nothing to do with your mission objective.

ArmA2 is our "most PC" game of 2009 for its outstanding community support. in half a year, milsim fans have modeled dozens of pieces of military equipment into the game along with entirely new islands, interface addons and utilities, scripting tools, hundreds of missions, and even full conversions like the Advanced Combat Environment mod, which brings obnoxious levels of realism like mid air refueling, weapon jams, and an expanded medical system that adds unconsciousness, morphine, and temporary hearing loss.

Even amid the AI bugs, engine optimization issues that continue to be patched, ArmA2 is an unapologetic expression of what is possible on the PC; complexity, community, technical excellence and the wonder of simulation.

-PCG

(my note)

the article also has a small picture featuring a long line of santas (senchi's santa addon i believe) with M4s and the caption: "Realistic as it is, our favorite moments of ArmA 2 are the ones that break the games semi-rigid rules"

the runners up for the "most PC" GOTY, teamfortress 2, Demigod

The Game page clip number two on the expansion is here.

EDIT: It's accessible now, the ArmA2:OA starts at a time index of 10:30 (just about in the middle)

Direct WMV stream link: http://ctdir.visual.cz/iVysilani/Services/Streaming/ClientPlaylist.aspx?id=NDU2NzgwMDMyfDYzNDAxNjYxNjcyMTIxMDAwMA==

Edited by sparks50

ArmA 2 makes Maximum PC March issue: 2009 Gaming Awards -

"400 Sq. Km of Real, Hard Emergent Gameplay"

Sweet !