Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Any word on more patches? Looks like BIS are taking their time with the next one. The first two patches got rushed I think.

BOHEMIA if you can get the game to run well you will get the great sales with the console market and more. Most console players really want this type of game and the players that don't well they have no clue because they never played FPS other then COD/BF games. Like one of my Quotes If you make the game, They(console players) will play!!!!!

It's good to see the PC sales are going great but lets see how the north american sales go. The USA is the biggest maket by far and we still have no hard copies in the stores.

Hi all

So ArmA II is starting to take the No 1 slot from the Sims.

Good to see :thumbsup:

Kind regards Walker

Edited by walker

I hope they do well and continue making these games, and perhaps expand their company so that the bugs can be quashed before release, and polish added. ARMA2 is the closest we can get to what we all want, but it's still a journey away (not necessarily a criticism).

Well said. This is exactly why I support them, the better financial response they get from Arma2, the better my hopes are for the Ultimate Battlefield Simulator to be realized.

Lol, thats actually quite a cool name

ULITMATE BATTLEFIELD SIMULATOR

works...:)

Is there anyway we will ever find out if Arma2 gave BI the kinds of sales they were hoping for?

I hope so, I care :)

And as I thought, ArmA2 sales dropped on amazon. It's currently in 65th place.

Kinda sucks, because it went from top 10 to 65th in less than two weeks. CoD4 on the other hand is still selling better, despite being released in 2007.

Kinda sucks, because it went from top 10 to 65th in less than two weeks. CoD4 on the other hand is still selling better, despite being released in 2007.

I guess this is because the main fanbase of ArmA 2 already bought the game... there aren't many more who are interested in it.

On the other hand, its still on fourth place on Steam.

It's still in top 10 in PC & Macintosh category.

I just really hope they are getting the financial results they were hoping (even dreaming) for... otherwise they'll probably branch off from this brand completely in order to find new financial ground.. :(

It'd be nice (if ARMAII did well that is) for BI to expand, and use some of their revenue to open up more studios and bring in new people. Their strong relationship with this community is unmatched, and I'd really like to see it grow for years to come.

How the fuck do PC gamers - gamers that PREFER to spend more and to get the best experience cannot see how ARMA is a MUCH deeper game to COD et al.

It is indicative of many other sides of society, decent music goes unheard, decent films lose to 'blockbusters'. Does everyone lack the patience to play, listen and watch entertainment that requires more of the purchaser ?

ARMA isnt 'radio friendly' music.

Might I add on the "Dwindling Sales" issue, that besides the fact that ArmA II is a very "crowd-specific' game, it probably also has to do with the unavailability of the Hard copy in lots of different retailers.

I've encountered many people who are not interested in purchasing the Steam version and prefer the retail copy, that are having a hard time trying to purchase the game in local game stores.

Some stores say it has to do with distribution issues, some are not aware of the game at all. I personally know of quite a few people who are waiting for the hard copy version for almost a month. I was lucky enough to buy an extra-copy from a friend who ordered from abroad.

flashback to childhood - forgot that turtles crim :) ^

Yeah, Kreng ;)

Just spent 3 hours in a coop server, found 3 teamplayers, formed a squad. great times. just wanted to share. the wait was worth it.

I think part of the reason Arma 2 has been so high on the charts of large central webshops like Amazon, Steam etc, is because it has been so hard to find it local gaming and web shops in time. So people go for the big suppliers instead, to get their game.

GT gives Overall 7.0

Story 8.1

Design 9

Gameplay 5

Presentation 6.7

Might I add on the "Dwindling Sales" issue, that besides the fact that ArmA II is a very "crowd-specific' game, it probably also has to do with the unavailability of the Hard copy in lots of different retailers.

So it's nothing to do with the fact the game has a reputation for being bugged to Hell then?

People tend to want games that work off the shelf, not needing critical patches 6 months later.

Strangely enough, had I known Arma2 was broken (which it is) I would not have bought it - and there's NO-ONE more of a lover of OFP than I am, it's right up there with my missus and beer on the love scale.

I believe it had the status of being bugged from the beginning thanks to a few german (p)reviews and none review ever published since said ArmAII wasn't, yet most said it was still worth to give a look.

Now there is the demo and you see with the gametrailers review they advise people to rather check the demo before buying.

@Zombie Mod : I'm just as pissed as anyone else to be stuck in the campaign with non responsive AI in Dogs of Wars, but I'm still glad I bought the game (twice). I guess you don't play online or in the editor though... Half the pleasure (if not more) is there...

But yes, the game is hard to find in stores.