Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

it's pretty accurate. Basically the game is ambitious and fun untill you run into a glitch which ruins the experience for ya.

Guest Ti0n3r

Good review. I have to agree with them

I think im in that video!

I was playing on the server when the gametrailer guy was in, we were doing a convoy for him :P

at 4:09 I died...

and managed to squeeze in a bad word to :P

im actually in the video a bit.

Mafiozo, My Javelin didnt fail, It was something that hit us.

Edited by Soliex

lol, that was a pretty fair review I think, especially about the voice acting!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-arma-ii/52734#comments_top

I do agree some negative points, most of them are about the campaign. However, For an old OFP player like me, I wouldn't care about the singleplayer much anyway because I know Mission Editor is the heart of ARMA2. But I think for the first timer playing ARMA, the singleplayer campaign gameplay will affect their impression toward to the game seriously.

Here is my GT comment:

OFP had a lot bugs when it first came out, but BIS always listen to the community and put effort to fix the problems most of time, this is also the reason why BIS has so much followers today. ARMA2 is great, it might still have many bugs, but i believe BIS will eliminate those problems. Don't forget ARMA2 not only allows you to play a military game, the powerful game editor can even allows player to create different style of gameplay(RPG, RTS, RACING...etc, you name it!) I'm amazed GTTV review didn't mention this.

I would admit that if I was bran new to Arma 2 and maybe had that feel of other games and coming into this "world". Then I played the campaign with said bugs I would also think it was broken in some way and be put off by that alone.

Its very hard to convey what this sim is all about really, since Arma 1 for me the campaigns ended up being that moment of thinking "hmmm, im not entirely sure this is the main focus of what this is all about to be honest". Once I got passed that and delved deeper I haven't left it alone really.

Its a shame that reviewers do come from the aspect of SP/Campaign focus and mention everything else as a side issue. Should be the other way around.

Who gives a shit what sites like gttv think? You can lower your iq while reading comments on videos there.

The reviewer is obviously new to this genre. You can pretty much see it from the way he's hip-shooting all the time and he even goes on criticizing the realism...

I also do not understand how he can find the graphics "flat".

To be honest, the very first thing I think I did when I got OFP all those years ago was start up the editor :D

The reviewer is obviously new to this genre. You can pretty much see it from the way he's hip-shooting all the time and he even goes on criticizing the realism...

I also do not understand how he can find the graphics "flat".

+1

I like the way he runs out in the open and gets shot, then blames the game for not looking before running. It's a hard concept to get, which I forget a lot because I got used to playing run 'n' gun shooters and have a hard time getting readjusted to making small steps and checking everything in sight.

Hi all

It takes a lot of ArmA deaths to retrain a standard FPS player to move properly.

Here is weird thing. I was playing some Berzerk the other night, racking up a third place spot on the board which is unusual for me on Berzerk I usually think I am on a blinder if I just about make the top ten, but lately with all the COD L33t n00bs there is a lot of cannon fodder around, but here is what drove it in.

I was wondering around town when I look behind and there are three guys stacked up behind me, I expect it on a clan server or on a coop but this was Berzerk on a public server and frankly its weird, no matter where I go these three are stuck to my like glue. I get killed twice and they end up coming back, eventually I ask what they are doing and they say well you seemed to know what your doing so we decided to follow you! :eek:

Still at least they followed basic principles follow some one who is getting good scores. Of course in a month or two they will be able to play and it will this old codger doing the following :D

Kind regards walker

I had the same experience just recently fooling around online - I was just checking framerates really - watching the rambos getting slaughtered...

After I'd done a bit of creeping around picking off a few targets for fun I noticed I'd acquired a couple of "friends"...

They seemed really eager - to survive more than 10 seconds - so we spent about 20 minutes away in a corner with keyboard commands - followed by a bit of overwatch, then successfully drew a bunch of badguys up a slope while we sat exactly as planned on the reverse... worked a treat...

They were TOTALLY freaked out - LOVED every minute of it... I had to make excuses to leave...

I sent them to Dyslexci's thread for some further reading :D

B

Edited by Bushlurker

thats awesome walker, you got groupies ;).Im a noob with online gaming. Only tried ARMA2 once and just saw a massive list of servers only a 1/4 full.

What kind of game is Bezerk ? - Id like to just play a simple deathmatch...cant made sense of the multiplayer GUI though...

Hi all

The media seem to be learning why ArmA II is so great.

It is that 4 week learning curve starting to kick in.

Hehe thanks :) , i have to agree :

"It's a testament to the brilliant excesses of what makes PC great"

Received my Custompc mag today and was pleased to see a glowing review for ArmA2!

Scores: -

Concept: - 95%

Execution: - 98%

Presentation: - 90%

Overall: - 94%

:yay:

I thought of taking pics of the review but I'm sure that's not allowed here...

Some quotes: -

"..it's refreshing to see an independent developer such as Bohemia Interactive striving to acheive such a lofty goal..."

"..while there are plenty of games that claim to be realistic simulators, Arma II is the only one that actually comes close."

"..for its intended audience it's unarguably one of the best games to hit the PC in the last decade."

"Yes, it's sadistically difficult and still buggy, but committed gamers can overcome those aspects and recognise the promise that Arma II represents. As for the non-committed players, they probably never stood much of a chance anyway..."

:bounce3:

Edited by _Cappa

Nice to see, a lot of people have been giving it mediocre reviews because it's very different. The mainstream of FPS have OK graphics, lots of action, and good voice work, but no real stretegy or simulations. So it's hard to get used to at first.

Very nice :rthumb:

Some quotes: -

"..it's refreshing to see an independent developer such as Bohemia Interactive striving to acheive such a lofty goal..."

"..while there are plenty of games that claim to be realistic simulators, Arma II is the only one that actually comes close."

"..for its intended audience it's unarguably one of the best games to hit the PC in the last decade."

Couldn't agree more :cool:

My Custompc just dropped through the letterbox, an excellent read. They awarded ArmA II "Custompc premium grade", well done B.I.

+ Realism "One of the most gorgeous and in-depth military sims ever"

- Reality "Complex, still buggy"

Edited by murkz

"as for the non-committed players, they probably never stood much of a chance anyway..."

Spoken like a true, ummm .... realist.

+ Realism "One of the most gorgeous and in-depth military sims ever"

- Reality "Complex, still buggy"

I guess realism is complex :D