Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Still has frame rate problems?

Could be because of recording, busy hard drive - not good for ArmA. Or maybe the reviewer is playing in a 5000x5000 resolution, hard to say ;)

And not tweaked well enough. Settings not made properly. Just in with the DVD - install - start it.

We dont know.

Still has frame rate problems?

I cant tell if this is a serious question or not. :???:

This is RV engine were talking about!

from what I can make out, the Gamestar is running at 100% 3D resolution, because all the foilage within a relatively close distance (~150m) is flat and color smears.

if they were running 150% for example those tree/bush lods would have a higher value even at crazy distance.

there's a picture showing this phenomena in the bug thread under technical support.

Still looks like a good standalone game but I wasn't really expecting anything in terms of actual increases in Rendering efficiency.

I shall wait for the counterargument!

Edited by Flash Thunder

What argument would you need other than the fact that Fraps drops your framerate to half?

What argument would you need other than the fact that Fraps drops your framerate to half?

I don't think they work with fraps, in some older video they showed how they capture videos - connect a hd camcorder with the pc, then let it capture the scenes - for exactly the reason that capture programs will drain resources and lead to "fps-falsified" footage.

But yep, they might have gone lazy.

I always wonder how many of these reviewers use FRAPS and how many use dedicated recording hardware.

So the faces are more detailed for all units, not just campaign-specific ones, and it is confirmed that there are German KSK units in-game. Oh, and a revolver, single-engine Huey along with an M60 machine gun and an FN FAL? :yay:

Although I would've liked to see more pictures of the United Nations peacekeepers.

noyphh.jpg

Edited by Laqueesha

Weed need a translation; any Poles willing to help? :D

lol, golden Magnum

LOL @ the "eyeballs" on the Hind. Oh, and we finally get to see that FN FAL and old-school BTR in detail. :yay:

I'm kind of disappointed and yet excited that all of the U.S. Army soldiers will all have FN SCARs, or that's what it apperars to be judging from the newly released preview content. I do prefer the trusty ol' M4 carbines and M16A4 rifles though.

Edited by Laqueesha

The Czechs have the M4.. but i hope too that the U.S Army have also M4 and M16 rifles[/url]

I believe the M4 carbines are only for the Czech special forces in that regard. The regular Czech soldiers use local "Vz." rifles as shown in other screen captures. :D

Oh did anyone notice the loadout on that one A-10? :yay:

show us the UN troops :(

we can not shoot from vehicles, but we can adjust the range of the sniper rifles (as opposed to what is said in the polish preview ) as we saw in the Gamestar video preview

@eJay thx for this ;)

I hope for a smoother/more fluid movement for better urban battles..

Looks good, but I feel that the distant terrain resolution is a bit low, and the low grass and shadow draw distances may hinder the game slightly. Still, definitely can't wait to actually play it!

I play with my Xbox 360 Elite controller in Arma 2 all the time. Well, for driving and flying at least.

Yup me too.

I also use the keys/mouse at the same time when needed (lean/free look/sniping etc etc)

Very nice, that unused Ðнтонов Ðн-2 "Колт" is making an appearance!

If you still need a translation, here's a short summary of the polish article:

The game ran smoothly @high settings on AMD Phenom II X4 940, 3.00 GHz, 4GB Ram. Zargabad though is a real benchmark for your PC (the town map?). There's no big difference when it comes to eyecandy in comparison to ArmA 2, but everything looks nice (buildings, water, vegetation).

There are 3 maps: Takistan, Desert and Zargabad. Everything is polished and nicely balanced when it comes to desert vs green areas. Almost all buildings are enterable, and the destruction system works nice.

The only new thing in the previewed version's editor is the "Town Construction Set". He didn't have time to properly test the editor though.

AA warning systems work on vehicles with radars (sound beep and flashing red marker on the radar). AI handles countermeasures really well.

No new anims, apart from the wave hello thing. The old ones seem to be polished a bit.

Still no shooting from vehicles, trees and bushes still are able to stop sabot rounds and are hard to knock while moving fast in a tank, vehicle destruction system needs to be polished. Grenades still bounce like tennis balls.

Apparently the flight model was improoved, there are some new ambient sounds.

Locking the Javelin now has three stages "search" "lock" and "ready to fire" with an appropriate sound sample, AA is also realistic.

edit: in the previewed version there was no option to adjust the sights, but there's a thermal scope and it works great

Edited by funnyguy1

Not yet, but still in plans :) Now I'm going to herd my Takistani sheeps.

Still more to come in next 2-3 days, so be aware ;)

so was this it?

or are you still to release another video? :)

If so, could you experiment with the gamma and daytime a bit, I really wanna see what the afternoon looks like.

And if laser in the PEQ units on weapons works in the WIP code? Would be nice if you (ejay) got a chance to test it. :)

Thanks a lot for the previews. Much appreciated!

It seems from the polish pics that everyone gets new cool hi-def faces, not just the "heroes" like in Arma 2... The locals look very nice as well.

Zagrabad doesn't look that big though from the map... it may feel different ingame (the pics made it feel bigger), especially if most buildings are enterable (lots of places to hide).