Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

The A-10 sounds interesting .

i think it somehow sounds wrong :/ heard several a10s in real life and in videos and i think they have their very own sound.. you can hear it out of 100s of jets..

And regarding to the heat from the tank , i think its just the trees , but we cant exclude the posibility of heat having the bending effect on the air .

Well, in this case I also think that it is the trees.

If you look at the beginning of the video (sec. 3-6) you can see such flickering in those brown trees in the background too (the ones right and especially left of the parked tank).

Well, in this case I also think that it is the trees.

If you look at the beginning of the video (sec. 3-6) you can see such flickering in those brown trees in the background too (the ones right and especially left of the parked tank).

I gues it wouldnt be the end of the world if they dont implement it , but why not hope smile_o.gif .

Oh and maybe the tank's engine was running tounge2.gif

The A-10 sounds interesting .

i think it somehow sounds wrong :/ heard several a10s in real life and in videos and i think they have their very own sound.. you can hear it out of 100s of jets..

True ...Never said it was 100% acurate , but it has that distinct high pitch sound .

I gues the devs are bound to tweak the sound now , huh ... all the people complaining

+ Tanks have weight?! OMG, i couldn't believe it....

Hmm...I don't think that was 'weight' in action.  

By looking how other vehicles move, I believe the tank is just passing rocky terrain or is constantly stoppping (arma style) to let the other tank pass), so it kind of moved, like it had weight.

Coincidence maybe, I don't know, but hell, that looked good.

No, i don't think so, it rather looks it has real dampers which are reacting quicker compared to in Arma1.

In Arma1 Tanks start to basically "flying" for a short period of time, when passing over the smallest rocks tounge2.gif

I really think that the snippet could be a indicator for some more realistic "g-force".

In Arma1 "g-force" felt like being on the moon or under-water.....

Love the MEU vid..  watch it almost every day.  Nice whine on the A-10 flyby, SASRecon..  Here's the distant 'Dragons Roar' that would be nice to hear.  Note the time from impact to the sound of the firing.  (I know BIS have better sources than these, but this is just my two cents)

Sorry for off topic but damnnn rofl.gif  goodnight.gif

My words exactly brotha... now if the A 10 in Arma 2 does the same ... I'm just gona buy the game for the damn plane ( kiding).

And to be honest I think I like how the A 10 sounds in the USMC video then in real life . As i said , it's interesting.

So...when we can assume next video/info will appear? Thursday?  goodnight.gif

Well ... they said the info will come on a weekly basis . I dont think they have a fixed day of the week when they give us info . It would be nice if they give us a more in deph look at the weapons whistle.gif

Has anyone heard any more on the rumoured release date of 20.02.09.

Peter Games (aka. Morphicon) says 20.02.09 and they released it first last time. Strange there is no big build up, but if I remember right it was the same with OFP all those years ago.

http://www.shooterplanet.de/Shooterhaupt.php?id=654

Amazon.de says same date too.

Don't want to stir histeria, so soz but just checking if its old news ?

Many thanks

Jas

Has anyone heard any more on the rumoured release date of 20.02.09.

Jas

I wouldnt trust amazon on the r date

Quote[/b] ] Well ... they said the info will come on a weekly basis . I dont think they have a fixed day of the week when they give us info . It would be nice if they give us a more in deph look at the weapons

well maionaze BI said that they'll give us info on vehicles, factions and weapons over the next few weeks before ARMA2s release!

Quote[/b] ]Has anyone heard any more on the rumoured release date of 20.02.09.

Peter Games (aka. Morphicon) says 20.02.09 and they released it first last time.  Strange there is no big build up, but if I remember right it was the same with OFP all those years ago.

http://www.shooterplanet.de/Shooterhaupt.php?id=654

Don't want to stir histeria, so soz but just checking if its old news ?

jasooon thats all old news which hasn't been updated yet; amazon is always a bit bad with release dates  confused_o.gif

but BIS said that they will post the new bits of info weekly and there were 11 or so bits of them, so that means the release is 10-12 weeks away!

just one question to BI, WHY CAN'T I PRE-ORDER THIS AMAZING GAME YET??  pistols.gif  crazy_o.gif

i can't wait that long...

well maionaze BI said that they'll give us info on vehicles, factions and weapons over the next few weeks before ARMA2s release!

Yes , but more in depth . Specifications , best way to use it etc .

just one question to BI, WHY CAN'T I PRE-ORDER THIS AMAZING GAME YET??  pistols.gif  crazy_o.gif

i can't wait that long...

Ask your local publisher, BIS (as developer) has nothing to do with selling the game.

And get yourself a new keyboard in the meantime, something is wrong with your caps and/or shift key.

so it is 6 weeks to go (based on info segments still to be filled) before arma2 is released? i remember from somewhere that most games go gold 4 weeks before appearing in store so  it should go gold next week or the following?

6 weeks from now dates the release then at 10 March or maybe 17 March? I hope so but it all seems a little too soon.

a pre-order option would be great. I'll contact sprocket games as that is where i got arma from.

From the Informations i have, its maybe around May 2009.

One indicator is the german USK:

As some may know, Germany was one of the major markets for both OFP + Arma and both games appeared first in germany and czech, before anywhere else in the world.

However,

Before any game can be sold in Germany, it has to be tested by those german USK guys, which is usually around 4-6 weeks before release of a game as the process takes that long/long queue....

So far there was no Arma2 brought to tests to the german USK, which could mean that its at least 4-6 weeks until release.

(source german community forum, from official german-support "frontman")

Second indicator are the upcoming 10-11 Teasers for Arma2 faction, weapons, vehicles etc.

According to Arma2 Website, they are appearing in weekly basis, so this could mean 10-11 weeks until release.....

All is speculation though tounge2.gif

According to Arma2 Website, they are appearing in weekly basis, so this could mean 10-11 weeks until release.....

goodnight.gif No no no and no

Exactly ! Ever thought that they could release multiple updates at the same time.

Who/Where said it was 10-11 updates?

well, looking on the side there are 6 sides to reveal + addition information, and The main page says 'updates on weekly basis', which logically means revealing a side per week, which instantly, logically, means it's about

6 sides per 6 weeks + additional updates, so it's safe to say, we're for 10-11 update treaty.