Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Ok we had a review in PC Powerplay, an Australian Magazine. www.pcpowerplay.com.au.

Cant get it online Im afraid, but to sum it up:

"For now, though, Bohemia's opus is a boy that would be king; the potential is there, but its just not ready yet". 7/10.

There's a four page article on the mission editor in the October issue of PC Format (UK), community scripts by Tajin, Matt Rochelle and You! get a mention.

Another video-review of ArmA 2 v 1.03 on the czech game website Tiscali Games, and quite a positive one. The reviewer seemed to like it very much, apart from the classic AI driving...

For english subtitles send happy thoughts to Deadfast ;)

Edited by Myshaak
oops, spelled your nick wrong, srry :-)

Hey gamers!!

Just watched it, very impressed so far, the overal feel of the game is just great. dont like the blood effect though, hope this is just wip. Now i am excited about this game and it looks so much more than just an upgrade to arma as people keep saying

First of all: Welcome :)

Second: Blood effects are not WIP, since the game is final already :j:

But I dont think that is an important aspect of the game anyway...

Apo-TTCC has send us a link to an interview with Jan Pražák.

Take a look at this Page .

Regards Culti :D

Hmm well, many answers and their contents (if not all), or the way they are "outspoken" are just sounding a bit like from a typical PR-Guy :D

But a "good read" after all.

There is at least one more massive update coming very soon which brings not only more interesting improvements but also new playable content.

That sounds interesting :raisebrow:

Apo-TTCC has send us a link to an interview with Jan Pražák.

Take a look at this Page .

Regards Culti :D

thanks for the link :)

They are talking about this one:

Interested in the new playble content mentioned.:)

Great interview Jan! Must feel good to have a solid, ethical, and driven company to represent. You guys are few and far between. Keep to those fundamentals, and your player base will only grow. God Bless.

Interesting read, though I was hoping for more OA info (thats what i expected the interview to be about)

oh well. I wonder what the new stuff will be for arma 2 :)

I wonder what the new stuff will be for arma 2 :)

Hopefully the implementation of "hidden" SP missions.

If you open up the missions.pbo folder, there are some SP missions that weren't included in the game. Moving them to the missions folder makes them playable, but with many bugs. Maybe these missions will be properly unlocked in a patch.

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

IdUMU9qQi4g

Saw it in the Facebook group.

Abs

Abs

You didnt even bother to click the link in my post lol :rolleyes:

Edit: seems the video has moved... sorry. weird stuff.

IdUMU9qQi4g

Saw it in the Facebook group.

Abs

If you pause the video at 19secs you can see the frigate firing a missle of some kind hmm.jpg

and again at 22-23seconds

Looking for forward to it tho defo :yay::yay:

Strange stuff here, just got a standalone DVD in the mail from PC GAMER. On it was the ARMA 2 demo a list of addons (Chinook/ F-16) /tweaks like wide night view /and some missions.

The disk said October issue...but I already had the OCT cd and it was different from this???

Wonder if we can expect more goodies being showcased in the future? I think BIS could give the PCG a call when Eagle Wing is ready :)

By Eurogamer, Games of 2009: ArmA II :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/games-of-2009-arma-ii-article

I could have GOTY-ed any of these gems, but instead ArmA II, the clear victor in this year's battle of the soldier sims, gets the nod.

It prevails because it's been surprising, challenging and absorbing me for six months now and shows no sign of stopping. I know we're not supposed to revere size and replayablity these days (New Games Journalism Edict XIV) but blimey, you have to respect a game that produces pleasure like the Magic Porridge Pot produces nourishing oaty gruel.